Teaching support from the UK’s largest provider of in-school maths tuition
one to one lessons
Shape confident mathematicians
One to one tuition designed to build confidence and engagement in an interactive low-stakes environment
Hundreds of FREE online maths resources!
Daily activities, ready-to-go lesson slides, SATs revision packs, video CPD and more!
Free Year 5 Maths Worksheets And Homework – Download, Print, Or View Online
Here you’ll find all our Year 5 maths worksheets, and Year 5 maths tests that are suitable for use during classroom lessons and as homework.
- What to expect from our Year 5 Maths worksheets
These KS2 maths worksheets cover every part of the Year 5 primary maths curriculum, to help your children practise and gain confidence in their understanding ahead of Year 6 and the KS2 SATs . Their focus is on retrieval practice – going over topics that children should already have covered and helping them strengthen their knowledge and understanding.
Most of our worksheets come in pdf format, and all of them are printable. But if you’re running out of printer ink, they can be viewed online too.
Every Year 5 maths test or worksheet comes with its own answer sheet, and guidance from the National Curriculum is included wherever it might be needed (for example, if there might be more than one correct answer for a question). Some worksheets also include model answers to help children break down the best way to solve a problem.
Note: The National Curriculum does not specify any place value teaching for Year 5. However this is often a good time to begin revising the topic (among others) in preparation for the KS2 SATs. Have a look at these place value worksheets as part of your revision.
Similarly, addition and subtraction work is largely an extension of what was covered in previous years. Take a look at our collection of addition and subtraction worksheets for practice materials for these topics.
If you’re a parent looking for more advice, try our home learning hub full of home learning packs , tips and teaching ideas for Year 5 Maths at Home and maths homework .
If you’re a teacher or school leader who is interested in improving maths attainment in your school or classroom, then this whole website is for you. Third Space Learning is dedicated to improving outcomes in maths with our online tutoring programme of maths interventions , together with maths resources and CPD.
Free Year 5 Maths Worksheets and Tests
A collection of worksheets and activities suitable for home learning from the Third Space Maths Hub. Register (for free) to download. Use Google Chrome
Year 5 Place Value Worksheets
Year 5 addition and subtraction worksheets, year 5 multiplication and division worksheets, year 5 fractions worksheets, year 5 decimals and percentages worksheets, year 5 statistics worksheets, year 5 measurement worksheets, year 5 maths tests, year 5 mental maths and arithmetic worksheets: fluent in five.
One of our most popular resources with parents and teachers and a great way to start or end the day, Fluent in Five worksheets include 5-10 minutes worth of quick arithmetic questions designed to help children become quicker at making mental or written calculations.
Children are given around 5 questions per maths worksheet – more than in previous years – to get them used to completing more questions in a short space of time ahead of Year 6 and the KS2 maths arithmetic paper.
Download the free Year 5 mental maths worksheets
Year 5 Maths reasoning and problem solving worksheets: Rapid Reasoning
Reasoning is one of the key maths skills pupils are expected to show by the time they take the Key Stage 2 SATs, and our Rapid Reasoning worksheets give them plenty of extra practice! This pack comes with six weeks of questions, with around three to four word problems to solve per day.
Download the free Year 5 maths reasoning worksheets
Year 5 Maths worksheets place value: Code Crackers
Place value is one of the most important topics in the mathematics curriculum. This fun worksheet covers key elements of the Year 5 place value curriculum including Roman numerals, negative numbers and rounding.
Use this free resource to recap Year 5 place value learning whilst finding the punchline to a pirate themed joke.
Download the Year 5 Code Crackers Place Value worksheets
Year 5 Maths worksheets place value: All kind of word problems
Place value is the basis of all mathematical knowledge. This workbook encourages children to deepen their understanding of place value through a range of different problems. Children will focus on understanding and rounding decimal numbers in context (money) creating numbers with different values and understanding Roman numerals in context (years written in Roman numerals).
Download Year 5 place value worksheets: All kind of word problems
Year 5 Maths worksheets place value: Worked Examples
As larger numbers are introduced, children can find the topic of place value more challenging. This worksheet focuses on common misconceptions and encouraging children to identify and explain errors, therefore developing their reasoning skills.
Download Year 5 place value worksheet: Worked Examples
Year 5 Maths worksheets addition and subtraction: Let’s practise using the bar model
Year 5 children will not only need to know how to add and subtract numbers with more than 4-decimal places, they will also need to add and subtract decimal numbers. This worksheet focuses on solving worded problems that include these elements, while also introducing the very useful visual element of a bar model.
Download Year 5 addition and subtraction worksheets: Let’s practise using the bar model
Year 5 Maths worksheets addition and subtraction: Worked Examples
Children can often make errors when using formal written methods of addition and subtraction, estimating or mental arithmetic methods. This worksheet encourages children to consider and discuss common errors that could be encountered.
Download Year 5 addition and subtraction worksheets: Worked Examples
Year 5 Maths worksheets addition and subtraction: All kinds of word problems
This resource encourages children to think about maths in a more open ended way. In this workbook, children are presented with a range of problems to solve and not all of them will have one answer only. From checking the addition and subtraction answers to writing a range of ways to create a number, pupils will be challenged with this resource.
Download Year 5 addition and subtraction worksheets: All kinds of word problems
Year 5 Maths worksheets addition and subtraction: Code Crackers
Sometimes, some simple retrieval questions to round up a topic is all that is needed. This resource focuses on adding and subtracting numbers with 4 or more digits to find the answer to a space themed joke.
Download Year 5 worksheets addition and subtraction: Code Crackers
Year 5 Maths worksheets on Times Tables: Tarsia Puzzles
By the time children start in Year 5, they are expected to know all their times tables in any order and the related division facts. These worksheets are a fun way to practise times tables facts independently and develop mental arithmetic skills for any children who are less confident.
Download Year 5 Tarsia Puzzles Mixed Times Tables Pack
Year 5 Maths Worksheets for long multiplication
By the end of Year 5, children are expected to be able to multipy up to 4-digit numbers by 1- and 2-digit numbers, and multiply decimal and whole numbers by multiples of 10 up to 1000, according to the National Curriculum.
These worksheets help pupils improve their skills with the former, with 45 questions ranging from multiplying 2-digit numbers by other 2-digit numbers all the way to multiplying 4-digit numbers. Each worksheet also comes with an answer scheme and modelled answers to show children how to correctly lay out their long multiplication calculations.
Download the free Year 5 Long Multiplication Worksheets
Year 5 Maths worksheets multiplication: All kinds of word problems
This workbook focuses on a range of different multiplication problems that require multiple steps to find an answer. The questions include comparison statements, complete the multiplication grid and multiplication questions involving money.
Download Year 5 multiplication worksheets: All kinds of word problems
Year 5 Maths worksheets multiplication: Let’s practise using the bar model
Children can find worded problems challenging to answer. This worksheet focuses on recapping multiplication facts up to 12 x 12 then progressing to up to 3-digit numbers multiplied by teen numbers. While this may seem challenging, the addition of the bar models helps pupils to visualise and answer the more complex problems.
Download Year 5 multiplication worksheets: Let’s practise using the bar model
Year 5 Maths Worksheets for long division
Long division is one of the most difficult parts of the primary maths curriculum. This set of 3 worksheets helps children practice it in stages, including several short division questions to begin with to help them get warmed up before tackling the harder questions.
Download the free Year 5 Long Division Worksheets
Year 5 Maths Worksheets for multiplication & division: Code Crackers
Our Code Crackers worksheets give children a fun way to revise their knowledge of a topic. Each Code Crackers worksheet includes a series of questions – in this case multiplication and division problems – based on what they have learned that year, and the answers can be put together to make the punchline of a joke!
In Year 5 children will mostly be practising long multiplication and division, but some short division/short multiplication questions are also included, to help them keep their knowledge of the basics sharp.
Download the free Year 5 Multiplication and Division Worksheets
Year 5 Maths Worksheets for multiplication & division: Worked Examples
There is a lot of content to cover for multiplication and division in Year 5, which is why we made two different worked examples worksheets. The first worksheet covers common misconceptions found when learning about prime numbers, square numbers, multiplying or dividing by a power of ten and factors. The second worksheet covers multiply 4-digit numbers by 1-digit numbers (and two 2-digit numbers) and dividing a 4-digit number by a 1-digit number.
Download Year 5 multiplication & division worksheet 1: Worked Examples
Download Year 5 multiplication & division worksheet 2: Worked Examples
Year 5 Maths Worksheets on fractions: Code Crackers
By Year 5, children have learned about both equivalent fractions and improper fractions, and even begun combining the two. Our Code Crackers fractions worksheet helps them get even more practice in solving these complicated questions.
Download the free Year 5 Fractions Worksheets
Year 5 Maths Worksheets on fractions: Independent Recap
Our newest style of maths worksheets, independent recap sheets are meant to be completed by children with little extra support, making them perfect home learning or homework activities.
This Year 5 maths worksheet focuses on finding fractions of amounts, and includes an arithmetic warm up involving adding and subtracting fractions, before moving onto reasoning questions that test how well children have learned how to calculate fractions of amounts.
Download the free Year 5 Fractions of Amounts Worksheet
Year 5 Maths worksheet on fractions: worked examples
There are certain aspects of fractions that will be familiar to Year 5 students but may still carry misconceptions. This worksheet focuses on showing these misconceptions to children to allow them to discuss them openly. While the worksheet covers some familiar aspects (adding and subtracting fractions, ordering fractions) a new element of different denominators has been introduced.
Download Year 5 fractions worked examples
Year 5 Maths Worksheets on decimals and percentages: Code Crackers
A worksheet of problems covering percentages and numbers up to two decimal places, with the answers coming together to form the punchline to the joke given at the start – great for retrieval practice!
Download the free Year 5: Decimals and Percentages Worksheets
Year 5 Maths Worksheets on decimals and percentages: Independent Recap
While decimals were introduced in Year 4, percentages are new for Year 5. These simple to follow worksheets introduce what percentages are before moving on to writing percentages as fractions and decimals.
Download Year 5 decimals and percentages worksheets: Independent Recap
Year 5 Maths Worksheets on decimals and percentages: All kinds of word problems
This workbook has a range of activities to do with decimals and percentages including converting between the two and finding percentages of amounts.
Download Year 5 Worksheets on decimals and percentages: All kinds of word problems
Year 5 Maths Worksheets on decimals and percentages: Let’s practise using the bar model
It is often important for children to understand when they will use the maths topics they are learning. This worksheet brings percentages and decimals into a real world context (shopping, for example) to help children to understand why, for example, knowing how to find a percentage of an amount is useful.
Download Year 5 decimals and percentages worksheets: Let’s practise using the bar model
Year 5 Maths Worksheets on decimals and percentages: Worked Examples
This worksheet covers what percentage is, converting between decimals, percentages and fractions as well as understanding the value of decimals. There are a range of common errors that are made within this unit that have been addressed to encourage children to fully understand the topic.
Download Year 5 decimals and percentages worksheets: Worked Examples
Year 5 Maths Worksheets for statistics: Code Crackers
In Year 5 statistics, the focus is on line graphs and more complex tables. This worksheet encourages children to read and interpret line graphs and tables in order to answer retrieval, comparison and sum calculations with the ultimate reward of finding the answer to a Halloween themed joke.
Download Year 5 Statistics Worksheets: Code Crackers
Year 5 Maths Worksheets for statistics: Worked Examples
Although children will be familiar with line graphs and tables, they are still likely to make errors, especially when reading line graphs with more than one set of data. This worksheet addresses these common errors while allowing the children to ‘be the teacher’.
Download Year 5 Statistics Worksheets: Worked Examples
Year 5 Maths Worksheets for converting units: Worked Examples
In previous years, children will have looked at converting units (for example centimetres to metres), however in Year 5, this is a unit of its own. This worked examples worksheet on converting units covers converting between metric units of measures, metric and imperial units of measures, converting between units of time and reading a timetable.
Download Year 5 Measurement Worksheets: Worked Examples
Year 5 Maths Worksheets for converting units: Code Crackers
There are a lot of facts to remember when learning about converting units. This fun worksheet recaps the key facts of converting between metric units of measure (including converting between units of time).
Download Year 5 Measurement Worksheets: Code Crackers
Year 5 Maths Worksheets for converting units: Independent Recap
These easy to follow independent recap worksheets cover a range of converting units content to help secure children’s understanding of the topic. The worksheets include converting between units of metric measures, converting between metric and imperial units, converting between units of time and reading timetables.
Download Year 5 Measurement Worksheets: Independent Recap
Year 5 Maths Test: All topics
As a child gets closer to Year 6 and the Key Stage 2 SATs, it’s important they get used to the timings and styles of questions they might face. Our Year 5 maths tests includes two assessments – one arithmetic paper and one reasoning paper – with SATS style questions created by our curriculum experts, answers and a mark scheme with detailed explanations of how to solve each question.
Both papers should take about one hour to complete, and cover every part of the curriculum, from place value to geometry and 3d shapes. This makes them useful for checking children’s overall understanding of the maths they’ve learned in Year 5, as well as providing them with exam practice.
Download free Year 5 Maths Test
Year 5 Maths Test: Times Tables
While Year 5 children are past the newly introduced multiplication tables check, knowing your times tables is a key part of many other maths topics they will learn. So it’s always worth keeping up with practice, and these quick worksheets help a child see exactly which ones they know by heart, and which they struggle with.
Download the free Year 3 Times Tables Tests
Also in this series…
- Year 2 Maths Curriculum Toolkit for 6 & 7 Year Olds
- Year 2 Maths Worksheets
- Year 3 Maths Curriculum Toolkit for 7 & 8 Year Olds
- Year 3 Maths Worksheets
- Year 4 Maths Curriculum Toolkit for 8 & 9 Year Olds
- Year 4 Maths Worksheets
- Year 6 Maths Curriculum Toolkit for 10 & 11 Year Olds
- Year 6 Maths Worksheets
Online 1-to-1 maths lessons trusted by schools and teachers Every week Third Space Learning’s maths specialist tutors support thousands of primary school children with weekly online 1-to-1 lessons and maths interventions . Since 2013 we’ve helped over 150,000 children become more confident, able mathematicians. Learn more or request a personalised quote to speak to us about your needs and how we can help.
Primary school tuition targeted to the needs of each child and closely following the National Curriculum.
FREE Fluent in Five Weeks 1 to 6 (Years 1 to 6)
Easy to implement daily arithmetic questions to build number fluency and confidence in 5 minutes a day.
Downloaded by 38,840+ teachers.
- Home |
- About |
- Contact Us |
- Privacy |
- Copyright |
- Shop |
- 🔍 Search Site
- Halloween Color By Number
- Halloween Dot to Dot
- Kindergarten Halloween Sheets
- 1st Grade Halloween Sheets
- Puzzles & Challenges for Older Kids
- Kindergarten Thanksgiving
- 1st Grade Thanksgiving
- 2nd Grade Thanksgiving
- Christmas Worksheets
- Easter Color By Number Sheets
- Printable Easter Dot to Dot
- Easter Worksheets for kids
- All Generated Sheets
- Place Value Generated Sheets
- Addition Generated Sheets
- Subtraction Generated Sheets
- Multiplication Generated Sheets
- Division Generated Sheets
- Money Generated Sheets
- Negative Numbers Generated Sheets
- Fraction Generated Sheets
- Place Value Zones
- Number Bonds
- Addition & Subtraction
- Times Tables
- Fraction & Percent Zones
- All Calculators
- Fraction Calculators
- Percent calculators
- Area & Volume Calculators
- Age Calculator
- Height Calculator
- Roman Numeral Calculator
- Coloring Pages
- Fun Math Sheets
- Math Puzzles
- Mental Math Sheets
- Online Times Tables
- Online Addition & Subtraction
- Math Grab Packs
- All Math Quizzes
- 1st Grade Quizzes
- 2nd Grade Quizzes
- 3rd Grade Quizzes
- 4th Grade Quizzes
- 5th Grade Quizzes
- 6th Grade Math Quizzes
- Place Value
- Rounding Numbers
- Comparing Numbers
- Number Lines
- Prime Numbers
- Negative Numbers
- Roman Numerals
- Add & Subtract
- Fraction Worksheets
- Learning Fractions
- Fraction Printables
- Percent Worksheets & Help
- All Geometry
- 2d Shapes Worksheets
- 3d Shapes Worksheets
- Shape Properties
- Geometry Cheat Sheets
- Printable Shapes
- Math Conversion
- Statistics Worksheets
- Bar Graph Worksheets
- Venn Diagrams
- All Word Problems
- Finding all possibilities
- Logic Problems
- Ratio Word Problems
- All UK Maths Sheets
- Year 1 Maths Worksheets
- Year 2 Maths Worksheets
- Year 3 Maths Worksheets
- Year 4 Maths Worksheets
- Year 5 Maths Worksheets
- Year 6 Maths Worksheets
- All AU Maths Sheets
- Kindergarten Maths Australia
- Year 1 Maths Australia
- Year 2 Maths Australia
- Year 3 Maths Australia
- Year 4 Maths Australia
- Year 5 Maths Australia
- Meet the Sallies
Year 5 Maths Worksheets UK Hub Page
Welcome to our Year 5 Maths Worksheets area.
Here you will find a wide range of free printable Maths Worksheets for pupils in Year 5, and Math activities for your child to enjoy.
Take a look at our decimal place value sheets, our mental math sheets, or maybe some of our equivalent fraction worksheets. Perhaps you would prefer our statistics worksheets, or how to measure angles?
- This page contains links to other Math webpages where you will find a range of activities and resources.
- If you can't find what you are looking for, try searching the site using the Google search box at the top of each page.
Year 5 Maths Learning
Here are some of the key learning objectives for the end of Year 5:
- know and use Place value up to 1 million
- Compare and order numbers up to 1 million
- Counting on and back in steps of powers of 10 from any number up to 1 million
- Round numbers to the nearest 10, 100, 1000, 10000 or 100000.
- Count forwards and backwards through zero with positive and negative numbers.
- Read Roman numerals to 1000
- add and subtract with more than 4 digits in columns
- add or subtract larger numbers mentally
- solve multi-step problems using addition and subtraction
- Multiply and divide whole numbers and decimals up to 2dp by 10, 100 or 1000
- identify multiples and factors including common factors
- multiply up to 4-digit numbers by a 1-digit number
- multiply up to 3-digits numbers by 2-digits
- divide numbers up to 4-digits by a 1-digit number
- recognise and use squared and cubed numbers
- solve problems using multiplication and division
- know what a prime number is and recall prime numbers up to 20
- compare and order fractions whose denominators are multiples of the same number
- identify, name and write equivalent fractions
- convert between mixed numbers and improper fractions
- add and subtract fractions with the same denominator or whose denominators are multiples of the same number
- multiply proper fractions and mixed numbers by whole numbers
- read and write decimal numbers as fractions.
- Multiply and divide whole numbers and decimals by 10, 100 or 1000
- read, write, order and compare numbers up to 2dp
- round decimals with up to 2dp to the nearest whole
- solve problems with numbers up to 2dp
- understand and use the percent symbol
- convert percentages to fractions with a denominator of 100
- know fraction-percentage equivalence for halves, quarters, fifths and tenths
- solve problems using simple percentages
- measure, compare and calculate using different measures
- find the area and perimeter of a range of rectilinear shapes
- convert between different units of time
- convert between different units of metric measure
- convert between simple imperial and metric units
- solve more complex money and measure problems
- draw and measure angles in degrees
- know the sum of angles at a point (360°rees;) and angles at a point along a line (180°rees;)
- identify 3D shapes from 2D representations
- Identify, describe and represent the position of a shape following a reflection or translation
- find the area and perimeter of composite rectilinear shapes
- know properties of regular and irregular shapes
Our site is mainly based around the US Elementary school math standards.
Though the links on this page are all designed primarily for students in the US, but they are also at the correct level and standard for UK students.
The main issue is that some of the spelling is different and this site uses US spelling.
Year 5 is generally equivalent to 4th Grade in the US.
On this page you will find link to our range of math worksheets for Year 5.
Quicklinks to Year 5 ...
- Place Value Zone
- Mental Math Zone
Word Problems Zone
- Fractions & Percentages Zone
- Measurement Zone
Data analysis zone.
- Fun Zone: games and puzzles
Coronavirus Stay At Home Support
For those parents who have found themselves unexpectedly at home with the kids and need some emergency activities for them to do, we have started to develop some Maths Grab Packs for kids in the UK.
Each pack consists of at least 10 mixed math worksheets on a variety of topics to help you keep you child occupied and learning.
The idea behind them is that they can be used out-of-the-box for some quick maths activities for your child.
They are completely FREE - take a look!
- Free Maths Grabs Packs
Place Value & Number Sense Zone
Year 5 place value worksheets.
Using these Year 5 maths worksheets will help your child to:
- Understand decimals;
- Use place value notation with tenths and hundredths;
- Know how to read and write numbers to 10 million;
- Understand place value to 10 million.
- Decimal Place Value Worksheets
- Year 5 Place Value up to 6 digits
- Comparing and Ordering Whole Numbers up to 6 Digits
- Ordering Decimals Worksheets
- Roman Numerals worksheets
Year 5 Number Worksheets
Using these Year 5 Maths worksheets will help your child to:
- learn to estimate and approximate;
- order numbers, including negative numbers and decimals;
- learn how to place decimal numbers on a number line;
- understand and use multiples and factors, and know what a prime number is;
- complete the missing number to balance a math equation.
- Factors and Multiples Worksheet
- Rounding Decimals to the nearest whole
- Rounding to the nearest tenth
- Balancing Math Equations
Year 5 Counting Worksheets
Using these sheets will support you child to:
- count on and back by multiples of 10;
- fill in the missing numbers in sequences;
- count on and back into negative numbers.
- Counting on and back by tens
Year 5 Mental Maths Zone
Here you will find a range of printable Year 5 mental maths sheets for your child to enjoy.
Each quiz tests the children on a range of maths topics from number facts and mental arithmetic to geometry, fraction and measures questions.
A great way to revise topics, or use as a weekly math test or math quiz!
- Year 5 Mental Maths Worksheet
Top of Page
Year 5 Addition Worksheets
- add multiple numbers in columns up to 5 digits;
- add numbers in columns, including money amounts with up to two decimal places.
- Decimal Addition Worksheets (mental)
- Free Addition Worksheets (randomly generated)
- Addition Worksheets with Multi-Addends
- Money Addition Worksheets (£ )
- Money Worksheets (randomly generated)
Year 5 Subtraction Worksheets
- learn to subtract numbers with up to 5 digits;
- learn to subtract numbers involving money with decimals with up to two decimal places.
- Free Subtraction Worksheets (randomly generated)
- 5 Digit Subtraction Worksheets
- Money Subtraction Worksheets UK (£ )
- Subtracting Decimals Worksheets (mental)
Year 5 Multiplication Worksheets
Using these 4th grade math worksheets will help your child to:
- use their multiplication table knowledge to multiply by 10s and 100s mentally
- multiply any whole number by a single digit;
- multiply a two or three digit number by a two digit number.
- Times Table Worksheets Circles 1 to 12 tables
- Times Tables Worksheets (randomly generated)
- Multiplying Decimals by 10 and 100
- Multiply and Divide by 10 100 (decimals)
- Multiplying by Multiples of 10 and 100
- Single Digit Multiplication Graded Sheets
- Double Digit Multiplication Worksheets (Graded)
- Single Digit Multiplication Worksheets Generator
- Multi-Digit Multiplication Generator
- Multiplication Word Problems
Year 5 Division Worksheets
Using these Year 5 maths worksheets will help your child learn to:
- apply their division facts up to 10x10 to answer related questions involving 10s and 100s.
- divide any whole number by a single digit.
- Divding by Multiples of 10 and 100 Worksheets
- Year 5 (4th Grade) Long Division Worksheets
These sheets involve solving a range of division problems.
- Division Worksheets (Grade 4) Word Problems
- Division Facts Worksheets (randomly generated)
Year 5 Math Problems
- apply their addition, subtraction and problem solving skills;
- apply their knowledge of rounding and place value;
- solve a range of 'real life' problems;
- attempt more challenging longer problems.
Using the problems in this section will help your child develop their problem solving and reasoning skills.
These sheets involve solving one or two more challenging longer problems.
- 4th Grade Math Problems
These sheets involve solving many 'real-life' problems involving data.
- 4th Grade Math Word Problems
These sheets involve solving a range of multiplciation problems.
- Division Worksheets Grade 4 Word Problems
Fractions & Percentage Zone
Quicklinks to ...
- Year 5 Fractions Worksheets
Year 5 Percentage Worksheets
Year 5 fraction worksheets.
- position different fractions on a number line;
- understand equivalent fractions;
- understand what a mixed number is;
- compare two or more fractions;
- begin to convert fractions to decimals and decimals to fractions.
- Equivalent Fractions Worksheets
- Comparing Fractions Worksheet page
- Improper Fraction Worksheets
- Fractions of Numbers
- Convert Fractions to Decimal Sheets
- Convert Decimal to Fraction Sheets
- Free Printable Fraction Riddles (harder)
Take a look at our percentage worksheets for finding the percentage of a number or money amount.
We have a range of percentage sheets from quite a basic level to much harder.
- Fractions Decimals Percents Worksheets
- Percentage Word Problems
Year 5 Geometry Worksheets
Using these sheets will help you to:
- classify angles - acute, obtuse, right, reflex, straight;
- classify triangles - acute, obtuse, right;
- measure angles using a protractor;
- know that angles in a triangle add up to 180°
- know the properties of regular and irregular shapes
- plot and write coordinates in the first quadrant.
- 4th Grade Geometry Worksheets
- Symmetry Activities
- Coordinate Worksheets (1st Quadrant)
Measurement Zone, including Time & Money
Year 5 measurement worksheets.
Using these sheets will help your child understand how to:
- read scales in both the standard and metric systems;
- read a scale going up in a range of fractions: halves, quarters and eighths;
- read a scale going up in tenths, fives, tens, fifties, and hundreds.
- 4th Grade Measurement Worksheets
- Converting Customary Units Worksheets
- Metric Conversion Worksheets
Area and Perimeter Worksheets
- understand area and perimeter;
- learn how to find the area and perimeter of rectangles and rectilinear shapes.
- Area Worksheets
- Perimeter Worksheets
Year 5 Time Worksheets (4th Grade)
Using the sheets in this section will help your child to:
- tell the time to the nearest minute;
- become familiar with both digital and analogue times;
- add and subtract time intervals.
- Telling Time Worksheets Grade 4 (1 minute intervals)
- 24 Hour Clock Conversion Worksheets
On this webpage there is a selection of printable 24 hour (military time) conversion worksheets which will help you learn to convert from 24 hour clock to standard 12 hour time, and from standard time to 24 hour time.
Time Interval Worksheets
These sheets will help you learn to add and subtract hours and minutes from times as well as working out a range of time intervals.
- Add and Subtract Time Worksheets
- Elapsed Time Worksheets
Time Puzzles - harder
Here you will find our selection of harder time puzzles.
- Time Word Problems Worksheets - Riddles (harder)
Using these 4th grade math worksheets will help you to:
- draw and read bar graphs with increasingly complex numbers;
- read, interpret and draw line graphs;
- Year 5 Bar Graph Worksheets (4th grade)
- Year 5 Line Graph Worksheets
Fun Zone: Puzzles, Games and Riddles
Year 5 maths games.
- Year 5 Math Games (4th Grade)
Year 5 Maths Puzzles
The puzzles will help your child practice and apply their addition, subtraction, multiplication and division facts as well as developing their thinking and reasoning skills in a fun and engaging way.
- Year 5 Maths Puzzles (4th Grade)
Math Salamanders Year 5 Maths Games Ebook
Our Year 5 Maths Games Ebook contains all of our fun maths games, complete with instructions and resources.
This ebooklet is available in our store - use the link below to find out more!
- Year 5 Maths Games Ebook
Other UK Maths Worksheet pages
See below for our other maths worksheets hub pages designed for children in the UK.
How to Print or Save these sheets
Need help with printing or saving? Follow these 3 steps to get your worksheets printed perfectly!
- How to Print support
Return to Math Salamanders UK Home Page
Return from Year 5 Maths Worksheets to Math Salamanders Homepage
The Math Salamanders hope you enjoy using these free printable Math worksheets and all our other Math games and resources.
We welcome any comments about our site or worksheets on the Facebook comments box at the bottom of every page.
TOP OF PAGE
- Puzzles & Challenges
© 2010-2023 Math Salamanders Limited. All Rights Reserved.
- Copyright Policy
If you're seeing this message, it means we're having trouble loading external resources on our website.
If you're behind a web filter, please make sure that the domains *.kastatic.org and *.kasandbox.org are unblocked.
Get ready for 5th grade
Unit 1: get ready for decimal place value, unit 2: get ready for adding and subtracting decimals, unit 3: get ready for adding and subtracting fractions, unit 4: get ready for multiplication and division with whole numbers and decimals, unit 5: get ready for multiplying and dividing fractions, unit 6: get ready for powers of 10, unit 7: get ready for volume, unit 8: get ready for properties of shapes.
Guardians: Defenders of Mathematica
The Kingdom of Mathematica needs you! Add, subtract, divide and multiply your way to victory across 10 different maths topics.
Order numbers up to 100,000
Understand place value with this Maths article and learn how to order numbers up to 100,000.
What are negative numbers?
Find out how to count backwards from zero and order negative numbers.
Factors, multiples and primes
- Guide Number 2 Guides
What are square and cube numbers?
Take a look at some square and cube numbers and learn the pattern that they follow.
Adding and subtracting
- Guide Number 4 Guides
Multiplying and dividing
- Guide Number 15 Guides
Rounding and estimating
Fractions, percentages and ratio
- Guide Number 12 Guides
- Guide Number 3 Guides
Length and distance
Weight and mass
Area and volume
Shapes and movement
Lines and angles
- Guide Number 5 Guides
Position and direction
What are coordinates?
Find out how to use a map by reading coordinates on an x and y axis.
Tables, graphs and charts
What is probability?
Find out how likely something is to happen and how this can be expressed as fractions, decimals or percentages.
History of maths
How old is maths?
A look at the history of maths, from how prehistoric people counted to modern technology.
Bitesize Primary games!
Times tables 1-12
The Regenerators Green Lessons
BBC Teach: KS2 Maths
- External link External link
- Subscription Subscription
Maths Is Fun
SATs Book Camp
- Schools directory
- Resources Jobs Schools directory News Search
Maths Homework Year 5
Age range: 7-11
Resource type: Unit of work
14 August 2021
- Share through email
- Share through twitter
- Share through linkedin
- Share through facebook
- Share through pinterest
Maths Homework Sheets for Year 5
A fantastic PDF Homework Booklet for Year 5 Maths.
(Similar products are also available for Year 3, 4 and 6)
This practical learning tool includes 40 double-sided homework sheets, covering topics on the Year 5 National Curriculum. We recommend one homework sheet to be set each week, with any remaining sheets to be set as holiday homework. This invaluable resource will provide all of your Year 5 homework for the entire year, hence saving you time in planning.
As the year progresses, pupils could put their completed sheets into a homework file or folder, hence providing a full homework record for every pupil in your Year 5 class.
The sheets can be tackled in any order depending upon your own scheme of work for Year 5. They appear in this book broadly in the order in which the topics are listed in the National Curriculum.
Alternatively, the PDF book could be printed out and stapled or ring-bound to make a complete book for each pupil.
Answers are also provided in the form of fully filled-in sheets. This should make marking easy and also allows for the relevant page to be projected onto a screen in your classroom to allow for peer marking.
The titles are:
- Reading, Writing and Ordering Numbers
- Counting Forwards and Backwards
- Rounding Numbers and Solving Problems
- Roman Numerals
- Adding Whole Numbers
- Subtracting Whole Numbers
- Rounding and Various Problems
- Multiples, Factors and Common Factors
- Prime Numbers
- Multiplying by a Single Digit
- Multiplying by a Two-Digit Number
- Dividing Numbers
- Multiplying and Dividing by 10, 100, 1000
- Square and Cube Numbers
- Solving Problems using Multiplying and Dividing
- Solving Problems using Operations
- Comparing and Ordering Fractions
- Equivalent Fractions
- Mixed Numbers and Improper Fractions
- Adding and Subtracting Fractions
- Multiplying Fractions by Whole Numbers
- Writing Decimals as Fractions
- Looking at 1000ths
- Rounding Decimals
- Ordering and Comparing Decimals
- Solving Problems using Decimals
- Writing Percentages as Fractions and Decimals
- Solving Percentage and Fraction Problems
- Converting Metric Units
- Equivalence between Metric and Imperial Units
- Perimeter of Rectilinear Shapes
- Area of Rectangles and Estimating Areas
- Converting between Units of Time
- Solving Problems involving Measures
- Identifying 3D Shapes
- Drawing and Measuring Angles
- Calculating with Angles
- Reflections and Translations
- Line Graph Problems
- Reading Information in Tables
Tes paid licence How can I reuse this?
Your rating is required to reflect your happiness.
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have purchased this resource can review it
Report this resource to let us know if it violates our terms and conditions. Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.
Not quite what you were looking for? Search by keyword to find the right resource:
Teachers | Pupils | Parents
Year 5 maths worksheets
The Year 5 maths worksheets continue and build on pupil understanding from Year 4 offering 1000s of free teaching resources through daily maths tasks.
A wide and varied selection of Year 5 maths questions covers the full maths curriculum. The free daily maths tasks develop pupil knowledge, application, understanding and confidence in full preparation for the Year 6 maths curriculum.
Year 5 number skills extends pupil understanding and application from Year 4, looking at key learning objectives including, addition worksheets and subtraction worksheets with 4-digit values. In Year 5 pupils are introduced to calculating percentages and develop themselves as a percentage calculator. This allows pupils to convert and find equivalence with percent decimal fraction in different contexts.
The Year 5 maths worksheets support understanding of shape. Pupils can identify regular shapes and irregular shapes and use different properties of shapes including the properties of quadrilaterals to sort into groups. Pupils can test their understanding of the area of a rectangles and the perimeter of a rectangle by find missing facts .
Different types of graph and different types of charts are explored in Year 5 building on the understanding from Year 4. The line graph is explored allowing Year 5 pupils to read line graphs and interpret line graphs to show their understanding.
The daily maths resources available to Year 5 provides opportunity for pupils to practice existing and new skills and develop their understanding daily. Daily intervention plays a significant role in supporting and developing understanding in Year 5 maths. Intervention at the time of learning maximises learning opportunities building confidence across all areas of the Year 5 maths curriculum.
MyMiniMaths supports Year 5 maths starters, iQ mastery questions, home learning packs and along with the YouTube help videos provide the full support package for success.
Year 5 – Week 52 – Solve problems with decimals up to 3 decimal places – Friday
You have completed this week’s MyMiniMaths fluency pack on decimal word problems.
Year 5 – Week 52 – Solve problems with decimals up to 3 decimal places – Thursday
Year 5 – week 52 – solve problems with decimals up to 3 decimal places – wednesday, year 5 – week 52 – solve problems with decimals up to 3 decimal places – tuesday.
Year 5 – Week 52 – Solve problems with decimals up to 3 decimal places – Monday
Year 5 – week 51 – converting metric and imperial units of measurement – friday.
You have completed this week’s MyMiniMaths fluency pack on converting imperial to metric units.
Year 5 – Week 51 – Converting metric and imperial units of measurement – Thursday
Year 5 – week 51 – converting metric and imperial units of measurement – wednesday, year 5 – week 51 – converting metric and imperial units of measurement – tuesday, year 5 – week 51 – converting metric and imperial units of measurement – monday.
- ← Previous
Free Year 5 worksheets
Help your students master Year 5 skills with our wonderful Free Year 5 worksheets. With just 5 to 10 minutes a day, your students can horn in there class.
Our amazing worksheets will give your children plenty of practice to excel in all the topics including arithmetic, reasoning, spelling and, spelling punctuation and grammar. All the sheets are fully aligned with the British National Curriculum.
The engaging worksheets focus on a variety of skills and topics including rounding, multiplication, decimals, fraction, adverb, model verb, fronted adverbial and much more… These easy handy sheets are perfect as a daily warm-up, morning work, homework or review.
Also Read: What is a fronted adverbial? FREE word mat & worksheets
Free Year 5 Worksheets (Maths and English)
New worksheets posted daily!
Why not have a look at our daily worksheets for other year groups to keep children on track while they are at home:
For more amazing free resources, like and share our Facebook page and also follow us on Pinterest .
For more wonderful books and resources visit our store.
My Amazon picks:
The Mum Educates is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. As an Amazon Associate, I will earn some amount from your qualifying purchases.
Year 5 maths worksheets pdf | Year 5 worksheets | Year Five Maths Worksheets
Year 5 maths worksheets pdf | year 5 worksheets | year 5 maths worksheets with answers | free math worksheets downloads | year five maths worksheets
Addition 5 digits numbers worksheet year 5
Print here >
Addition of five digits numbers test sheet.
Addition circle drills puzzle test sheet pdf.
Addition of four digit numbers worksheet
Addition table drill
Addition table drill printable math worksheet
Algebraic expressions worksheet for year 5
Equations with defined variable worksheet
Pre algebra worksheet for year 5 practice.
Solve for variables
Solve for variables printable math worksheet
Add 3 decimals
Add 3 decimals printable math worksheet
Addition decimals circle drill puzzle worksheet
Addition of decimals worksheet for year 5
Comparing decimals up to thousands year 5
Convert decimals to fraction worksheet year 5
Illustrated decimal exercise worksheet pdf
Subtraction of decimals circle drill worksheet.
Subtraction of decimals
Subtraction of decimals printable math worksheet
Divide numbers ending in zero
Divide numbers ending in zero by ten printable math worksheet
Division circle drill puzzle
Division circle drill printable math worksheet
Division matching exercise printable math worksheet
Division of 1 & 2 digit numbers
Division of 1 2 digit numbers printable math worksheet
Division table drill puzzle
Division table drill printable math worksheet
Division with remainders
Division with remainders printable math worksheet
Long division of 1 to 2 digits
Long division worksheet for year 5 students pdf.
Addition of fractions
Addition of fractions printable math worksheet
Comparing fractions printable math worksheet
Convert fractions to decimals
Convert fractions to decimals printable math worksheet
Equivalent fractions printable math worksheet
Fraction of circles circles
Fraction of circles circles printable math worksheet
Fraction of numbers
Fraction of numbers printable math worksheet
Fractions subtraction printable math worksheet
Multiply fractions printable math worksheet
Multiply fractions by whole numbers
Multiply fractions by whole numbers printable math worksheet
Simplify fractions printable math worksheet
Area of circles
Area of circles printable math worksheet
Circumference of circles
Circumference of circles printable math worksheet
Perimeter and area of complex shapes
Perimeter and area of complex shapes printable math worksheet
Perimeter and area of rectangles
Perimeter and area of rectangles printable math worksheet
Polygon sides vertices
Polygon sides vertices printable math worksheet
Shapes printable math worksheet
Symmetry with shapes
Symmetry with shapes printable math worksheet
Bar and linear graphs practice sheet
Bar and linear graphs practice sheet printable math worksheet
Coordinates printable math worksheet
Freedom of setting graph
Freedom of setting graph printable math worksheet
Graph and data
Graph and data printable math worksheet
Graphs locate in x,y
Graphs locate in x,y printable math worksheet
Linear graphs printable math worksheet
Tables printable math worksheet
Venn diagrams printable math worksheet
Venn diagrams 2
Venn diagrams 2 printable math worksheet
X y coordinate practice sheet
X y coordinate practice sheet printable math worksheet
Converting scales mm cm feet yard
Converting scales mm cm feet yard printable math worksheet
Measure angles printable math worksheet
Measure rectangles and calculate the area
Measure rectangles and calculate the area printable math worksheet
Meaurements thermometer printable math worksheet
Mixed addition subtraction multiplication1
Mixed addition subtraction multiplication1 printable math worksheet
Mixed addition subtraction multiplication2
Mixed addition subtraction multiplication2 printable math worksheet
Add coins british pounds
Add coins british pounds printable math worksheet
Add coins canadian dollars
Add coins canadian dollars printable math worksheet
Add coins euros
Add coins euros printable math worksheet
Add coins usd
Add coins usd printable math worksheet
Add coins usd generic
Add coins usd generic printable math worksheet
Money addition printable math worksheet
Money subtraction printable math worksheet
Basic multiplication printable math worksheet
Multiplication circle drill
Multiplication circle drill printable math worksheet
Multiplication matching exercise
Multiplication matching exercise printable math worksheet
Multiplication table drill
Multiplication table drill printable math worksheet
Multiply 2 by 2 digit numbers
Multiply 2 by 2 digit numbers printable math worksheet
Multiply by multiples of ten
Multiply by multiples of ten printable math worksheet
Comparing numbers printable math worksheet
Counting patterns printable math worksheet
Ordering numbers printable math worksheet
Place value printable math worksheet
Prime numbers printable math worksheet
Roman numerals printable math worksheet
Round up numbers
Round up numbers printable math worksheet
Compare patterns printable math worksheet
Find similar patterns
Find similar patterns printable math worksheet
Growing patterns printable math worksheet
Growing patterns 2
Growing patterns 2 printable math worksheet
Patterns printable math worksheet
Patterns 2 printable math worksheet
Patterns completion printable math worksheet
Mode median mean
Mode median mean printable math worksheet
Probability balls in a box
Probability balls in a box printable math worksheet
Probability certain unlikely
Probability certain unlikely printable math worksheet
Probability illustrated printable math worksheet
Subtraction circle drill
Subtraction circle drill printable math worksheet
Subtraction table drill
Subtraction table drill printable math worksheet
Subtraction up to millions
Subtraction up to millions printable math worksheet
Subtraction with regrouping
Subtraction with regrouping printable math worksheet
Telling time am pm
Telling time am pm printable math worksheet
Telling time roman numeral clocks
Telling time roman numeral clocks printable math worksheet
Time past on clocks
Time past on clocks printable math worksheet
4th Grade - Free Math Worksheets, Games, Tests etc - MathFox
Math End Of Term Test For Fourth (4th) Graders - Click here !
Addition & subtraction worksheets.
- Addition of 3 sets of numbers
- Subtraction hundreds and thousands
- Addition - 3 digit numbers added to 3 digit numbers arranged vertically 1
- Addition - 4 digit numbers added to 3 digit numbers arranged vertically 1
- Addition - 4 added to 3 digit numbers with regrouping /carrying of numbers
- Addition - Four digit numbers added to 3 digit numbers
- Addition - Four digit numbers added to 4 digit numbers with regrouping
- Addition - Five digit numbers added to 3 digit numbers
- Subtraction - Finding the value of X - Thousands
- Subtractions sentence problems
- Subtraction exercise 1
- Subtraction exercise 2
- Subtraction exercise 3
- Subtraction exercise 4
- Subtraction exercise 5
- Subtraction exercise 6
- Subtraction exercise 7
- Subtraction exercise 8
- Subtraction exercise 9
- Data on tables and questions exercise
- Data and response worksheet
- Table & data worksheet 1
- Table & data worksheet 2
- Table & data worksheet 3
- Table & data worksheet 4
- Table & data worksheet 5
- Table & data worksheet 6
- Table & data worksheet 7
- Table & data worksheet 8
- Table & data worksheet 9
- Table & data worksheet 10
- Table & data worksheet 11
- Congruent shapes
- Matching congruent shapes
- Similar shapes in geometry
- Symmetry in geometry
- Areas and perimeters - complex figures -surface area calculation
- Types of Angles - Right angle, acute angle, reflex angle
- Angles characteristics - 360, 90 degrees, Right angle, acute angle, reflex angle
- Finding the change - Word Problem Getting Balance
- Price list - expensive and cheapest items
- Unit prices of items
- Canadian Money - Math worksheets
- Canadian coins - CAD 1
- Canadian coins - CAD 2
- Canadian coins - CAD 3
- Canadian coins - CAD 4
- Canadian coins - CAD 5
- Euro - Money - Math worksheets on identifying coins
- Euros - adding coins 1
- Euros - adding coins 2
- Euros - adding coins 3
- Euros - adding coins 4
- Euro - Money word problems worksheet
- British Pounds - Money worksheets
- I dentifying and adding coins 1
- dentifying and adding coins 2
- dentifying and adding coins 3
- dentifying and adding coins 4
- USA Money - Dollars, cents etc
- USD word problem worksheet 1
- USD word problem worksheet 2
- USD word problem worksheet 3
- USD word problem worksheet 4
- Sum up coins worksheets 1
- Sum up coins worksheets 2
- Sum up coins worksheets 3
- Sum up coins worksheets 4
- Sum up coins worksheets 5
- Sum up coins worksheets 6
- Sum up coins worksheets 7
- Money and buying things
- Money - Coins - Dime
- Money - Coins - Nickel & Dime
- Money - Coins - Nickel & Penny
- Money - Coins - Nickel & Quarter
- Money - Coins - Nickel
- Money - Coins -Penny & Dime
- Money - Coins - Peny & Nickel
- Money - Coins - Penny & Quarter
- Money - Coins - Penny, Dime & Nickel
- Money - Coins - Penny
- Money - Coins - Quarter & Dime
- Money - Coins - Quarter,Dime, Nickel & penny
- Money - Coins - Quarter
- Odd and Even numbers Worksheets
- Round up numbers to the nearest thousand
- Spelling numbers, hundreds, thousands
- Number comparisons - hundreds and thousands
- Plot the graphs Worksheet
- Mixed operations exercise - multiplication, division, addition and subtraction
Numbers and Comparison
- Counting crossword puzzle - factors of ten
- Number system - prime numbers , odd numbers
- Roman Numerals writing exercise
- Roman numerals Crossword Puzzle
- Even, Odd, Prime and Natural Numbers
MORE WORKSHEETS FROM GRADE 2
- Place value - hundred, tens, units
- Place Value - worksheet 2
- Place Value - worksheet 3
- Place Value - worksheet 4
- Place value worksheet 5
- Place value worksheet 6
- Place value exercise 1
- Place value exercise 2
- Likely/ unlikely - What is the likelihood.
- Mode, Median, Mean
- positions - top, bottom, middle
- Positions 2 - left, right and centre
- Single digit numbers subtraction
- Double digit numbers subtractions
- Subtraction arrangements
- Subtraction - How many balls are left
Telling Time Worksheets
- Days and months time
- Electronic clock
- Time exact_hours Time
- Hours minutes Time
- H ours Suggested answers
Venn Diagrams Worksheets
- Venn Diagrams worksheet 1
- Venn Diagrams worksheet 2
Year Five Maths Worksheets: Boosting Math Skills with Fun and Effective Exercises
In the realm of primary education, mathematics holds a significant place. It's the foundation upon which young minds build problem-solving skills, logical thinking, and numerical proficiency. Year five is a crucial stage in a child's mathematical journey, where they transition from basic arithmetic to more complex concepts. To make this transition smoother and enjoyable, year five maths worksheets come into play. In this article, we will delve into the world of year five maths worksheets, exploring their importance, content, and how they can benefit both students and educators.
The Importance of Year Five Maths Worksheets
1. reinforcement of fundamental concepts.
Year five is the stage where students consolidate their understanding of fundamental math concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Maths worksheets provide ample practice, ensuring these basics are firmly ingrained in the students' minds.
2. Introduction to Advanced Topics
While strengthening the basics, year five maths worksheets also introduce students to more advanced topics like fractions, decimals, geometry, and algebra. These worksheets progressively challenge students, preparing them for higher-level mathematics.
3. Boosting Problem-Solving Skills
Maths worksheets are designed to present mathematical problems in diverse formats. This fosters critical thinking and problem-solving skills as students tackle different types of questions and scenarios.
4. Self-Paced Learning
Year five maths worksheets offer the flexibility of self-paced learning. Students can work on problems at their own speed, focusing more on areas where they need extra practice.
What to Expect in Year Five Maths Worksheets
1. varied topics.
Year five maths worksheets cover a wide array of topics, including fractions, decimals, percentages, measurements, geometry, and more. This diversity ensures that students are exposed to various mathematical concepts.
2. Engaging Activities
These worksheets incorporate engaging activities like puzzles, word problems, and real-life scenarios. This keeps students motivated and interested in learning math.
3. Progression in Complexity
Year five worksheets are structured to progress in complexity. This gradual increase in difficulty helps students build confidence as they tackle more challenging math problems.
Benefits for Students
1. improved confidence.
As students successfully complete worksheets, they gain confidence in their math abilities. This newfound self-assurance can positively impact their overall academic performance.
2. Enhanced Retention
Practicing math through worksheets enhances information retention. It ensures that students remember mathematical concepts more effectively, which is crucial for their future education.
3. Better Exam Performance
Year five maths worksheets serve as excellent preparation for assessments. Students who regularly engage with worksheets tend to perform better in exams.
Benefits for Educators
1. customized learning.
Educators can tailor worksheets to suit the specific needs of their students. This customization allows them to address individual learning gaps effectively.
2. Easy Assessment
Worksheets offer educators an efficient way to assess students' progress and identify areas that require additional attention.
Year five maths worksheets save educators time by providing ready-made practice material. This allows them to focus more on teaching and addressing student queries.
Year five maths worksheets play a pivotal role in shaping students' mathematical skills and confidence. They provide a structured and engaging way to reinforce basic concepts, introduce advanced topics, and enhance problem-solving skills. Both students and educators can benefit from the versatility and effectiveness of these worksheets.
Where can I find year five maths worksheets online? You can find a plethora of year five maths worksheets on educational websites, such as Khan Academy, Math-Aids, and Education.com.
Are year five maths worksheets suitable for homeschooling? Yes, these worksheets are a great resource for homeschooling parents to ensure their child's mathematical development.
How often should students complete year five maths worksheets? It's advisable for students to work on these worksheets regularly, at least a few times a week, to reap the full benefits.
Do year five maths worksheets cover all the required curriculum topics? Year five maths worksheets are designed to cover a broad range of topics aligned with the curriculum, but it's essential to ensure they align with your specific educational standards.
Are there any free resources for year five maths worksheets? Yes, many websites offer free year five maths worksheets. You can start your search on platforms like Pinterest and Teachers Pay Teachers.
Year 5 worksheets Section Overview
Early learners have found educational worksheets to be especially useful and practical. It is essential to render the whole math teaching process fun and intuitive. Not only can students experience the excitement of the perfectly laid out format, but they will also gain essential skills that can help them in the real world. The year 5 maths worksheets pdf pack we offer provides an entirely different perspective on studying math concepts, especially in Year 5. Each worksheet contains all of the elements necessary to include a thoroughly engaging and entertaining curriculum that will persistently capture the learner’s imagination when teaching them the fundamentals of order of simple mathematical operations in the 5th year. So, drop in and enjoy using these worksheets and ensure that learners understand the skills taught in each. The year 5 maths worksheets printable pack is a collection of worksheets that cover varied math problems studied at this level with each having an answer key. We understand the plight of teachers and parents finding the right free year 5 maths worksheets collection that suits the needs of their children both at home and in the classroom. Parents could consider this collection as a year 5 homework sheets set with which they can practice at home with their children. Teachers can use them as extra testing material in the regular classroom. Our free printable year 5 maths worksheets pack is the best out there. We integrate illustrations and real life examples in our word and logic problems. The following topics are covered:
- Word problems year 5 – Word problems combine several math skills and notions learned at this level and apply them to possible situations children go through in their everyday life. It gives students the possibility to see math not as an abstract subject but one that can be applied to many life events like shopping, telling time, planning, projection on spending, cooking etc.
- Year 5 fractions worksheets – Children learn several notions related to fractions first by studying vocabulary that applies to fractions, then studying fractions as part of a group of objects, parts of shapes as well as equivalent fractions. Children also learn to add, subtract divide and multiply fractions. In the end the fraction word problems year 5 section enables children to apply skills in all operations to solve life case studies that require some knowledge of fractions. Word problems require students to apply some logical reasoning while solving problems.
- Multiplication word problems year 5 – This section contains worksheets on multiplication from multiplying large numbers, single digit numbers to large numbers, multiplication requiring you to regroup and more. Furthermore, students will solve multiplication word problems involving life events related to time, cost, interest, numbers, length and area of figures and more. The maths word problems year 5 section incorporates several aspects of applied maths; one of the notions that comes in handy here is multiplication.
- Division questions year 5 – We offer a wide range of activities on division in which students get to practice division in all its facades. With the division word problems year 5 collection, students blend theory in practice, hence unlocking the abstract nature of the concept of division. Through division stories, students are required to decode the division formula behind each problem. The ability to decode a problem and find a solution lays a solid foundation for more complex math problems studied in the later levels.
- Year 5 multiplication worksheet – There is a collection of worksheets on multiplication. To multiply simply means to find the product of two or more numbers. This skill was learned in the previous levels but in year five, it is taken a notch up to include more complex operations like multiplication and balancing of equations, algebra involving multiplication, multiplying numbers up to hundreds of thousands and more. There is the multiplication and division word problems year 5 section that adds a layer of complexity at this level. With such activities, students apply notions of mixed operations and bodmas to solve equations that have both operations.
- Year 5 algebra worksheets – This section adds a new skill at this level of math. There are worksheets on algebraic expressions, making the subject of the formula, algebra with equations containing addition, subtraction, division and more. There are also algebra puzzles and word problems that students solve at this stage. Algebra can be applied in many ways throughout our lives.
- Addition and subtraction – Here we have the addition and subtraction word problems year 5 pack. By this level, most students understand the skills behind adding and subtracting like addition with or without regrouping, addition and subtraction while applying bodmas, adding and subtracting while balancing equations, making numbers while adding and subtracting and more. These skills are taken to the next level with the addition word problems year 5 collection of worksheets. Apply all the notions of addition learned in year five and solve use cases.
- Perimeter worksheets year 5 – Under the geometry section, students will learn several skills like finding the area of a rectangle, circle, square and complex figures. Students will also learn how to find the perimeter of shapes. The perimeter is actually the distance around a shape. Think about it like the distance you will cover going around a football field being measured with a tape or measuring device.
- Time word problems year 5 – Telling time is a skill that was taught from the very early levels right up to this level. In the early grades students learn to read time on clocks, draw hands of clocks, read time on electronic clocks, elapsed time and more. In this section, students will solve time word problems in which students apply the earlier learned notions in solving time related problems. For example students will be tasked with stories like how much time it takes to complete a task by individuals with a given working capacity. Check out the year 5 time worksheets we offer for testing your ability in different aspects of time as taught in this level.
- Roman numerals worksheet year 5 – With these worksheets, students will learn how to find the equivalence of numbers in Arabic and Roman numerals. This skill was learned in earlier grades but at this level, we focus on Roman numerals up to thousands. Counting in Roman numerals is fun and follows a certain logic that needs to be understood right from the base, else you will always get it wrong. Here we offer several year 5 Roman numerals test sheets with which students can practice reading large numbers in Roman numerals. This method of counting can be found in some clock faces, sporting activities, in ancient buildings and more.
- Year 5 angles worksheet – With the geometry worksheets we offer, students get to review several skills. One of them is measuring angles with a protractor and selecting the correct answer among a set of choices. Students will also learn about supplementary and complementary angles. In so doing they will be required to find out how many degrees are missing to make up for one of both types of angles.
- Year 5 percentages worksheet – This page also contains worksheets on percentages which students can use to review the skill. Percentages actually depict a fraction or portion of a whole. There are activities on finding the percentage / fraction of a number. There are also activities on converting fractions to percentages, ratios to percentages and more. Finally students can apply these skills in percentages word problems in which they are required to apply aspects of the skill they learned.
There are many more topics covered with the worksheets offered in this page. Go over each title to find the collection that aligns with the topics you are currently studying in your math class. This level corresponds to math for 9 years and 10 years old in the U.K. and England system of education. It also falls under the key stage 2 math level. Have fun learning and please share.
We offer PDF printables in the highest quality.
- Grade 1 worksheets.
- Grade 2 - 6 Worksheets
Fun Games for Teaching Maths
- Penalty shooting game
- En Garde Duel Game
- Fling the teacher fun game
- More More Games.
Parents, teachers and educators can now present the knowledge using these vividly presented short videos. Simply let the kids watch and learn.
Quizzes are designed around the topics of addition, subtraction, geometry, shapes, position, fractions, multiplication, division, arithmetic, algebra etc.
Access the materials by looking at topics - Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Geometry, Trigonometry, algebra, Decimals, Division and more.
Math End Of Term Test For Fourth (4th) Graders Or Math Placement test for 5th Grade
- Fourth Grade (4th Graders) math end of term test
- Algebra Addition- Finding the Value of X - Quiz
- Algebra Word Problem Quiz
- Mixed algebra operations quiz
- Subtractions finding the value of X quiz
- Adding Fractions Quiz
- Fractions in Simplest Terms Quiz
- Fractions greater or less than quiz
- Converting Fractions to Mixed numerals
- Fractions Subtractions Quiz
- Complex figures - Surface areas, perimeters, volume - quiz
- Matching kinds of angles with their names
- Angles of Shapes Quiz Using Illustrations
- Sides, angles and faces of figures quiz
- Volume of a cube quiz
Math Printables by levels
Math quizzes and online tests, about math4children.com.
- Math Worksheets
- Math Lessons
- Math Quizzes
- Math Downloads
Levels & Grades
- Grade 2 - 6
- Math eBooks
- Math ipod videos
- Advertise on this site
- Internal Links
- External Links
Math practice for kids.
- Math Video Slides
- Algebra & More
- Subtraction Games
- Multiplication Quizzes
- Geometry Exercises
- Video Lessons
Reading & Math for K-5
- Learning numbers
- Comparing numbers
- Place Value
- Roman numerals
- Order of operations
- Drills & practice
- Factoring & prime factors
- Shape & geometry
- Data & graphing
- Word problems
- Children's stories
- Leveled Stories
- Context clues
- Cause & effect
- Compare & contrast
- Fact vs. fiction
- Fact vs. opinion
- Main idea & details
- Story elements
- Conclusions & inferences
- Sounds & phonics
- Words & vocabulary
- Reading comprehension
- Early writing
- Numbers & counting
- Simple math
- Social skills
- Other activities
- Dolch sight words
- Fry sight words
- Multiple meaning words
- Prefixes & suffixes
- Vocabulary cards
- Other parts of speech
- Cursive alphabet
- Cursive letters
- Cursive letter joins
- Cursive words
- Cursive sentences
- Cursive passages
- Grammar & Writing
Download & Print From only $2.20
Free Math Worksheets
Printable math worksheets from k5 learning.
Our free math worksheets cover the full range of elementary school math skills from numbers and counting through fractions, decimals, word problems and more. All worksheets are printable files with answers on the 2nd page.
Math worksheets by grade:
Math worksheets by topic:.
Sample Math Worksheet
What is K5?
K5 Learning offers free worksheets , flashcards and inexpensive workbooks for kids in kindergarten to grade 5. Become a member to access additional content and skip ads.
Our members helped us give away millions of worksheets last year.
We provide free educational materials to parents and teachers in over 100 countries. If you can, please consider purchasing a membership ($24/year) to support our efforts.
Members skip ads and access exclusive features.
Learn about member benefits
This content is available to members only.
Join K5 to save time, skip ads and access more content. Learn More
- Forgot Password?
If you'd prefer that certain types of cookie are not saved on your browser when visiting our website, use the toggles below to adjust those preferences and click "Save choices".
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and without them you would not be able to reliably use the website. For example, logging into your account or completing forms.
A series of cookies that collect anonymised data on how users interact with our website. This anonymous data helps us improve the website with a focus on its users, for example, ensuring the most popular content is easier to access.
View associated providers +
These cookies track your online activity to help advertisers deliver more relevant and personalised advertising or to limit how many times you see an ad. These cookies can share that information with other organisations or advertisers.