- Plagiarism checker Do The Check
- Academic editing Ask For Help
- Samples database View Samples Base
150 Actual Biology Research Paper Topics
05 May 2022
❔What Is Biology?
✍️How to Choose a Topic?
✒️Biology Research Paper Topics :
- Immune System
- Cell Biology
- Molecular Biology
- Abortion, Human cloning, Genetic Researches
- Environmental and Ecology
- Plant Pathology
Biology is one of the most magnetic fields of study these days. If you want to be a biologist or scientist in the future, there is no better time to start than right now. Biology research topics covered in this article will keep you busy and interested. Writing a research paper is one of the best ways to dip your toes into the field. Before doing that, you need to know some good topics for the research paper . They should be suitable for biology students rather than cutting-edge researchers. On Papersowl.com , we provide as many biology research paper examples as possible so that you have a huge choice.
Is writing essays your hobby?
Participate in our "Independence Day of the United States" essay writing competition and get a 12-month Quizlet subscription.
- Deadline: July 24, 2023
- Topic: Declaration of Independence
- Language: English
- Length: 1000-5000 words
- Font size: 11 or 12
What Is Biology? What Topics Might Biologists Study?
Biology is simply the study of everything that has a form of life. It includes investigations on plants, animals, and everything found in the environment. It is about studying how life forms grow, develop, and interact with each other. Biology essay topics for research encompass all these and more.
This science uncovers many fields where various life forms are studied. It makes sense to look through these fields to help you decide which suits you the best.
Plant Biology research topics are about studying the plants around us. They disclose information about their existence as a part of the ecosystem, their life cycle, resources they can give us, their ability to preserve them from climate changes, and so on. There are many ideas to choose from, but you must focus on a specific one.
Human Biology research topics are all about us. These topics focus on different body parts, such as the human brain, the human immunological system, the nervous system, etc. In addition, you can discuss DNA modifications in humans and explain why genetic disorders occur in your research projects. Various cell research is also common today.
Biology research topics on the environment are in great demand too. For example, climate change is becoming a more significant threat every day. By studying environmental topics in biology for projects and research, we can come up with ways to combat them and preserve ecosystems.
Microbiology research topics delve into things we can’t see. There are trillions of microbes and bacteria all around us. Knowing about them is essential to understanding what makes us sick and how to fight against them. All microbiology research paper topics are pretty complicated yet very engaging to include in your paper research.
Molecular biology topics dive even deeper into the level of atoms and molecules. The various medicines and drugs we take were all created through molecular-biology research. It is one of the areas full of ideas, but there is yet to be much evidence. Science is advancing in this realm but still needs a lot of time. Topics of molecular biology will need days for research only.
Keep in mind that there are more ideas and variations of this science. We offer more examples in further sections of the article about developmental biology, marine biology, evolutionary biology, etc. Explore them and make your writing appealing and meaningful in the eyes of a professor.
Need help with writing a research paper?
Get your paper written by a professional writer
How to Choose a Topic for Biology Research Paper?
When choosing a biology project topic, you must be aware of one or more fields of science. Biology research is critical to the present world. By doing research, we can learn more about genetic disorders, immune disorders, mental health, natural disease resistance, etc. Knowing about each of these could save lives in the future.
For those who may not have the time or resources to do their own research, there are research paper writing services that can provide assistance with the project. And we are always here to help you find your own topic among interesting biology research topics. Here we prepared some useful tips to follow.
- Tip 1: The level of interest matters Pay attention to one that interests you, and you might have ideas on how to develop the topic. Passion is fundamental in research, after all.
- Tip 2: Explore the topic Try to narrow things down a bit. If the topic is too broad, you may not be able to cover all aspects of it in one research paper. If it is too narrow, the paper could end up too short. Analyze the topic and the ways to approach it. By doing so, you can strike a balance between the two.
- Tip 3: Discover the recent developments To make your research paper touchable with the present day, you must explore the latest developments in the field. You can find out what kind of research has been done recently by looking at journals. Check out research papers, topics, research articles, and other sources.
- Tip 4: Ensure to get enough resources When choosing a topic, make sure it has plenty of resources available. For example, a research paper on xenobiology or cutting-edge nanobiology might sound attractive. Still, you might have difficulties getting data and resources for those unless you are a researcher at a government lab. Data, resources, complex numbers, and statistics are all invaluable to writing a paper about these topics.
That is why we have selected a range of biological topics. The topics on this list are all hopefully exciting topics for research you could write an excellent paper on. We should also add that easy biology topics to research are rare, and a writer usually needs days to prepare and start writing. Yes, biology research topics for high school students are a bit easier, but still, they need time to explore them.
On the other hand, biology research topics for college students are far more complex and detailed. Some people prefer evolutionary biology research paper topics, and we can agree with this claim. These research areas do have a lot of potential and a lot of data to support the claims. Others prefer cell biology research topics that are a bit specific and fun. Anyway, with this article's list of easy biology research topics, you will surely find the one matching your interest.
For those who may not have the time or resources to do their own research, there are provide assistance with the project.
Stuck with finding the right title?
Get plenty of fresh and catchy topic ideas and pick the perfect one with PapersOwl Title Generator.
Top Research Biology Paper Topics
This section contains a large selection of research biology paper topics. You will be able to find one that will suit you the best. The only thing left is to decide what variation of science you prefer. Whether you're interested in microbiology, genetics, or any other type of science, you'll find a topic to get you started. If you’re ever stuck or need some extra help, you can always pay someone to write your paper for you. So, take a look, and choose the perfect topic for your project!
15 Developmental Biology Topics For Research
Exploring the processes of how cells grow and develop is exciting. The human body contains millions of cells, and it’s interesting to research their behavior under different conditions. If you feel like writing about it, you can find some interesting biology topics below.
- How do stem cells form different tissues?
- How are tumors formed?
- Duplication of genomes
- Plasticity of development
- Different birth defects
- Interactions between genes and the environment
- Anticancer drugs mixtures
- Developmental diseases: Origin
- Drosophila Oogenesis
- Most deadly viruses
- Most deadly bacteria in the world
- How do germs affect cells?
- How does leukemia start?
- Development of the cardiovascular system in children
- How do autoimmune diseases start and affect the human body?
15 Immune System Biology Research Topics
For decades, many scientists and immunologists have studied the human immune system and tried to explain its reaction to various pathogens. This area allows you to deepen into it and reveal how a body protects itself from harmful impact. Look over the biology research questions below and find your match-up.
- How does the human body’s immune system work?
- The human immune system: How to strengthen it?
- What makes the immunological system weaker?
- The notion of auto-immune diseases and their effect on the body’s immune system
- The global HIV/aids epidemic
- What methods are used to prevent the spread of hives?
- Living with auto-immune diseases
- Genetics and the immune system: effects and consequences
- How do immune disorders affect the body, and what causes them?
- Are allergies signs of worrying about an immune disorder?
- DNA modification in solving immune disorders
- Stress as the biggest ruiner of the immunological system
- Vaccines as strong supporters of the immunological system
- The perception of vaccines in society
- Why do some people refuse vaccines and put others around them in danger?
15 Cell Biology Research Topics
Cell study might seem challenging yet very engaging. It will be a good idea to compare various types of cells and compare them in animals and plants. Make your choice from the list of cell biology research topics below.
- The structure of an animal cell
- Mitochondria and its meaning in cell development
- Cells classification and their functions
- Red blood cells and their function in transporting oxygen
- White blood cells and their responsibility to fight diseases
- How are plant cells different from animal cells?
- What would it be if animals had a function to photosynthesize?
- Single-celled organisms: What is it, and how do they work?
- What processes do cells go through in division?
- Invasion of bacteria into the body
- Viruses – alive or not?
- Fungi: their reproduction and distribution
- Cancer cells: Why are they so dangerous?
- What methods are used to kill cancer cells?
- The role of stem cells and their potential in a body
Build your thesis statement
This is AI-powered online tool that lets you create a thesis statement about any topic you need.
- Simple interface
- Works with any type of paper
- Absolutely free
- Unlimited attempts
15 DNA Research Topics
The variety of biology research topics for college students might impress you a lot. This is a science with a large field of investigation, disclosing much scientific information to use in your project. The notion of DNA and its gist are also excellent options to write about.
- The structure of the human DNA
- The main components of a DNA chain
- Why does DNA have a double-helix spiral structure?
- The purpose of chromosomes
- MRNA and its relation to DNA
- Do single-celled organisms have DNA?
- Do viruses have DNA?
- What happens if you have too many or too few chromosomes?
- Analyzing the structure of DNA using computers
- Uses for the DNA of extinct organisms like mammoths and dinosaurs
- Storing non-genetic information in DNA
- Can you write a computer program into human DNA?
- How does radiation affect DNA?
- Modifying DNA to treat aids
- Can we fight cancer through DNA modification?
15 Molecular Biology Research Topics
Do you prefer to research molecules' chemical and physical composition? We gathered some molecular biology research topics to make your choice easier.
- The structure and components of a gene
- How do molecules move in and out of a cell?
- The basic building blocks of life
- How are drugs designed for humans?
- How is a vaccine designed to target a specific disease?
- Dominant genes vs. recessive genes
- Prion disease – why is it so dangerous?
- Hormones and their function in the body
- Developing artificial hormones from other animals
- How to carry out a western blot?
- Testing and analyzing DNA using PCR
- The three-dimensional structure of a molecule
- What is DNA transcription, and how is it used?
- The structure of a prion
- What is the central dogma of molecular biology?
15 Neurobiology Research Topics
The more you dive into science, the more exciting things you find. That’s about biology. Here, you can choose biology research topics for high school and try to reveal more simply.
- Nervous system: its structure and function
- Neurons as unique cells playing a central role in the nervous system
- What is the maximum reaction speed in a human?
- Reaction speed: how to improve it?
- Research on Organic Farming
- What are the symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease?
- Why do we feel happy or sad?
- Headaches in terms of Neurobiology
- What are the reasons for neurobiological degeneration?
- Myths and reality of Amnesia
- What causes Alzheimer’s Disease, and what are the consequences of the disease?
- What is the treatment for Spinal Cord Injury?
- Studies on Narcolepsy and Insomnia: What are the causes?
- Is there a connection between Mental Health and Neurobiology?
- Emotions in terms of their reflection in the brain
15 Abortion, Human cloning, and Genetic Researches Topics
There are so many scientific researches and theories that society accepts or neglects. You can operate different notions and try to explain them, reflecting their advantages and downsides for a human being. We gathered some enticing life science research topics for high school students that might interest you.
- The controversy around abortion: legal or not?
- Can abortion be safe?
- Human cloning – reality vs. science-fiction
- The goals of cloning humans
- Are human cloning and transplantation ethical?
- Having a “perfect child” through gene therapy: Is it a myth?
- How far has gene therapy gone in genetic research?
- Advantages and disadvantages of gene therapy
- How gene therapy can help beat cancer
- How gene therapy can eliminate diabetes
- The opportunity to edit genes by CRISPR
- DNA modifications in humans to enhance our abilities – an ethical dilemma
- Will expensive gene therapy widen the gap between the rich and the poor?
- Cloning: the good and the Bad for a Generation
- The disadvantages of cloning
Don't let plagiarism ruin your grade
Check the originality of a paper with just a couple of clicks.
- Free unlimited checks
- Accurate results
- All common file formats
- Intuitive interface
15 Environmental and Ecology Topics for Your Research
The nature around us is so enormous and includes many branches to investigate. If you are keen on the environment and how ecology affects it, the list of follow-up biology paper topics might be helpful to you.
- The theory of evolution
- How does natural selection work?
- How do living organisms adapt to their environment?
- The concept of divergent and convergent evolution
- Building a sustainable environment
- Development of environment-friendly cities
- How to control population growth?
- Why have recycling resources become so essential in the modern world?
- The effect of plastic on the environment
- What are the global consequences of deforestation?
- What can we expect when losing biodiversity?
- Ecological damage: How to prevent it?
- How can GMO products affect ecology?
- Cloning endangered or extinct species: Is it a good idea?
- Is climate change the main reason for disrupting ecology?
15 Plant Pathology Biology Research Topics
Many factors impact human health and the quality of food products matters. These easy biology research topics will be useful if you want to describe the connection between those two concepts.
- How do plants protect themselves from diseases?
- How to increase the plant’s resistance to diseases?
- Diseases distribution among plants
- The banana pandemic
- How do herbicides influence plants?
- Corn blight
- Can any plant diseases affect humans?
- The issue of stem rust and its impact on wheat
- What approaches are used to struggle against invasive plants and affected weeds?
- Fertilizers: their pros and cons on plants
- Plant disease genetics: its system and structure
- What is the connection between ecological changes and plant diseases?
- Modifications on food production because of plant diseases
- How do fungal and viral diseases appear in plants?
- The sweet potato virus
15 Animals Biology Research Topics
It’s hard to find someone who doesn’t like animals. If you are curious about animals scientifically, here you are with biology research paper topics in this field.
- Classification of animals
- Land-based life: its evolution history
- Controversies about keeping animals as pets
- Is it ethical to test drugs and products on animals?
- Why do nature reserves against zoos?
- Evidence on prehistoric aquatic animals growing giant
- What species of animals are vegan?
- Animals and their social behavior
- Primate behavior
- How intelligent can other primates be?
- Are wolves and dogs intelligent?
- Domesticating animals
- Hibernation in animals
- Why animals migrate
- Should we bring back extinct animals?
More than just a spell check
Editors on PapersOwl can edit your paper and give recommendations on how to improve your writing:
- Sentence structure
- Academic style
15 Marine Biology Research Topics
The marine theme is engaging as it reveals so many interesting facts about life forms dwelling under the water. You can make your paper look captivating using biology topics in marine below.
- How acidification affects aquatic environments
- Evolution in the deep sea
- What’s the meaning of camouflage mechanism in sea life?
- Consequences of oil spills on marine life
- Oldest marine species
- How do whales communicate with each other?
- How blind fish navigate
- Are marine shows and aquariums ethical?
- The biology and life cycle of seabirds
- How jellyfish are immortal
- Plankton ecology
- Difference between freshwater and seawater marine life
- Coral reefs: their importance and evolution
- Saving and restoring coral reefs
- Life in the deep-sea ocean trenches
15 Zoology Research Topics
Zoology can be an excellent choice to write about if you are close to animal studies. Look at biology topics to research and choose the one that fits your interest most.
- Asian elephants and human speech patterns
- Oyster genomes and adaptation
- Darwin’s work in the Galápagos Islands
- Asian carp: Invasive species analysis
- Giant squids: Fact vs. fiction
- Coyote and wolf hybrid species in the United States
- Parasites and disease
- Migration patterns of killer bees
- The treatment of species in Melville’s Moby Dick
- Biodiversity and plankton
- The role of camels and the development of Africa and the Middle East
- Muskellunge and adaptive creek mechanisms to small water
- Ants and cooperative behavior among species
- Animal communication and the origin of language
- Speech in African Gray Parrots
15 Genetics Research Topics
Writing about modifications caused on the gene level is pretty challenging but very fascinating. You can select one among the biological questions for research and bring up a meaningful paper.
- Genetics and its role in cancer studies
- Can genetic code be confidential?
- Is it possible to choose the sex of a person before birth?
- Genetics as a ray of hope for children with an intellectual disability
- What factors in human genetics affect behavior?
- Is it somehow possible to improve human personality through genetics?
- Are there any living cells in the gene?
- Fighting HIV with gene mutations
- Genetic mutations
- How addictive substances affect genes
- Genetic testing: is it necessary?
- Cloning: positive or negative outcome for future generations
- Pros and cons of genetic engineering
- Is the world ready for the bioethics revolution?
- The linkage between genetics and obesity
15 Biotechnology Research Topics
The way scientists conduct research today is magnificent. Implementing high-tech innovations in biology research brings new opportunities to study the world. What are these opportunities? Explore biotechnology research topics for college students and disclose the best options for you.
- Biotechnology used in plant research
- What is the contribution of biotechnology to food?
- Pharmacogenetics: What is it, and how it works?
- How are anti-cancer drugs produced to be effective?
- Nanotechnology in DNA: How to isolate it?
- Recent nanotechnology used in HIV treatment
- What biotech apps are used to detect foodborne pathogens in food systems?
- Genotypes research: Why are they tolerant and sensitive to heavy metal?
- High-tech solutions in diagnosing cancer
- Forensic DNA and its latest developments
- Metabolic changes at the level of cells
- Nanotechnology in improving treatments for respiratory viruses
- The latest biotech discoveries
- Digital evolution: bioresearch and its transformation
- The concept of vaccine development
Take your paper to the next level
Professional editors will check your paper for grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, consistency, and academic style.
15 Evolutionary Biology Research Topics
Knowing how life forms started their existence is fundamental. And more interesting is to look through the evolution of many processes. If you find this trend of research more engaging, we outlined evolutionary biology research paper topics to diversify your choice.
- Darwin’s concept's impact on science
- The evolution concept by Lamarck
- Origins of the evolutionary theory
- Evolution acceptance: a belief vs. a theory?
- Evolutionary in microbiology
- Development of robotics
- Revealing differences: human brain & animal brain
- Preservation of biological resources
- Transformations in aging
- Adaptive genetic system
- Morphometrics’ history
- Developmental theory and population genomics
- Bacteria ecology’s evolution
- Biological changes: impact and evolution
- Infectious diseases and their profession
The world of science and biology is vast, making research tedious. Use our list of interesting biology research topics to choose the best issue to write your own paper.
However, it is still hard to prepare a high-quality biology research paper, even with a brilliant topic. Not all college students can do it. Do you feel like you need some help? Then buy biology paper from our professional writers! Our experts will choose the best biology experimental research topics for you and can bring up top-level papers within the shortest time. Additionally, if you need help with a statistics project related to biology, our team of experienced professionals is equipped to provide you with the utmost quality of research and analysis.
Was this article helpful?
Thanks for your feedback.
Prof. Linda Mia
I’ve worked for the past eight years as a content editor, creative writer, and professional essay writer. Every day, I work hard to make sure my clients are satisfied with the projects and papers I write for them. My areas of expertise are wide, ranging from Psychology and Sociology to Political Science and World History.
Readers also enjoyed
Feminist research topics for students.
Research Paper Writing Guides 11 likes
Food Research Topics
Research Paper Writing Guides 13 likes
Sports Research Paper Topics and Ideas
Research Paper Writing Guides 14 likes
WHY WAIT? PLACE AN ORDER RIGHT NOW!
Simply fill out the form, click the button, and have no worries!
- How it works
Terms & conditions.
As the Christmas season is upon us, we find ourselves reflecting on the past year and those who we have helped to shape their future. It’s been quite a year for us all! The end of the year brings no greater joy than the opportunity to express to you Christmas greetings and good wishes.
At this special time of year, Research Prospect brigs joyful discount of 10% on all its services. May your Christmas and New Year be filled with joy.
We are looking back with appreciation for your loyalty and looking forward to moving into the New Year together.
"Claim this offer"
In unfamiliar and hard times, we have stuck by you. This Christmas, Research Prospect brings you all the joy with exciting discount of 10% on all its services.
Offer valid till 5-1-2023
We love being your partner in success. We know you have been working hard lately, take a break this holiday season to spend time with your loved ones while we make sure you succeed in your academics
Discount code: RP23720
Published by Robert Bruce at August 29th, 2023 , Revised On September 5, 2023
Biology Research Topics
Are you in need of captivating and achievable research topics within the field of biology? Your quest for the best biology topics ends right here as this article furnishes you with 100 distinctive and original concepts for biology research, laying the groundwork for your research endeavor.
Table of Contents
Our proficient researchers have thoughtfully curated these biology research themes, considering the substantial body of literature accessible and the prevailing gaps in research.
Should none of these topics elicit enthusiasm, our specialists are equally capable of proposing tailor-made research ideas in biology, finely tuned to cater to your requirements.
Thus, without further delay, we present our compilation of biology research topics crafted to accommodate students and researchers.
Research Topics in Marine Biology
- Impact of climate change on coral reef ecosystems.
- Biodiversity and adaptation of deep-sea organisms.
- Effects of pollution on marine life and ecosystems.
- Role of marine protected areas in conserving biodiversity.
- Microplastics in marine environments: sources, impacts, and mitigation.
Biological Anthropology Research Topics
- Evolutionary implications of early human migration patterns.
- Genetic and environmental factors influencing human height variation.
- Cultural evolution and its impact on human societies.
- Paleoanthropological insights into human dietary adaptations.
- Genetic diversity and population history of indigenous communities.
Biological Psychology Research Topics
- Neurobiological basis of addiction and its treatment.
- Impact of stress on brain structure and function.
- Genetic and environmental influences on mental health disorders.
- Neural mechanisms underlying emotions and emotional regulation.
- Role of the gut-brain axis in psychological well-being.
Cancer Biology Research Topics
- Targeted therapies in precision cancer medicine.
- Tumor microenvironment and its influence on cancer progression.
- Epigenetic modifications in cancer development and therapy.
- Immune checkpoint inhibitors and their role in cancer immunotherapy.
- Early detection and diagnosis strategies for various types of cancer.
Also read: Cancer research topics
Cell Biology Research Topics
- Mechanisms of autophagy and its implications in health and disease.
- Intracellular transport and organelle dynamics in cell function.
- Role of cell signaling pathways in cellular response to external stimuli.
- Cell cycle regulation and its relevance to cancer development.
- Cellular mechanisms of apoptosis and programmed cell death.
Developmental Biology Research Topics
- Genetic and molecular basis of limb development in vertebrates.
- Evolution of embryonic development and its impact on morphological diversity.
- Stem cell therapy and regenerative medicine approaches.
- Mechanisms of organogenesis and tissue regeneration in animals.
- Role of non-coding RNAs in developmental processes.
Also read: Education research topics
Human Biology Research Topics
- Genetic factors influencing susceptibility to infectious diseases.
- Human microbiome and its impact on health and disease.
- Genetic basis of rare and common human diseases.
- Genetic and environmental factors contributing to aging.
- Impact of lifestyle and diet on human health and longevity.
Molecular Biology Research Topics
- CRISPR-Cas gene editing technology and its applications.
- Non-coding RNAs as regulators of gene expression.
- Role of epigenetics in gene regulation and disease.
- Mechanisms of DNA repair and genome stability.
- Molecular basis of cellular metabolism and energy production.
Research Topics in Biology for Undergraduates
- 41. Investigating the effects of pollutants on local plant species.
- Microbial diversity and ecosystem functioning in a specific habitat.
- Understanding the genetics of antibiotic resistance in bacteria.
- Impact of urbanization on bird populations and biodiversity.
- Investigating the role of pheromones in insect communication.
Synthetic Biology Research Topics
- Design and construction of synthetic biological circuits.
- Synthetic biology applications in biofuel production.
- Ethical considerations in synthetic biology research and applications.
- Synthetic biology approaches to engineering novel enzymes.
- Creating synthetic organisms with modified functions and capabilities.
Animal Biology Research Topics
- Evolution of mating behaviors in animal species.
- Genetic basis of color variation in butterfly wings.
- Impact of habitat fragmentation on amphibian populations.
- Behavior and communication in social insect colonies.
- Adaptations of marine mammals to aquatic environments.
Also read: Nursing research topics
Best Biology Research Topics
- Unraveling the mysteries of circadian rhythms in organisms.
- Investigating the ecological significance of cryptic coloration.
- Evolution of venomous animals and their prey.
- The role of endosymbiosis in the evolution of eukaryotic cells.
- Exploring the potential of extremophiles in biotechnology.
Biological Psychology Research Paper Topics
- Neurobiological mechanisms underlying memory formation.
- Impact of sleep disorders on cognitive function and mental health.
- Biological basis of personality traits and behavior.
- Neural correlates of emotions and emotional disorders.
- Role of neuroplasticity in brain recovery after injury.
Biological Science Research Topics:
- Role of gut microbiota in immune system development.
- Molecular mechanisms of gene regulation during development.
- Impact of climate change on insect population dynamics.
- Genetic basis of neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s.
- Evolutionary relationships among vertebrate species based on DNA analysis.
Biology Education Research Topics
- Effectiveness of inquiry-based learning in biology classrooms.
- Assessing the impact of virtual labs on student understanding of biology concepts.
- Gender disparities in science education and strategies for closing the gap.
- Role of outdoor education in enhancing students’ ecological awareness.
- Integrating technology in biology education: challenges and opportunities.
Biology-Related Research Topics
- The intersection of ecology and economics in conservation planning.
- Molecular basis of antibiotic resistance in pathogenic bacteria.
- Implications of genetic modification of crops for food security.
- Evolutionary perspectives on cooperation and altruism in animal behavior.
- Environmental impacts of genetically modified organisms (GMOs).
Biology Research Proposal Topics
- Investigating the role of microRNAs in cancer progression.
- Exploring the effects of pollution on aquatic biodiversity.
- Developing a gene therapy approach for a genetic disorder.
- Assessing the potential of natural compounds as anti-inflammatory agents.
- Studying the molecular basis of cellular senescence and aging.
Biology Research Topic Ideas
- Role of pheromones in insect mate selection and behavior.
- Investigating the molecular basis of neurodevelopmental disorders.
- Impact of climate change on plant-pollinator interactions.
- Genetic diversity and conservation of endangered species.
- Evolutionary patterns in mimicry and camouflage in organisms.
Biology Research Topics for Undergraduates
- Effects of different fertilizers on plant growth and soil health.
- Investigating the biodiversity of a local freshwater ecosystem.
- Evolutionary origins of a specific animal adaptation.
- Genetic diversity and disease susceptibility in human populations.
- Role of specific genes in regulating the immune response.
Cell and Molecular Biology Research Topics
- Molecular mechanisms of DNA replication and repair.
- Role of microRNAs in post-transcriptional gene regulation.
- Investigating the cell cycle and its control mechanisms.
- Molecular basis of mitochondrial diseases and therapies.
- Cellular responses to oxidative stress and their implications in ageing.
These topics cover a broad range of subjects within biology, offering plenty of options for research projects. Remember that you can further refine these topics based on your specific interests and research goals.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are some good research topics in biology?
A good research topic in biology will address a specific problem in any of the several areas of biology, such as marine biology, molecular biology, cellular biology, animal biology, or cancer biology.
A topic that enables you to investigate a problem in any area of biology will help you make a meaningful contribution.
How to choose a research topic in biology?
Choosing a research topic in biology is simple.
Follow the steps:
- Generate potential topics.
- Consider your areas of knowledge and personal passions.
- Conduct a thorough review of existing literature.
- Evaluate the practicality and viability.
- Narrow down and refine your research query.
- Remain receptive to new ideas and suggestions.
Who Are We?
For several years, Research Prospect has been offering students around the globe complimentary research topic suggestions. We aim to assist students in choosing a research topic that is both suitable and feasible for their project, leading to the attainment of their desired grades. Explore how our services, including research proposal writing , dissertation outline creation, and comprehensive thesis writing , can contribute to your college’s success.
You May Also Like
Cancer research is a vast and dynamic field that plays a pivotal role in advancing our understanding of this complex […]
Welcome to the most comprehensive resource page of climate change research topics, a crucial field of study central to understanding […]
Do you require captivating and feasible research subjects in the area of nursing and medicine? If so, then your search […]
Ready to place an order?
Useful links, learning resources.
- How It Works
Explore List of Biology Research Topics for College Students
Updated Aug 2021 Humans have been researching life around us for the entire history; and each year new natural conditions appear, species develop, and scientific discoveries arise. Biology research papers are some of the most complex writing assignments since this particular subject encompasses all living organisms. You have nearly endless subjects to choose from, but it’s vital to pick the right topic. Selecting an engaging biology research topic will help you entice the reader, encourage discussions in the scientific community, and perhaps even inspire future studies. There are surely some that have scientific potential and are interesting for you at the same time.
What Is Biology? What Topics Might Biologists Study?
Biology is the study of living organisms that covers their origin, anatomy, physiology, development, evolution, and behavior. A biologist could study a wide array of options, such as animal and plant cell structure, human DNA, neurobiology, stem cell treatments, immunology, hormones, and much more.
If you’re feeling stuck and can’t think of an exciting topic to write about, check out our comprehensive list of research paper topics ideas to get some inspiration.
How to Choose Biology Research Topics?
To choose a good biology research topic, we recommend following these general tips:
- Avoid general topics - The key to choosing a biology research paper topic is ensuring it doesn’t have to do with something general. If your topic is too broad, you may not be able to go into detail, which is crucial for showcasing your knowledge. The sheer amount of information on a broad topic might also overwhelm both you and your reader.
- Avoid too narrow topics - If your focus is too narrow, you may not find enough sources to write a paper. The reader may become disinterested as well if there’s no room for overarching questions.
- Explore different ideas - Find several topics that interest you before sifting through recent biology research papers. That’s how you’ll get a better idea of the current trends and narrow down your focus to a single topic and idea. There are tons of scholarly articles online that are available to the public.
- Conduct thorough research - Just like chemistry research paper topics , for example, biology research topics must be based on hard scientific evidence. So, once you’ve picked a single idea, conduct preliminary research to see if there are enough relevant and reliable sources you could use, along with hard data, to support all your claims.
- Make sure your research will derive new findings - The topic you choose and how you want to go about it should add value to the scientific community. So, avoid topics that can’t add anything new to the table.
What Is a Good Biology Research Paper Topic?
A good biology research paper topic is one that reveals something interesting that can offer a whole new perspective on life. It should be thought-provoking, attention-grabbing, and relevant to the community.
It doesn’t matter what it’s about - humans, animals, plants, ecology, etc. - as long as it addresses something from a new perspective, makes a new discovery, shows a link between two organisms or phenomena, or potential to lead to a scientific breakthrough.
It’s all about tackling an area or topic that holds great potential and can help us understand life and living organisms better.
Biology Research Paper Topics
Do you need good ideas for your future papers? Biological research can be fascinating as long as you master the art of choosing the right topic. Not only that you have to focus on current studies by reputable biologists, but your topic must be easily researchable so you can make strong arguments. This our list of the most interesting topics for an excellent college paper.
- Coronaviridae - evolution, causes, and symptoms
- Ebola - evolution, causes, and symptoms
- Plant pathology – most common diseases
- Immortality in the animal world
- Human memory
- Organ transplantation
- Rare genetic disorders
- Is obesity hereditary
- Human hormones
- Basic principles of cloning
- What are the biological effects of pollution?
Biology Research Topics for College Students
Undergraduates struggle the most with finding the right topics for their papers, so they hire a research paper writing service for popular and easy topics. To get started, check our list of ideas below.
- Humankind’s origins – theoretical foundations
- The genetics behind human physical features
- Gestation periods in mammals
- Immune system diseases
- Current science on oxytocin and serotonin
- Hormonal control: human reproduction
- The science behind drug addiction
- Does vaccination have benefits
- Protection of rare species
- Infectious diseases
Biology Research Topics for High School Students
High-school biology can be very interesting if you focus on topics that interest you. Choose from our examples a topic that fascinates you.
- Male pregnancy in animal species
- Immune system and stress
- Allergic reactions
- Plant systems
- Biodiversity and climate change
- Melatonin therapy
- Brain functions
- DNA and physical traits
- Cell structure and specialization
Cell Biology Research Topics
Developments in cell biology can cure diseases and eliminate viruses. Writing a paper in this field can be very rewarding for a biology student.
- Cell biology and Alzheimer’s Disease treatment paths
- Developing cellular technology
- Research methods in cell biology
- Studying fixed objects
- Light microscope functions
- Living matter organization
- Characteristics of viruses
- DNA and RNA
- Cell structure
Zoology Research Topics
Struggling with your zoology paper? You can pay for research paper . Our list of ideas can also help you.
- Birds migration patterns
- Wild animal protection projects
- Primate language
- Camouflage in sea animals
- Invasive species analysis
- Human speech patterns in Asian elephants
- Cooperative behavior in ant colonies
- Animal communication methods
- Canine domestication
- Brain size and species intelligence
Animal Research Topics
- Obesity rates among home pets
- Beauty products testing on animals
- Diet optimization for modern home pets
- Cognitive functions in primates
- Predators and prey
- Vision in animal species
- Fishing and conservation science
- Removing animals from their natural habitat
- Primates behavior in zoo versus in the wild
- Animal habitats conservation
Botany Research Topics
Are you interested in writing a paper about plants? Here are some of the latest developments in botany to get inspiration.
- Innovations in plant research and influence on agriculture
- Plant stress physiology
- Plant growth control
- Crop science – recent developments
- Fungi – Structure and types
- Current findings in the study of plant fossils
- Genetic inheritance in plant species
- Common occurrences in plant pathology
- A study of ferns
Developmental Biology Research Topics
- From stem cells to differentiated tissue
- Tumor formation
- Genome duplication
- Developmental plasticity
- Birth defects
- Gene-environment interactions
- Anticancer drug combinations
- Drosophila Oogenesis
- Diseases of developmental origin
- Top killer viruses
Marine Biology Research Topics
Are you a marine biology student? Find your next topic below.
- Marine ecosystems
- Metal accumulation in marine invertebrates
- Marine birds
- Biotechnology in the study of marine life
- Marine microbiology
- Ocean management
- Coastal Aquaculture
- Toxicology and pollution in oceans
- Fishery science
Molecular Biology Research Topics
Molecular biology can save the world. If this is your area of interest in college, you can write about one of the following research topics.
- Prion disease
- Memory storage
- Dengue fever – pathogenesis
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Unique and repetitive genes
- Genome mapping
- Development stages in molecular biology
- DNA damaging/repairing cycle
- DNA diagnosis of hereditary and infectious diseases
- Viral genome organization
Ecology Topics for Research Paper
A paper on ecology can contribute to a better relationship between human communities and their environment. Look below for an engaging topic.
- Animal response to environmental changes
- Effects of environmental change on species diversity
- Resistance mechanisms in animal species under environmental threat
- Global warming effects
- Tropical forests extinction
- Wildlife protection measures
- Rare species protection
- Types of ecological disasters
- Rain forests extinction
Environmental Topics for Research Papers
Environmental concerns are high among biology students. If you want to craft a fascinating paper, write about something that matters to you.
- Analyzing environmental sustainability
- Environmental sustainability through a change in global diets
- Green growth concept
- Effects of environmental changes on seabird population
- Conservation practices and methods
- Geospatial science – applications
- Invasive species – the black rat
- Coral reefs destruction versus conservation
Human Biology Research Topics
Stem cells or cloning? There’s hardly anything as engaging in science today as the research on human biology.
- Experiments with stem cells
- Genetic disorders
- Abortion - biological perceptions
- How music influences the human brain
- Perspectives on human cloning
- Influence of gut bacteria on the human brain
- Molecular evidence of human’s origin
- Stem cells’ role in medical treatment
- Genetics and aging
- Experiments on human DNA
Genetics Research Topics
- Human cloning science
- Correlation between genetics and obesity
- How addictive substances affect genes
- Safety concerns regarding genetically modified foods
- Genetic mutations
- Organ transplantation – ethical concerns
- Is depression hereditary
- How alcohol affects the human brain and liver
- Lung cancer stages
- Sun exposure – effects on human skin
Recent Research Topics in Biotechnology
Can someone write a research paper for me on biotechnology? Yes, but first choose a topic.
- Plant biotechnology
- Biotechnology applications on food
- Principles of pharmacogenetics
- Anti-cancer drugs
- Nanotechnology methods for DNA isolation
- HIV treatment based on nanotechnology applications
- Detection of foodborne pathogens in food systems
- Heavy metal tolerant and sensitive genotypes
- Using nanotechnology in the diagnosis of cancer
- Latest developments in forensic DNA
Evolutionary Biology Research Paper Topics
- Original functions of the human appendix
- Evolutionary connections between moths and butterflies
- Anatomy of gorillas versus chimpanzees
- Natural selection among aquatic organisms
- Evolutionary response of parasites to human vaccination
- Animal camouflage – evolutionary causes and evidence
- Malaria parasites resisting to drugs
- Social behavior among wolfs
- Evolution of HIV
- Evolutionary changes in mating behavior
Neurobiology Research Topics
The human brain is intriguing, and there are always things to learn about it. Have you considered these new topics?
- Brain injuries
- Understanding human memory
- Self-repair capabilities in the human brain
- Schizophrenia – genetic causes
- Neurobiological causes of migraine
- How gut bacteria contribute to anxiety
- Visual cortex - an analysis
- Links between depression and oxidative stress
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome – biological markers
- Correlation between cannabis use and dopamine release
DNA Research Topics
The DNA makes us who we are. For scientists, this gives way to experimentation and great study potential.
- DNA-modified organisms
- DNA experimentation in humans
- How DNA structure is involved in genetic disorders
- Genetic disorders treatment
- DNA changes versus ageing
- Analyzing DNA and cloning
- DNA as a heredity agent
- DNA research regarding cancer susceptibility
- DNA genome sequencing
- Ethical concerns regarding DNA-modified organisms
Easy Biology Research Topics
Easy biology research topics are quite popular among both high school and college students. They deal with common yet fascinating ideas that are highly relevant and add value to the community. These are some of the most interesting to consider.
- Understanding bird behavior
- Animal behavior due to ecological factors
- Environmental psychology
- Endangered species and animal extinction
- Global warming
- Wildfires and reforestation
- Plant disease resistance
- Evolution of animal behavior
- Obesity in house pets
History of Biology Topics
If you want to tackle the history of biology, you have a whole world of topics to pick from. These might spark your creativity and help you develop a topic to write about from a fresh angle.
- Darwin’s theory
- The history of genetics
- Evolution factors
- The history of vaccination
- Natural selection theory
- Evolutionary dead ends
- Famous biologists and their innovations
- Antonie van Leeuwenhoek and microbiology
- Paleontology and evolution
- Whaling effects on deep-sea biodiversity
We hope these biology research paper topics have sparked your creativity and nudged you in the right direction for writing a high-quality paper. If you need any assistance with research, writing an outline, editing, or writing a summary of a research paper , StudyClerk can help.
Our vast team of qualified and experienced writers can provide you with well-researched, relevant, reliable, unique, and plagiarism-free content.
Just pick the best writer for your needs based on their qualifications, experience, reviews, and ratings, and share details about your topic and main idea. Contact us today to place your order and get an original paper with a free outline, free formatting, and unlimited free revisions.
Order your paper now!
- 100+ Best Science Topics for Research Papers
- Cultural Research Paper Topics
- Entrepreneurship Research Paper Topics
- 100+ Best Religion Research Paper Topics in 2023
- 110 Unique Tranding Fashion Research Paper Topics and Ideas
- How It Works
212 Unique Biology Research Topics For Students And Researchers
Every student studying something related to biology — botany, marine, animal, medicine, molecular or physical biology, is in an interesting field. It’s a subject that explores how animate and inanimate objects relate to themselves. The field unveils the past, the present, and what lies in the future of the relationship between the living and nonliving things. This is precisely why you need custom and quality biology topics for your college and university essay or project. It’ll make it easy to brainstorm, research, and get to writing straight away. Before the deep dive, what is biology?
What Is Biology?
Everyone knows it’s the scientific study of life, but beyond that, biology facilitates the comprehension of living and nonliving things. It’s a branch that explores their anatomy, behavior, distribution, morphology, and physiology.
For example, it understands how genes are classified and constituted into generations. It encompasses various branches, including botany, medicine, genetics, ecology, marine biology, zoology, and molecular biology. Here are what some of these mean:
Botany: This study of plants examines their structure, physiology, ecology, economic importance, and distribution, among others. It also deals with their biochemical processes, properties, and social interactions between plants. It extends to how plants are vital for human life, survival, and growth and how they play a significant role in stabilizing environmental health. Zoology: Zoology studies animal behavior, brain, structure, physiology, class, and distribution. It’s the general study of the lives of both living and extinct animals. It explains animal classification, the animal kingdom, evolution, habitat, embryology, and life span. Physiology: Physiology deals with the daily functions of the human body: How it works and the factors that make it work. It examines molecular behavior, the chemistry and physics behind locomotion, and how the cells in the living organisms’ body function. It helps understand how humans and animals get sick and what can be done to alleviate pain. Microbiology: Dealing with microorganisms, it examined how viruses, algae, fungi, bacteria, protozoa, and slime molds become parts of human life. They’re regarded as microbes, which play substantial roles in the human biochemical processes, including climate change, biodegradation, biodeterioration, food spoilage, biotech, and epidemiology. Marine Biology: This is the scientific study of organs in the sea. It understands their family classification, how they survive, and what makes wild marine animals different from domesticated and consumable ones. It also explores their interaction with the environment through several processes. The marine biologist studies marines in their natural environment, collects data on their characteristics, human impact on their living, and how they relate with themselves.
Now that you know all these, here are some custom biology topics to research for your university or college essay and paper.
Controversial Biology Topics
There are many controversial subjects in every field, and biology isn’t exempt from controversy. If you’d like to create an original essay through diverse opinions, here are biology topics for you:
- What are your thoughts on the post-Roe V Wade world?
- How can the post-Roe V Wade policy affect developing countries looking up to America for their laws?
- Abortion and feminism: discuss
- Does saving life justify cloning?
- Explain the principle of abortion in medical practice
- The effects of cloning in medicine
- How does genetics contribute to obesity?
- Explain why a parent could have Hepatitis B virus and only one of five offspring have the virus
- Is homosexuality really in the gene?
- How does depression correlate with genetics?
- Additives and how they affect the genes
- Examine how genetic mutations work
- Discuss the grounds that you could prove for legalizing human cloning
- Which is more immoral: Human or animal cloning?
- How is nanotechnology different from biotechnology?
- Discuss the manifestation of nanotechnology in science
- Explain three instances where public opinion has held back scientific inventions
- How does transgenic crop work?
- Would you say genetically modified food is safe for consumption?
- Explain why sexual abuse leads to trauma.
Biology Research Paper Topics
You’d need to write an extensive paper on biology one day. This could be when you’re in your final year in college or the university or submitting to a competition. You’d need Biology topics to research for brainstorming, and here are 30 of them:
- Stem cells and tissue formation processes
- Why are there different congenital disabilities?
- Mixtures in anticancer drugs?
- What are the complexities of existing HIV drugs?
- What is the contribution of chemotherapy to cancer?
- Examine the chemotherapy process and why it doesn’t work for some patients.
- Explain the origin of developmental diseases
- How do germs affect the cells?
- What are the consequences of the sun on the white person’s and black person’s skin?
- Why are some diseases treatable through drugs while some are not?
- Scientific lessons learned from COVID-19 and ideas to tackle the next virus
- If animals are carriers of the virus, what should be done to them?
- Examine five animals in extinction and what led to it
- Discuss the subject of endangered species and why people should care
- Is a plant-based diet sustainable for human health?
- Account for the consequence of living on Mars on human health
- Discuss the inconveniences involved in space travel
- How does space flight contribute to environmental disasters
- Discuss the emergence of leukemia
- Explain how the immune systems in humans work
- Evaluate the factors that weaken the immunological system
- What would you consider the deadliest virus?
- Autoimmune: what is it, origin and consequences
- Immune disorder: origin and how it affects the body
- Does stress affect the ability to have sex?
- Contribution of vaccine to eradicating disease: Discuss
- What are the complexities in taking the Hepatitis B vaccine while being positive?
- Allergies: why do humans have them?
- DNA modification: how does it work?
- Explain the misconceptions about the COVID-19 vaccines.
Interesting Biology Topics
Biology doesn’t have to be boring. Different aspects of biology could be fun to explore, especially if you’ve had a flair for the study since your elementary school classes. You can either write an essay or paper with the following interesting biology research topics:
- Human emotions and conflicts with their intellectual intelligence
- Emotions: Its influence on art and music and how the perception of art influences the world
- The consequences of marijuana and alcohol on teenagers
- Compare and contrast how alcohol affects teenagers and adults
- Discuss the contributions of neuroscience to the subject of emotional pain
- Explain how the brain process speech
- Discuss the factors that cause autism
- Explain what is meant when people say humans are animals
- Why do scientists say humans are pessimists?
- Factors contributing to the dopamine levels human experience
- How does isolation affect the human brain?
- What factors contribute to instinctive responses?
- Noise pollution: how it affects living organisms
- Fire ecology: The contributions of plants to fire outbreak
- Explain the science behind how hot temperature, soil, and dry grass start a fire
- Microbes: what do you understand by bioremediation?
- Explain urban ecology and the challenges it pokes to solve
- Discuss how excessive internet usage affects the human memory
- Evaluate how conservation biology contributes to the extinction prevention efforts
- Discuss the role of satellites and drones in understanding the natural world
- Why do we need space travel and studies?
- Explain the limitations of limnology studies
- What are infectious-disease-causing agents all about?
- Discuss what epigenetics studies encompass
- Why is cancer research essential to the world?
- Discuss climate change: Governments are not interested, and there is no alternative
- How is behavioral science studies a core part of the understanding of the world?
- Discuss the issues with genetic engineering and why it’s a challenge
- Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses in the arguments for a plant-based diet
- Create a survey amongst students of biology asking why they chose to study the course.
Biology Research Topics For College Students
If you find any of the above beyond your intellectual and Research capacity, here are some topics you can handle. You can use these for your essays, projects, quizzes, or competitions. These custom yet popular biology research topics will examine famous personalities and other discourse in biology:
- Effects of the human hormone on the mind
- Why do men get erect even when they’re absentminded?
- How does women’s arousal work?
- How can melatonin be valuable for therapy?
- Risky behavior: Hormones responsible for the risk
- Stem and cloning: what is the latest research on the subject?
- Hormones: changes in pregnancy
- Why do pregnant women have an appetite for random and remote things?
- The role of physical activities in hormone development
- Examine the benefits and threats of transgenic crops
- The fight against COVID-19: assess current successes
- The fight against smallpox: assess current successes
- The fight against HIV: history, trends, and present research
- Discuss the future of prosthetic appliances
- Examine the research and the future of mind-controlled limbs
- What does cosmetic surgery mean, and why is it needed?
- Analyze the meaning and process of vascular surgery
- Discuss the debate around changes in genital organs for males and females in transgender bodies
- How do donors and organ transplants work?
- Account for the work of Dr. Malcom E Miller
- Discuss the contribution of Charles Darwin to human evolution
- Explain the trends in biomedicine
- Discuss the functions of x-rays in botany
- Assess the most efficient systems for wildlife preservation
- Examine how poverty contributes to climate hazards
- Discuss the process involved in plant metabolism
- The transformation of energy into a living thing: discuss
- Prevention for sexually transmitted disease: What are the misconceptions?
- Analyze how the human body reacts to poison
- Russian Poisoning: What are the lessons scientists must learn?
- COVID-19: Discuss the efforts by two or three governments to prevent the spread
- Discuss the contributions of Pfizer during the pandemic.
Marine Biology Research Topics
This subject explains orgasms in the sea, how they survive, and their interaction with their environment. If you have a flair for this field, the following Biology research topics may interest you:
- Discuss what quantitative ecology through modeling means
- Smallest diatoms and marine logistics: discuss
- How is the shark studied?
- Acidification of seas: Causes and consequences
- Discuss the concept of the immortality of Jellyfishes
- Discuss the differences between seawater and freshwater in marine study
- Account for some of the oldest marine species
- Discuss the evolution of the deep sea
- Explain whales’ communication techniques
- What does plankton ecology encompass?
- The importance of coral reefs to seawater
- Challenges that encompass geological oceanography
- How tourism affects natural animal habitat
- Discuss some instances of the domestication of wild marine animals
- Coastal zone: pros and cons of living in such areas
- How do sharks perceive enemies?
- Analyze why some animals can live in water but can’t live on land
- Explain how plants survive in the sea
- Compare and contrast the different two species of animals in the water
- How can marine energy be generated, stored, and used?
Molecular Biology Research Topics
Focusing on the construct of cells and analysis of their composition, it understands the alteration and maintenance of cellular processes. If you’d like to focus on molecular biology, here are 15 good biology research topics for you:
- Ethical considerations in molecular genetics
- Discuss the structure and component of the gene
- Examine the restrictions in DNA
- What are the peculiarities in modern nucleic acid analysis
- What goes into the Pharmaceutical production of drugs
- Evaluate the building blocks of life
- Discuss the systems of RNA translation to protein
- PCR: How DNA is tested and analyzed
- Why is prion disease so dangerous?
- Compare and contrast recessive genes vs. dominant genes
- Can there be damage to the human DNA, and can it be repaired?
- Constraints in the research of microarray data analysis
- Protein purification: How it evolves
- Objectives of nucleic acid
- Explain the structure of a prion.
Biology Research Topics For High School
Your teachers and professors will be awed if you create impeccable essays for your next report. You need to secure the best grades as you move closer to graduation, and brainstorming any of these popular biology research topics will help:
- Identify the most endangered species
- The challenges to animal extinction
- What are the things everyone should know about sea life?
- Discuss the history of genetics
- Explain the biological theory of Charles Darwin
- How did the lockdown affect social interaction?
- Why do some people refuse the vaccine?
- Origin of genetics
- What is animal hunting, and why is it fashionable
- Explain the evolution of a virus
- Role of lockdown in preventing deaths and illnesses
- Invasive species: What does it mean?
- Endangered animals: How do they survive in the face of their hazards?
- Lockdown and their role in reducing coronavirus transmission
- Vaccine distribution: Ideas for global distribution
- Why can viruses become less virulent?
- Discuss the evolution of the world
- Explain the evolution of the planet
- Explain what Elon Musk means when he says life on Mars is possible
- What does herd immunity mean?
- Flu: why is there a low incidence in 2020?
- Relationship between archaeology and biology
- Antiviral drug: What it means
- Factors leading to the evolution of humans
- Give instances of what natural selection means
- What is considered the dead branches of evolution
- Whale hunting: What it means and the present trends
- Who is Stephen Jay, and what is his role in paleontology?
- Origin of diseases: why must humans fall sick?
- Why are humans called higher animals?
Human Biology Research Topics
Human biology understands humans and their relationship between themselves and their environment. It also studies how the body works and the impediments to health. Here are some easy biology research topics to explore on the subject:
- How do gut bacteria affect the brain?
- What are the ethical concerns around organ transplants?
- The consequence of alcohol on the liver
- The consequences of extreme salt on the human body
- Why do humans need to deworm regularly?
- The relationship between obesity and genetics
- Genetically modified foods: Why are they needed?
- How sun exposure affects human skin
- Latest trends: Depression is hereditary
- Influence of music on the human brain
- What are the stages of lung cancer
- Forensic DNA: latest trends
- How visual consumptions affect how humans think
- What is the process that leads to pregnancy?
- Explain the role of nanotechnology in HIV research
- Discuss any experiment with stem cells you know about
- Explain how humans consume food
- Discuss the process of metabolism as well as its criticality to human health
- Explore the consistent challenges technology poses to human health
- Explain the process of body decay to a skeleton.
Cell Biology Research Topics
There are many evolutionary biology research paper topics formed not by the nomenclature but for what they stand for. Cell biology is one of the most complex branches of the field. It examines minor units and the living organisms that make them up. The focus is on the relationship between the cytoplasm, membrane, and parts of the cell. Here are some topics to explore for your scientific dissertation writing:
- How does chromatin engage in the alterations of gene expression?
- What are the usual cell infections, and why does the body have immunity defections?
- Identify and account for the heritage of Robert Brown in his core career focus
- Explain the structure of the animal cell and why It’s what it is
- Identify the cells in the human body as well as their functions
- Explain a scenario and justify the context of animals photosynthesizing like plants
- Why do bacteria invade the body, and how do they do it?
- Why are mitochondria considered the powerhouse of the cell
- Use the molecular analysis tool to explain multicellular organisms
- Examine how the White blood cells fight disease
- What do you understand about the role of cell biology in the treatment of Alzheimer’s Disease
- What are the latest research methods in cell biology?
- Identify the characteristics of viruses and why they threaten human existence.
- Discuss the differences between DNA and RNA
- What part of the body is responsible for human functionality for as long as the individual wants?
Get Biology Research Help As Soon As Possible
Creating the best essays or papers is easier now that you have custom biology research topics. However, you may still need support writing your paper beyond these topic ideas. After all, the first stage of writing like experts is brainstorming ideas and researching which is most feasible to write about. If you truly want to wow your professor or teacher but can’t afford to dedicate all the required time, here’s an alternative. You can hire writing helpers online for quality papers at a cheap price, and we can help with that. We are a team of writers with many years of writing experience for students in Europe and North America. You can even buy thesis online with us, as well as editing services . Each paper is assigned to writers with expertise in a specific field. This enables them to provide in-depth analysis as your assignment requires. We’re based online, which means you won’t have issues with accessibility and availability. Just tell us what you need, and we will get it done.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Comment * Error message
Name * Error message
Email * Error message
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
As Putin continues killing civilians, bombing kindergartens, and threatening WWIII, Ukraine fights for the world's peaceful future.
Ukraine Live Updates
- Search by keyword
- Search by citation
Page 1 of 12
Prenatal ethanol exposure and changes in fetal neuroendocrine metabolic programming
Prenatal ethanol exposure (PEE) (mainly through maternal alcohol consumption) has become widespread. However, studies suggest that it can cause intrauterine growth retardation (IUGR) and multi-organ developmen...
- View Full Text
Autologous non-invasively derived stem cells mitochondria transfer shows therapeutic advantages in human embryo quality rescue
The decline in the quantity and quality of mitochondria are closely associated with infertility, particularly in advanced maternal age. Transferring autologous mitochondria into the oocytes of infertile female...
Development of synthetic modulator enabling long-term propagation and neurogenesis of human embryonic stem cell-derived neural progenitor cells
Neural progenitor cells (NPCs) are essential for in vitro drug screening and cell-based therapies for brain-related disorders, necessitating well-defined and reproducible culture systems. Current strategies em...
Heat-responsive microRNAs participate in regulating the pollen fertility stability of CMS-D2 restorer line under high-temperature stress
Anther development and pollen fertility of cytoplasmic male sterility (CMS) conditioned by Gossypium harknessii cytoplasm (CMS-D2) restorer lines are susceptible to continuous high-temperature (HT) stress in sum...
Chemogenetic inhibition of NTS astrocytes normalizes cardiac autonomic control and ameliorate hypertension during chronic intermittent hypoxia
Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) is characterized by recurrent episodes of chronic intermittent hypoxia (CIH), which has been linked to the development of sympathoexcitation and hypertension. Furthermore, it has ...
SARS-CoV-2 spike protein S1 activates Cx43 hemichannels and disturbs intracellular Ca 2+ dynamics
Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) causes the ongoing coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). An aspect of high uncertainty is whether the SARS-CoV-2 per se or the systemic inflammation ...
The effect of zofenopril on the cardiovascular system of spontaneously hypertensive rats treated with the ACE2 inhibitor MLN-4760
Angiotensin converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) plays a crucial role in the infection cycle of SARS-CoV-2 responsible for formation of COVID-19 pandemic. In the cardiovascular system, the virus enters the cells by bind...
Two murine models of sepsis: immunopathological differences between the sexes—possible role of TGFβ1 in female resistance to endotoxemia
Endotoxic shock (ExSh) and cecal ligature and puncture (CLP) are models that induce sepsis. In this work, we investigated early immunologic and histopathologic changes induced by ExSh or CLP models in female a...
An intracellular, non-oxidative factor activates in vitro chromatin fragmentation in pig sperm
In vitro incubation of epididymal and vas deferens sperm with Mn 2+ induces Sperm Chromatin Fragmentation (SCF), a mechanism that causes double-stranded breaks in toroid-linker regions (TLRs). Whether this mechani...
Focal ischemic stroke modifies microglia-derived exosomal miRNAs: potential role of mir-212-5p in neuronal protection and functional recovery
Ischemic stroke is a severe type of stroke with high disability and mortality rates. In recent years, microglial exosome-derived miRNAs have been shown to be promising candidates for the treatment of ischemic ...
S -Nitrosylation in endothelial cells contributes to tumor cell adhesion and extravasation during breast cancer metastasis
Nitric oxide is produced by different nitric oxide synthases isoforms. NO activates two signaling pathways, one dependent on soluble guanylate cyclase and protein kinase G, and other where NO post-translationa...
Identifying pyroptosis- and inflammation-related genes in intracranial aneurysms based on bioinformatics analysis
Intracranial aneurysm (IA) is the most common cerebrovascular disease, and subarachnoid hemorrhage caused by its rupture can seriously impede nerve function. Pyroptosis is an inflammatory mode of cell death wh...
Drosophila Atlastin regulates synaptic vesicle mobilization independent of bone morphogenetic protein signaling
The endoplasmic reticulum (ER) contacts endosomes in all parts of a motor neuron, including the axon and presynaptic terminal, to move structural proteins, proteins that send signals, and lipids over long dist...
Mucin1 induced trophoblast dysfunction in gestational diabetes mellitus via Wnt/β-catenin pathway
To elucidate the role of Mucin1 (MUC1) in the trophoblast function (glucose uptake and apoptosis) of gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM) women through the Wnt/β-catenin pathway.
Human umbilical cord mesenchymal stem cells (hUC-MSCs) alleviate paclitaxel-induced spermatogenesis defects and maintain male fertility
Chemotherapeutic drugs can cause reproductive damage by affecting sperm quality and other aspects of male fertility. Stem cells are thought to alleviate the damage caused by chemotherapy drugs and to play role...
Exploring the Neandertal legacy of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma risk in Eurasians
The genomes of present-day non-Africans are composed of 1–3% of Neandertal-derived DNA as a consequence of admixture events between Neandertals and anatomically modern humans about 50–60 thousand years ago. Ne...
Identification and analysis of key hypoxia- and immune-related genes in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM), an autosomal dominant genetic disease, is the main cause of sudden death in adolescents and athletes globally. Hypoxia and immune factors have been revealed to be related to ...
How do prolonged anchorage-free lifetimes strengthen non-small-cell lung cancer cells to evade anoikis? – A link with altered cellular metabolomics
Malignant cells adopt anoikis resistance to survive anchorage-free stresses and initiate cancer metastasis. It is still unknown how varying periods of anchorage loss contribute to anoikis resistance, cell migr...
Single nucleotide polymorphisms associated with wine fermentation and adaptation to nitrogen limitation in wild and domesticated yeast strains
For more than 20 years, Saccharomyces cerevisiae has served as a model organism for genetic studies and molecular biology, as well as a platform for biotechnology (e.g., wine production). One of the important eco...
Investigating the dark-side of the genome: a barrier to human disease variant discovery?
The human genome contains regions that cannot be adequately assembled or aligned using next generation short-read sequencing technologies. More than 2500 genes are known contain such ‘dark’ regions. In this st...
Hyperbaric oxygen treatment increases intestinal stem cell proliferation through the mTORC1/S6K1 signaling pathway in Mus musculus
Hyperbaric oxygen treatment (HBOT) has been reported to modulate the proliferation of neural and mesenchymal stem cell populations, but the molecular mechanisms underlying these effects are not completely unde...
Polar microalgae extracts protect human HaCaT keratinocytes from damaging stimuli and ameliorate psoriatic skin inflammation in mice
Polar microalgae contain unique compounds that enable them to adapt to extreme environments. As the skin barrier is our first line of defense against external threats, polar microalgae extracts may possess res...
Correction: Utility of melatonin in mitigating ionizing radiation‑induced testis injury through synergistic interdependence of its biological properties
The original article was published in Biological Research 2022 55 :33
Beyond energy provider: multifunction of lipid droplets in embryonic development
Since the discovery, lipid droplets (LDs) have been recognized to be sites of cellular energy reserves, providing energy when necessary to sustain cellular life activities. Many studies have reported large num...
Retraction Note: Tridax procumbens flavonoids: a prospective bioactive compound increased osteoblast differentiation and trabecular bone formation
Electroacupuncture protective effects after cerebral ischemia are mediated through mir-219a inhibition.
Electroacupuncture (EA) is a complementary and alternative therapy which has shown protective effects on vascular cognitive impairment (VCI). However, the underlying mechanisms are not entirely understood.
Topsoil and subsoil bacterial community assemblies across different drainage conditions in a mountain environment
High mountainous environments are of particular interest as they play an essential role for life and human societies, while being environments which are highly vulnerable to climate change and land use intensi...
Functional defects in hiPSCs-derived cardiomyocytes from patients with a PLEKHM2-mutation associated with dilated cardiomyopathy and left ventricular non-compaction
Dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM) is a primary myocardial disease, leading to heart failure and excessive risk of sudden cardiac death with rather poorly understood pathophysiology. In 2015, Parvari's group ident...
Human VDAC pseudogenes: an emerging role for VDAC1P8 pseudogene in acute myeloid leukemia
Voltage-dependent anion selective channels (VDACs) are the most abundant mitochondrial outer membrane proteins, encoded in mammals by three genes, VDAC1 , 2 and 3 , mostly ubiquitously expressed. As 'mitochondrial ...
ABCA1 transporter promotes the motility of human melanoma cells by modulating their plasma membrane organization
Melanoma is one of the most aggressive and deadliest skin tumor. Cholesterol content in melanoma cells is elevated, and a portion of it accumulates into lipid rafts. Therefore, the plasma membrane cholesterol ...
Acupuncture regulates the apoptosis of ovarian granulosa cells in polycystic ovarian syndrome-related abnormal follicular development through LncMEG3-mediated inhibition of miR-21-3p
The main features of polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) are abnormal follicular development and ovulatory dysfunction, which are caused by excessive apoptosis of ovarian granulosa cells. Acupuncture has been sho...
Cholic and deoxycholic acids induce mitochondrial dysfunction, impaired biogenesis and autophagic flux in skeletal muscle cells
Skeletal muscle is sensitive to bile acids (BA) because it expresses the TGR5 receptor for BA. Cholic (CA) and deoxycholic (DCA) acids induce a sarcopenia-like phenotype through TGR5-dependent mechanisms. Besi...
iPSCs ameliorate hypoxia-induced autophagy and atrophy in C2C12 myotubes via the AMPK/ULK1 pathway
Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) is an X-linked lethal genetic disorder for which there is no effective treatment. Previous studies have shown that stem cell transplantation into mdx mice can promote muscle r...
Ursodeoxycholic acid induces sarcopenia associated with decreased protein synthesis and autophagic flux
Skeletal muscle generates force and movements and maintains posture. Under pathological conditions, muscle fibers suffer an imbalance in protein synthesis/degradation. This event causes muscle mass loss and de...
Neuroprotective effects of the PPARβ/δ antagonist GSK0660 in in vitro and in vivo Parkinson’s disease models
The underlying mechanism of Parkinson’s disease are still unidentified, but excitotoxicity, oxidative stress, and neuroinflammation are considered key actors. Proliferator activated receptors (PPARs) are trans...
Electroacupuncture inhibits dendritic spine remodeling through the srGAP3-Rac1 signaling pathway in rats with SNL
Previous studies have shown that peripheral nerve injury can lead to abnormal dendritic spine remodeling in spinal dorsal horn neurons. Inhibition of abnormal dendritic spine remodeling can relieve neuropathic...
Activation of a hypothalamus-habenula circuit by mechanical stimulation inhibits cocaine addiction-like behaviors
Mechanoreceptor activation modulates GABA neuron firing and dopamine (DA) release in the mesolimbic DA system, an area implicated in reward and substance abuse. The lateral habenula (LHb), the lateral hypothal...
Correction: Disseminated intravascular coagulation phenotype is regulated by the TRPM7 channel during sepsis
The original article was published in Biological Research 2023 56 :8
Maintenance of chronicity signatures in fibroblasts isolated from recessive dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa chronic wound dressings under culture conditions
Recessive Dystrophic Epidermolysis Bullosa (RDEB) is a rare inherited skin disease caused by variants in the COL7A1 gene, coding for type VII collagen (C7), an important component of anchoring fibrils in the base...
Conformational characterization of the mammalian-expressed SARS-CoV-2 recombinant receptor binding domain, a COVID-19 vaccine
The COVID-19 pandemic has caused a large number of diseases worldwide. There are few vaccines to constrain this disease and the value of them is high. In this sense, the antigens of the vaccine platform Sobera...
NEDD4-1 deficiency impairs satellite cell function during skeletal muscle regeneration
Satellite cells are tissue-specific stem cells primarily responsible for the regenerative capacity of skeletal muscle. Satellite cell function and maintenance are regulated by extrinsic and intrinsic mechanism...
Propofol inhibits myocardial injury induced by microvesicles derived from hypoxia-reoxygenated endothelial cells via lncCCT4-2/CCT4 signaling
Ischemia-reperfusion (IR) induces increased release of extracellular vesicles in the heart and exacerbates myocardial IR injury. We have previously shown that propofol attenuates hypoxia/reoxygenation (HR)-ind...
Zebrafish ambra1b knockout reveals a novel role for Ambra1 in primordial germ cells survival, sex differentiation and reproduction
AMBRA1 is an intrinsically disordered protein, working as a scaffold molecule to coordinate, by protein-protein interaction, many cellular processes, including autophagy, mitophagy, apoptosis and cell cycle pr...
In situ isolation of nuclei or nuclear proteins from adherent cells: a simple, effective method with less cytoplasmic contamination
Isolation of nuclei or nuclear proteins is a prerequisite for western blot, nuclear proteome profiling, and other evaluations of nuclear proteins. Here, we developed a simple method for in situ isolation of nu...
Spontaneous spheroids from alveolar bone-derived mesenchymal stromal cells maintain pluripotency of stem cells by regulating hypoxia-inducible factors
Spontaneous spheroid culture is a novel three-dimensional (3D) culture strategy for the rapid and efficient selection of progenitor cells. The objectives of this study are to investigate the pluripotency and d...
Enrichment of miR-17-5p enhances the protective effects of EPC-EXs on vascular and skeletal muscle injury in a diabetic hind limb ischemia model
Diabetes mellitus (DM) is highly susceptible to diabetic hind limb ischemia (DHI). MicroRNA (MiR)-17-5p is downregulated in DM and plays a key role in vascular protection. Endothelial progenitor cell (EPC)-rel...
Spleen regeneration after subcutaneous heterotopic autotransplantation in a mouse model
Splenectomy may lead to severe postoperative complications, including sepsis and cancers. A possible solution to this problem is heterotopic autotransplantation of the spleen. Splenic autografts rapidly restor...
The CB1 cannabinoid receptor regulates autophagy in the tibialis anterior skeletal muscle in mice
The endocannabinoid system (ECS) regulates energy metabolism, has been implicated in the pathogenesis of metabolic diseases and exerts its actions mainly through the type 1 cannabinoid receptor (CB1). Likewise...
Retraction Note: Salinity-induced changes in the morphology and major mineral nutrient composition of purslane ( Portulaca oleracea L.) accessions
The pattern of alternative splicing and dna methylation alteration and their interaction in linseed ( linum usitatissimum l.) response to repeated drought stresses.
Drought stress has significantly hampered agricultural productivity worldwide and can also result in modifications to DNA methylation levels. However, the dynamics of DNA methylation and its association with t...
- Editorial Board
- Manuscript editing services
- Instructions for Editors
- Sign up for article alerts and news from this journal
- Follow us on Twitter
- Follow us on Facebook
- ISSN: 0717-6287 (electronic)
- Submission enquiries: Access here and click Contact Us
- General enquiries: [email protected]
Biology Research Paper Topics
- Antibody and antigen
- Biological warfare
- Birth defects
- Circulatory system
- Clone and cloning
- Digestive system
- Embryo and embryonic development
- Endocrine system
- Excretory system
- Genetic disorders
- Genetic engineering
- Human Genome Project
- Human evolution
- Immune system
- Indicator species
- Integumentary system
- Kangaroos and wallabies
- Lymphatic system
- Mendelian laws of inheritance
- Migration (animals)
- Molecular biology
- Muscular system
- Nervous system
- Nucleic acid
- Rain forest
- Reproductive system
- Respiratory system
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Skeletal system
History of Biological Science
The history of biology begins with the careful observation of the external aspects of organisms and continues with investigations into the functions and interrelationships of living things.
Academic Writing, Editing, Proofreading, And Problem Solving Services
Get 10% off with fall23 discount code.
The fourth-century B.C. Greek philosopher Aristotle is credited with establishing the importance of observation and analysis as the basic approach for scientific investigation. He also organized the basic principles of dividing and subdividing plants and animals, known as classification. By A.D. 200, studies in biology were centered in the Arab world. Most of the investigations during this period were made in medicine and agriculture. Arab scientists continued this activity throughout the Middle Ages (400–1450).
Scientific investigations gained momentum during the Renaissance (a period of rebirth of art, literature, and science in Europe from the fourteenth to the seventeenth century). Italian Renaissance artists Leonardo da Vinci (1452–1519) and Michelangelo (1475–1564) produced detailed anatomical drawings of human beings. At the same time, others were dissecting cadavers (dead bodies) and describing internal anatomy. By the seventeenth century, formal experimentation was introduced into the study of biology. William Harvey (1578–1657), an English physician, demonstrated the circulation of the blood and so initiated the biological discipline of physiology.
So much work was being done in biological science during this period that academies of science and scientific journals were formed, the first being the Academy of the Lynx in Rome in 1603. The first scientific journals were established in 1665 in France and Great Britain.
The invention of the microscope in the seventeenth century opened the way for biologists to investigate living organisms at the cellular level— and ultimately at the molecular level. The first drawings of magnified life were made by Francesco Stelluti, an Italian who published drawings in 1625 of a honeybee magnified to 10 times its normal size.
During the eighteenth century, Swedish botanist Carolus Linnaeus (1707–1778) developed a system for naming and classifying plants and animals that replaced the one established by Aristotle (and is still used today). Based on his observations of the characteristics of organisms, Linnaeus created a ranked system in which living things were grouped according to their similarities, with each succeeding level possessing a larger number of shared traits. He named these levels class, order, genus, and species. Linnaeus also popularized binomial nomenclature, giving each living thing a Latin name consisting of two parts—its genus and species— which distinguished it from all other organisms. For example, the wolf received the scientific name Canis lupus, while humans became Homo sapiens.
In the nineteenth century, many explorers contributed to biological science by collecting plant and animal specimens from around the world. In 1859, English naturalist Charles Darwin (1809–1882) published The Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection, in which he outlined his theory of evolution. Darwin asserted that living organisms that best fit their environment are more likely to survive and pass their characteristics on to their offspring. His theory of evolution through natural selection was eventually accepted by most of the scientific community.
French microbiologist and chemist Louis Pasteur (1822–1895) showed that living things do not arise spontaneously. He conducted experiments confirming that microorganisms cause disease, identified several disease-causing bacteria, and also developed the first vaccines. By the end of the nineteenth century, the germ theory of disease was established by German physician Robert Koch (1843–1910), and by the early twentieth century, chemotherapy (the use of chemical agents to treat or control disease) was introduced. The use of antibiotics became widespread with the development of sulfa drugs in the mid-1930s and penicillin in the early 1940s.
From the nineteenth century until the end of the twentieth century, the amount of research and discovery in biology has been tremendous. Two fields of rapid growth in biological science today are molecular biology and genetic engineering.
Back to Science Research Paper Topics .
ORDER HIGH QUALITY CUSTOM PAPER
The 10 Most Interesting Biology Research Topics
www.bestcolleges.com is an advertising-supported site. Featured or trusted partner programs and all school search, finder, or match results are for schools that compensate us. This compensation does not influence our school rankings, resource guides, or other editorially-independent information published on this site.
Turn Your Dreams Into Reality
Take our quiz and we'll do the homework for you! Compare your school matches and apply to your top choice today.
If you ask any biology expert whether their research subject is interesting, of course they'll say yes. Even moss can be fascinating when you look at it under a magnifying glass. Some biology topics are easier for non-biologists to get more excited about than others, though.
Whether you're looking for a research topic for a college paper or an area to specialize in if you're majoring in biology , here are some of the most interesting things going on in the biology world right now.
1. CRISPR and Genetic Engineering
Normally, we think of our DNA as being set in stone. But what if it isn't? What if you could literally change your DNA?
Scientists have only recently figured out how to use CRISPR to edit DNA sequences.
That's what CRISPR promises. Short for Clustered Regularly Interspaced Short Palindromic Repeat, CRISPR is essentially a search and cut/paste function all rolled into one, but for DNA. This organizational pattern appears naturally in bacteria, and scientists have only recently figured out how to use it to edit DNA sequences in other organisms — including humans.
CRISPR is taking off in a big way due to its staggering potential. Imagine if you could cure genetic diseases, change your eye color, or make people permanently resistant to tricky viruses like HIV. It's easy to see the potential for life-changing benefits and great harm at the same time, and that's why there's currently so much excitement about CRISPR.
2. Epidemiology and Coronavirus
Epidemiology is the study of how diseases spread in populations. Now that we're in one of the largest pandemics in recent memory , it's easy to see why this is such an interesting topic. Finding a vaccine and ways to prevent the spread of COVID-19 has become the single greatest all-hands-on-deck effort of our time.
Even before the coronavirus outbreak, epidemiology intrigued scientists. Epidemiologists are often thought of as a modern-day Indiana Jones because they work in remote jungles and chase dangerous and terrifying diseases like Ebola all around the world.
If you haven't heard of prions, make sure you're sitting down. These infectious-disease-causing agents are responsible for things like mad cow disease, chronic wasting disease, and (possibly) Alzheimer's disease .
They work by essentially turning brains into Swiss cheese. Prions aren't fully living organisms like bacteria or parasites; rather, they're bits of misshapen proteins that cause other proteins to become deformed in a chain reaction until the brain is literally full of holes.
Because prions aren't truly alive, there's no real way to "kill" them. As a result, they can persist in the environment and stay contagious for years, even surviving normal sterilization techniques at hospitals and labs. Scientists are trying to understand how prions work on a basic level, and how to prevent them from accumulating in the environment and causing disease.
4. Climate Change
Despite what some governments might think, climate change has emerged as one of the most pressing issues of our time. Scientists have measured the chemical signal from greenhouse gases and determined that it's a direct result of human industrial activity .
Climate change is one of the most pressing issues of our time.
The battle against climate change seems daunting. First, scientists must convince the general public — especially legislators — that the phenomenon exists. Then, there's the huge task of identifying possible solutions.
With global consequences, climate change scientist is a job that's not likely to end within our lifetimes, meaning there's plenty of room for new environmental specialists.
5. Cancer Biology
About 2 out of every 5 people in the U.S. will develop cancer in their lifetimes, according to the National Cancer Institute .
What scientists are learning now is that "cancer" is more of an umbrella term for many different diseases that all have the same outcome: uncontrolled cell growth and, eventually, death. It's not as simple as finding the solution to one disease because cancer is actually many diseases, each with its own cause, progression, outcome, and treatment.
Now that scientists know more about cancer, the path forward is clear: More research on each type of cancer is needed before we can understand and ultimately eradicate it.
6. Behavioral Economics
You know you should pay off your debt and save more money , but most of us don't do that. Why not? And what are scientifically backed ways that we can learn how to do these things?
Behavioral economics is about how your biology affects both your finances and happiness.
This is what the captivating new field of behavioral economics aims to answer. The multidisciplinary approach combines two vastly different areas — economics and behavior — in an effort to understand how humans can live happier lives.
One major paper on the topic linked peak happiness levels to an income of around $75,000. Yet in 2018, the median household income fell short of that mark by almost $15,000 . In other words, behavioral economics is the study of how your biology affects your finances and happiness.
7. Endangered Species Recovery
It's estimated that up to 8,700 species go extinct every year. At this rate, we're due for the biggest mass extinction since the time of the dinosaurs.
And it's not just pandas, caribou, and other cuddly things that are dying out — many of the smaller organisms that keep the ecosystem running smoothly are disappearing, as are "ugly" animals that are still very important to the environment.
Even though the public is generally supportive of recovery efforts, the government conservationists responsible for this work almost always face budget shortfalls. If you're willing to deal with the challenges of working as a wildlife biologist , it can be a highly rewarding career.
We haven't discovered life outside of Earth — yet. Astronomers have crunched the numbers and found overwhelming support for the idea that somewhere out in the cosmos, there's a good chance life exists. Astrobiologists study what those life forms might look like, such as how they reproduce and survive.
Even before we find extraterrestrial life, though, there's plenty of work for astrobiologists to do now with preparing current Earth-dwellers for when we'll eventually jet off this planet. Astrobiologists study things like how gravity affects astronauts' bones, how plants grow in space, and what happens to circadian rhythms on planets with a different day/night cycle.
9. Synthetic Biology
Evolution hasn't created the perfect version of everything yet, but it's come pretty close in a lot of areas. There are lessons we can learn about all kinds of things from the natural world, such as how to design the quietest aircraft by studying owl feathers .
Other synthetic biologists focus on how to redesign organisms to perform useful tasks. For example, you could specialize in engineering microorganisms to produce medical-grade insulin or help with bioremediation efforts in polluted areas.
What if I told you that the stresses your grandparents endured, such as famines, wars, and inequality, could still be affecting you today through your genes ? It's not such a far-fetched idea when you consider the field of epigenetics.
Epigenetics is the study of how genes are inherited and whether they're active or inactive.
Epigenetics is the study of how genes are inherited in either a switched-on or switched-off state. Even though you inherit certain genes from your ancestors, some might not actually be "turned on" despite being present in your DNA. Just like a light switch, genes that have been "turned off" are technically inactive.
Epigenetics is a relatively new field of biology that adds a whole new layer of complexity to the already exciting realm of genetic research.
Andrew Brookes/Getty Images
Never Stop Learning
These 10 biology topics are some of the hottest areas in scientific research today, but don't limit yourself — there's more than enough knowledge to satisfy a curious mind in any field. You might just have to look a little closer under the microscope to find an entirely new world.
Feature Image: sanjeri / Getty Images
Explore More College Resources
Top 10 environmental science research topics.
10 Most Interesting Technology Research Topics
Should You Major in Biology?
BestColleges.com is an advertising-supported site. Featured or trusted partner programs and all school search, finder, or match results are for schools that compensate us. This compensation does not influence our school rankings, resource guides, or other editorially-independent information published on this site.
Compare Your School Options
View the most relevant schools for your interests and compare them by tuition, programs, acceptance rate, and other factors important to finding your college home.
- A Research Guide
- Research Paper Topics
120 Biology Research Paper Topics
How to choose a topic for biology research paper:, cell biology research paper topics:.
- The role of mitochondria in cellular metabolism
- Cellular mechanisms of cancer development and progression
- Stem cell therapy: potential applications and challenges
- The impact of oxidative stress on cellular aging
- Cellular signaling pathways in immune response
- The role of autophagy in cellular homeostasis
- Cellular mechanisms of neurodegenerative diseases
- The role of telomeres in cellular senescence
- Cellular mechanisms of drug resistance in cancer cells
- The impact of epigenetics on cellular gene expression
- Cellular mechanisms of viral infection and replication
- The role of cellular adhesion molecules in tissue development
- Cellular mechanisms of apoptosis and programmed cell death
- The impact of cellular stress on protein folding and misfolding
- Cellular mechanisms of DNA repair and genome stability
Marine Biology Research Paper Topics:
- The impact of climate change on coral reef ecosystems
- The role of marine protected areas in conserving biodiversity
- The effects of ocean acidification on marine organisms
- Investigating the behavior and communication patterns of marine mammals
- The ecological significance of seagrass meadows in coastal ecosystems
- The role of microplastics in marine pollution and their impact on marine life
- Exploring the genetic diversity and adaptation of deep-sea organisms
- Understanding the migration patterns of marine species
- Investigating the effects of overfishing on marine food webs
- The role of marine bacteria in nutrient cycling and ecosystem functioning
- Assessing the impacts of oil spills on marine ecosystems
- Investigating the reproductive strategies of marine invertebrates
- The effects of noise pollution on marine animals
- Understanding the ecological role of marine viruses
- Investigating the impacts of invasive species on native marine communities
Human Biology Research Paper Topics:
- The impact of genetics on human behavior
- The role of hormones in human development and growth
- The effects of stress on the human immune system
- The relationship between nutrition and brain development
- The influence of exercise on cardiovascular health
- The role of genetics in determining susceptibility to diseases
- The impact of environmental factors on human fertility
- The effects of aging on the human musculoskeletal system
- The relationship between sleep patterns and cognitive function
- The role of gut microbiota in human digestion and metabolism
- The effects of pollution on respiratory health
- The impact of technology on human vision and eye health
- The relationship between mental health disorders and brain chemistry
- The effects of different diets on human metabolism
- The role of genetics in determining human intelligence
Molecular Biology Research Paper Topics:
- Role of microRNAs in gene regulation
- CRISPR-Cas9 technology and its applications in gene editing
- Epigenetic modifications and their impact on gene expression
- Mechanisms of DNA repair and their implications in cancer development
- The role of non-coding RNAs in cellular processes
- Molecular basis of aging and age-related diseases
- Genetic and molecular factors contributing to neurodegenerative disorders
- Molecular mechanisms underlying drug resistance in cancer cells
- Regulation of cell cycle progression and its implications in cancer
- Molecular basis of stem cell differentiation and pluripotency
- Role of molecular chaperones in protein folding and quality control
- Molecular mechanisms of immune response and immunotherapy approaches
- Molecular basis of genetic disorders and potential therapeutic strategies
- Molecular mechanisms of viral replication and host-virus interactions
- Molecular basis of circadian rhythms and their impact on health and disease
Plant Biology Research Paper Topics:
- The role of plant hormones in growth and development
- Investigating the effects of climate change on plant physiology
- Understanding the mechanisms of plant defense against pathogens
- Exploring the genetic basis of plant adaptation to different environments
- Investigating the role of mycorrhizal fungi in plant nutrient uptake
- Studying the impact of pollutants on plant health and ecosystem functioning
- Investigating the molecular mechanisms of plant photosynthesis
- Understanding the role of plant secondary metabolites in defense against herbivores
- Exploring the genetic diversity and conservation of endangered plant species
- Investigating the role of plant root microbiota in nutrient acquisition
- Studying the impact of invasive plant species on native ecosystems
- Investigating the effects of light quality on plant growth and development
- Understanding the mechanisms of plant responses to abiotic stressors (drought, salinity, etc
- Exploring the role of plant epigenetics in gene regulation and development
- Investigating the potential of plant-based biofuels as a sustainable energy source
Animal Biology Research Paper Topics:
- The impact of climate change on animal migration patterns
- The role of genetics in determining animal behavior
- The effects of pollution on aquatic animal populations
- The relationship between diet and gut microbiota in herbivorous animals
- The impact of deforestation on biodiversity and animal habitats
- The physiological adaptations of animals to extreme environments
- The role of animal communication in social behavior and mating strategies
- The effects of noise pollution on animal communication and navigation
- The evolutionary significance of animal coloration and patterns
- The role of hormones in regulating animal reproductive cycles
- The impact of invasive species on native animal populations
- The physiological mechanisms of hibernation in mammals
- The effects of artificial light at night on animal behavior and ecology
- The role of animal cognition in problem-solving and learning abilities
- The genetic basis of animal diseases and potential treatments
Chemical Biology Research Paper Topics:
- Targeting cancer cells using nanotechnology-based drug delivery systems
- Development of novel antibiotics to combat drug-resistant bacteria
- Investigating the role of epigenetics in gene regulation and disease development
- Design and synthesis of small molecule inhibitors for protein kinases
- Understanding the mechanism of action of natural products as potential therapeutics
- Engineering enzymes for biocatalysis and industrial applications
- Exploring the chemical biology of neurodegenerative diseases
- Designing and optimizing drug delivery systems for targeted therapy
- Investigating the role of metal ions in biological systems and disease progression
- Development of biosensors for rapid and sensitive detection of biomarkers
- Understanding the molecular basis of drug resistance in cancer cells
- Design and synthesis of fluorescent probes for imaging cellular processes
- Investigating the role of non-coding RNAs in gene regulation and disease development
- Development of novel strategies for protein engineering and directed evolution
- Exploring the chemical biology of stem cells and tissue regeneration
Evolutionary Biology Research Paper Topics:
- The role of natural selection in shaping animal behavior
- Evolutionary mechanisms behind the development of antibiotic resistance in bacteria
- The impact of climate change on species adaptation and evolution
- Evolutionary patterns and processes in human populations
- The role of sexual selection in the evolution of elaborate traits
- Evolutionary consequences of invasive species on native ecosystems
- The evolution of social behavior in insects
- Genetic basis of speciation and the formation of new species
- Evolutionary origins and adaptations of venomous animals
- The co-evolution of parasites and their hosts
- Evolutionary genetics of disease resistance in plants
- The evolution of mating systems and reproductive strategies
- Evolutionary mechanisms underlying the evolution of complex traits
- The role of genetic drift in small populations and its impact on evolution
- Evolutionary implications of hybridization and introgression in plants and animals
- Writing a Research Paper
- Research Paper Title
- Research Paper Sources
- Research Paper Problem Statement
- Research Paper Thesis Statement
- Hypothesis for a Research Paper
- Research Question
- Research Paper Outline
- Research Paper Summary
- Research Paper Prospectus
- Research Paper Proposal
- Research Paper Format
- Research Paper Styles
- AMA Style Research Paper
- MLA Style Research Paper
- Chicago Style Research Paper
- APA Style Research Paper
- Research Paper Structure
- Research Paper Cover Page
- Research Paper Abstract
- Research Paper Introduction
- Research Paper Body Paragraph
- Research Paper Literature Review
- Research Paper Background
- Research Paper Methods Section
- Research Paper Results Section
- Research Paper Discussion Section
- Research Paper Conclusion
- Research Paper Appendix
- Research Paper Bibliography
- APA Reference Page
- Annotated Bibliography
- Bibliography vs Works Cited vs References Page
- Research Paper Types
- What is Qualitative Research
Receive paper in 3 Hours!
- Choose the number of pages.
- Select your deadline.
- Complete your order.
Number of Pages
550 words (double spaced)
Deadline: 10 days left
Sign Up for your FREE account
Custom Essay, Term Paper & Research paper writing services
Toll Free: +1 (888) 354-4744
Email: [email protected]
Writing custom essays & research papers since 2008
Top 100 biology research topics for high school and college.
Writing a biology essay may not sound like a very difficult thing to do. In fact, most students really like this subject. The problem is not that you can’t write a good paper on a topic in biology. The problem is with finding excellent biology research topics. Now, you may be wondering why you would want to invest so much time into finding great biology research paper topics. After all, what you write in the essay matters more than the topic, right? Wrong! We are here to tell you that professors really appreciate interesting and unique topics.
And it makes a lot of sense, if you think about it. If you simply pick one of the most popular biology research topics, you will never be able to pique the interest of your teacher. He has read dozens, if not hundreds, or papers on that exact same topic. What you want to do is come up with interesting biology research topics. You want to find topics that none of your classmates are thinking of writing an academic paper about. You will shortly see why this is important. And we will also give you 100 biology topics for research projects that you can use for free – right now!
Biology Research Paper Topics Really Are Important!
It doesn’t matter what area of biology you need to write about. This information applies to everything from zoology and botany to anatomy. The reality is that your professor will really appreciate good topics. And you can rest assured that he or she knows how to spot them. The moment the professor starts to read your paper, he or she will immediately realize that you really did your best to find an excellent topic. And if you write a good introduction paragraph (which contains a captivating thesis statement as well), you are in the best position to earn bonus points.
You may not be aware of it, but teachers are willing to treat great papers with more leniency. This means that you will not get penalized for minor mistakes if you come up with a great topic. In other words, you will get a better grade on your papers if you manage to come up with good research topics for biology. This is a fact and it is based on thousands of pieces of feedback from our readers.
How Do You Choose Good Biology Research Topics?
Choosing research topics for biology can be a daunting task. Frankly, the research paper topics biology students are looking for are not easy to come by. The first thing you want to avoid is going to the first website that pops up in Google and getting your ideas from there. Most of your peers will do the same. Also, avoid topics that are extremely simple. You will simply not have enough ideas to write about. Of course, you should avoid overly complex topics because finding information about them may be extremely difficult.
The best way to find a good topic, in our opinion, is to get in touch with an academic writing company. You will get access to a professional writer who knows exactly what professors are looking for. A writer will quickly give you an amazing research topic in biology.
Eloquent Examples of Popular Biology Research Topics
To make things as simple as possible for you, we’ve put together a list of biology research project ideas. You will find 100 topics on various subjects below. Of course, you can use any of our topics for free. However, keep in mind that even though we are doing our best to maintain this list fresh, other students will find it as well. If you need new topics for your next biology essay, we recommend you to get in touch with us. We monitor our email address, so we can help you right away. Also, you can buy a research paper from our service.
Biology Research Topics for High School
Are you looking for biology research topics for high school? These are relatively simple when compared to college-level topics. Here are a couple of topic ideas that high school students will surely appreciate:
- Identifying Three Dead Branches of Evolution.
- What Is Sleep?
- How Does Physical Exercise Affect the Metabolism?
- A Behavioral Study of Birds.
- How Does Music Affect Your Brain?
- Climate Change and Biodiversity.
- Are Bees Really Becoming Extinct?
- Rainforest Extinction Is Dangerous.
- The Benefits of Organic Farming.
- Can the Brain Repair Itself?
- The Effect of Bacteria on Depression.
- How Do Sea Animals Camouflage?
Research Topics in Biology for Undergraduates
Research topics in biology for undergraduates are more complex than high school or college topics. Our researchers did their best to find topics that are relatively complex. However, each one of the following topics has plenty of information about it online:
- What Is the Mechanism of Metastasis in Cancer Patients?
- How Do Tumor Suppressor Genes Appear?
- How Can We Destroy Cancer Cells Without Damaging Other Cells?
- The Benefits of Gene Therapy.
- Analyzing the Huntington’s Disease (the HTT Gene).
- How Does the down Syndrome (Trisomy of 21st Chromosome) Appear?
- Analyzing the Brain Activity During an Epileptic Seizure.
- How Are Our Memories Formed and Preserved?
- The Effect of Probiotics on Infections.
- Analyzing Primate Language.
- Analyzing Primate Cognitive Functions.
- The Link Between Darwin’s Theory and Biology.
Biology Research Topics for College Students
Biology research topics for college students are of moderate difficulty. They are easier than undergrad topics and more complex than high school topics. While compiling this list, we made sure you have more than enough information online to write the paper quickly:
- Using DNA Technology in the Field of Medical Genetics.
- The Effect of Drinking on Embryonic Development.
- How Are Genes Mapped and Cloned?
- Explain What Genetic Polymorphism Is.
- What Is a Hereditary Disease?
- The Effect of Drugs on Embryonic Development.
- Describing Oligogenic Diseases (like Hirschsprung Disease)
- What Is the Mendelian Inheritance?
- How Transcriptomics and Proteomics Changed Modern Medicine.
- The Risk Factors of Infertility Explained.
- How Does Aging Effect Infertility?
- What Do Ash Elements Do in a Plant?
- Explaining the Pigments in a Plant Cell.
- How Is Photosynthesis Done?
- The Role of Fats in Plant Cells.
- The Effect of Smoking on Embryonic Development.
Cell Biology Research Topics
Some of the best biology topics are cell biology research topics. The scientific community is constantly making progress in this area, so there is always something new to write about. Here are some of the best examples:
- What Is Regenerative Medicine?
- A Closer Look at Tissue Engineering.
- Discuss the Future of Regenerative Medicine.
- Analyzing Therapeutic Cloning.
- The Pros and Cons of Creating Artificial Organs.
- How Do Cell Age?
- Can We Reverse Cell Aging?
- Advances in Cell Therapy.
- What Is Cell Adhesion?
- Explaining Cell Division.
- What Is Cellular Metabolism?
- Describe Active and Passive Transport in Cells.
- What Are Cell Plastids?
Evolutionary Biology Research Paper Topics
If you want something more complex, you can try your hand at writing on evolutionary biology research paper topics. As with all our topics, you will be able to find a lot of ideas and information online. Here are our picks:
- Where Did Plants Come From? (The Evolutionary Theory)
- Explaining the Host-parasite Coevolution.
- How Did Parasites Evolve over Time?
- What Is Natural Selection and How Does It Work?
- Explain Sexual Selection.
- Explain Sexual Conflict.
- How Did Our Immune Systems Evolve?
- How Do New Species Appear in the Wild?
- The Evolution of Cell Respiration.
- What Is the Hippo Pathway? (Developmental Biology)
Antibiotics resistance, agriculture and cloning are hot subjects nowadays. Your professor will surely be interested to learn more about biology research topics. Here is a mix of topic ideas from our established community of academic writers:
- The Problem of Using Antibiotics on Large Scale.
- Examining the Effects of Salt on Plants.
- What Is DNA Technology?
- The Effects of GMOs on the Human Body.
- How Is the Quality of Antibiotics Controlled?
- How Are GMO Food Crops Created?
- The Effect of Veterinary Antibiotics on Humans.
- The Allergic Reactions to Specific Antibiotics.
- A Look at How Penicillin Works in the Human Body.
- How Are Antibiotics Obtained?
- What Are Natural Biochemicals with Pest-repellent Properties?
- The 3 Most Toxic Effects of Antibiotics
- How the Human Body Develops Resistance to Antibiotics.
- The Impact of Biology on the Us Agriculture.
- What Is the Green Revolution?
- Analyzing the Minerals in the Plant Cell.
- Analyzing Muscle Development and Regeneration
- The Uses of Cancer Stem Cells.
Marine Biology Research Topics
There is a lot of talk about global warming, about microplastics in our oceans, and about endangered marine species. This means that marine biology research topics are a very hot topic today. Here are some of our best ideas:
- Can GMO Organisms Break down Oil after Maritime Accidents?
- Pollution-absorbing Bio-films.
- Microbes That Can Absorb Toxic Compounds in the Water.
- Can We Really Use Bioluminescence?
- How Is Bio-diesel Created?
- Analyzing the Coral Reef Biology.
- Why Is the Lobster Population Dwindling?
- The Effect of Mass Fishing on the World’s Oceans.
- Global Warming and Its Effect on Marine Microorganisms.
Molecular Biology Research Topics
Writing about molecular biology research topics is not easy. However, it’s a foolproof way to get a top grade. Your professor will really appreciate your willingness to write an essay about a complex topic. Just make sure you know what you are talking about. Below you can find some of the best topics:
- How Is Insulin Produced?
- How Is the Growth Hormone Produced?
- Analyzing the Repropagation of Translation.
- What Is DNA-telomerase?
- The Process of Sequencing Nucleotides in DNA.
- What Is Telomerase?
- The Link Between Telomerase and Cancer.
- The Link Between Telomerase and Aging.
- How Does DNA Forensics Work?
- Describe the Process of Protein Metabolism.
There is no such thing as easy biology research topics. When the topic is too simple, you end up getting penalized. You can’t write 500 words about it without straying away from the subject. Also, no matter how interesting the topic may be, you should make sure that the essay is written perfectly. This means that not even interesting biology research topics can save you from a bad grade if you fail to follow all applicable academic writing standards.
Find it hard to cope with your college paper? Great news! Use promo “ mypaper20 ” and enjoy 20% discount on a biology writing assignment from our profs!
49 Most Interesting Biology Research Topics
August 21, 2023
In need of the perfect biology research topics—ideas that can both showcase your intellect and fuel your academic success? Lost in the boundless landscape of possible biology topics to research? And afraid you’ll never get a chance to begin writing your paper, let alone finish writing? Whether you’re a budding biologist hoping for a challenge or a novice seeking easy biology research topics to wade into, this blog offers curated and comprehensible options.
And if you’re a high school or transfer student looking for opportunities to immerse yourself in biology, consider learning more about research opportunities for high school students , top summer programs for high school students , best colleges for studying biomedical engineering , and best colleges for studying biology .
What is biology?
Well, biology explores the web of life that envelops our planet, from the teeny-tiny microbes to the big complex ecosystems. Biology investigates the molecular processes that define existence, deciphers the interplay of genes, and examines all the dynamic ways organisms interact with their environments. And through biology, you can gain not only knowledge, but a deeper appreciation for the interconnectedness of all living things. Pretty cool!
There are lots and lots of sub-disciplines within biology, branching out in all directions. Throughout this list, we won’t follow all of those branches, but we will follow many. And while none of these branches are truly simple or easy, some might be easier than others. Now we’ll take a look at a few various biology research topics and example questions that could pique your curiosity.
Climate change and ecosystems
The first of our potentially easy biology research topics: climate change and ecosystems. Investigate how ecosystems respond and adapt to the changing climate. And learn about shifts in species distributions , phenology , and ecological interactions .
1) How are different ecosystems responding to temperature changes and altered precipitation patterns?2) What are the implications of shifts in species distributions for ecosystem stability and functioning?
2) Or how does phenology change in response to climate shifts? And how do those changes impact species interactions?
3) Which underlying genetic and physiological mechanisms enable certain species to adapt to changing climate conditions?
4) And how do changing climate conditions affect species’ abilities to interact and form mutualistic relationships within ecosystems?
Microbiome and human health
Intrigued by the relationship between the gut and the rest of the body? Study the complex microbiome . You could learn how gut microbes influence digestion, immunity, and even mental health.
5) How do specific gut microbial communities impact nutrient absorption?
6) What are the connections between the gut microbiome, immune system development, and susceptibility to autoimmune diseases?
7) What ethical considerations need to be addressed when developing personalized microbiome-based therapies? And how can these therapies be safely and equitably integrated into clinical practice?
8) Or how do variations in the gut microbiome contribute to mental health conditions such as anxiety and depression?
9) How do changes in diet and lifestyle affect the composition and function of the gut microbiome? And what are the subsequent health implications?
Urban biodiversity conservation
Next, here’s another one of the potentially easy biology research topics. Examine the challenges and strategies for conserving biodiversity in urban environments. Consider the impact of urbanization on native species and ecosystem services. Then investigate the decline of pollinators and its implications for food security or ecosystem health.
10) How does urbanization influence the abundance and diversity of native plant and animal species in cities?
11) Or what are effective strategies for creating and maintaining green spaces that support urban biodiversity and ecosystem services?
12) How do different urban design and planning approaches impact the distribution of wildlife species and their interactions?
13) What are the best practices for engaging urban communities in biodiversity conservation efforts?
14) And how can urban agriculture and rooftop gardens contribute to urban biodiversity conservation while also addressing food security challenges?
Are you a problem solver at heart? Then try approaching the intersection of engineering, biology, and medicine. Delve into the field of synthetic biology , where researchers engineer biological systems to create novel organisms with useful applications.
15) How can synthetic biology be harnessed to develop new, sustainable sources of biofuels from engineered microorganisms?
16) And what ethical considerations arise when creating genetically modified organisms for bioremediation purposes?
17) Can synthetic biology techniques be used to design plants that are more efficient at withdrawing carbon dioxide from the atmosphere?
18) How can bioengineering create organisms capable of producing valuable pharmaceutical compounds in a controlled and sustainable manner?
19) But what are the potential risks and benefits of using engineered organisms for large-scale environmental cleanup projects?
Interested in learning more about what makes creatures tick? Then this might be one of your favorite biology topics to research. Explore the neural mechanisms that underlie complex behaviors in animals and humans. Shed light on topics like decision-making, social interactions, and addiction. And investigate how brain plasticity and neurogenesis help the brain adapt to learning, injury, and aging.
20) How does the brain’s reward circuitry influence decision-making processes in situations involving risk and reward?
21) What neural mechanisms underlie empathy and social interactions in both humans and animals?
22) Or how do changes in neural plasticity contribute to age-related cognitive decline and neurodegenerative diseases?
23) Can insights from neurobiology inform the development of more effective treatments for addiction and substance abuse?
24) What are the neural correlates of learning and memory? And how can our understanding of these processes be applied to educational strategies?
While this might not be one of the easy biology research topics, it will appeal to plant enthusiasts. Explore how epigenetic modifications in plants affect their ability to respond and adapt to changing environmental conditions.
25) How do epigenetic modifications influence the expression of stress-related genes in plants exposed to temperature fluctuations?
26) Or what role do epigenetic changes play in plants’ abilities to acclimate to changing levels of air pollution?
27) Can certain epigenetic modifications be used as indicators of a plant’s adaptability to new environments?
28) How do epigenetic modifications contribute to the transgenerational inheritance of traits related to stress resistance?
29) And can targeted manipulation of epigenetic marks enhance crop plants’ ability to withstand changing environmental conditions?
Motivated to save the planet? Conservation genomics stands at the forefront of modern biology, merging the power of genetics with the urgent need to protect Earth’s biodiversity. Study genetic diversity, population dynamics, and how endangered species adapt in response to environmental changes.
30) How does genetic diversity within endangered species influence their ability to adapt to changing environmental conditions?
31) What genetic factors contribute to the susceptibility of certain populations to diseases, and how can this knowledge inform conservation strategies?
32) How can genomic data be used to inform captive breeding and reintroduction programs for endangered species?
33) And what are the genomic signatures of adaptation in response to human-induced environmental changes, such as habitat fragmentation and pollution?
34) Or how can genomics help identify “hotspots” of biodiversity that are particularly important for conservation efforts?
Zoonotic disease transmission
And here’s one of the biology research topics that’s been on all our minds in recent years. Investigate the factors contributing to the transmission of zoonotic diseases , like COVID-19. Then posit strategies for prevention and early detection.
35) What are the ecological and genetic factors that facilitate the spillover of zoonotic pathogens from animals to humans?
36) Or how do changes in land use, deforestation, and urbanization impact the risk of zoonotic disease emergence?
37) Can early detection and surveillance systems be developed to predict and mitigate the spread of zoonotic diseases?
38) How do social and cultural factors influence human behaviors that contribute to zoonotic disease transmission?
39) And can strategies be implemented to improve global pandemic preparedness?
Are you a data fanatic? Bioinformatics involves developing computational tools and techniques to analyze and interpret large biological datasets. This enables advancements in genomics, proteomics, and systems biology. So delve into the world of bioinformatics to learn how large-scale genomic and molecular data are revolutionizing biological research.
40) How can machine learning algorithms predict the function of genes based on their DNA sequences?
41) And what computational methods can identify potential drug targets by analyzing protein-protein interactions in large biological datasets?
42) Can bioinformatics tools be used to identify potential disease-causing mutations in human genomes and guide personalized medicine approaches?
43) What are the challenges and opportunities in analyzing “omics” data (genomics, proteomics, transcriptomics) to uncover novel biological insights?
44) Or how can bioinformatics contribute to our understanding of microbial diversity, evolution, and interactions within ecosystems?
While definitely not one of the easy biology research topics, regenerative medicine will appeal to those interested in healthcare. Research innovative approaches to stimulate tissue and organ regeneration, using stem cells, tissue engineering, and biotechnology. And while you’re at it, discover the next potential medical breakthrough.
45) How can stem cells be directed to differentiate into specific cell types for tissue regeneration, and what factors influence this process?
46) Or what are the potential applications of 3D bioprinting in creating functional tissues and organs for transplantation?
47) How can bioengineered scaffolds enhance tissue regeneration and integration with host tissues?
48) What are the ethical considerations surrounding the use of stem cells and regenerative therapies in medical treatments?
49) And can regenerative medicine approaches be used to treat neurodegenerative disorders and restore brain function?
Biology Research Topics – Final thoughts
So as you take your next steps, try not to feel overwhelmed. And instead, appreciate the vast realm of possibilities that biology research topics offer. Because the array of biology topics to research is as diverse as the ecosystems it seeks to understand. And no matter if you’re only looking for easy biology research topics, or you’re itching to unravel the mysteries of plant-microbe interactions, your exploration will continue to deepen what we know of the world around us.
- High School Success
Mariya holds a BFA in Creative Writing from the Pratt Institute and is currently pursuing an MFA in writing at the University of California Davis. Mariya serves as a teaching assistant in the English department at UC Davis. She previously served as an associate editor at Carve Magazine for two years, where she managed 60 fiction writers. She is the winner of the 2015 Stony Brook Fiction Prize, and her short stories have been published in Mid-American Review , Cutbank , Sonora Review , New Orleans Review , and The Collagist , among other magazines.
- 2-Year Colleges
- Application Strategies
- Big Picture
- Career & Personality Assessment
- College Essay
- College Search/Knowledge
- College Success
- Costs & Financial Aid
- Extracurricular Activities
- Graduate School Admissions
- High Schools
- Law School Admissions
- Medical School Admissions
- Navigating the Admissions Process
- Online Learning
- Summer Programs
“Innovative and invaluable…use this book as your college lifeline.”
— Lynn O'Shaughnessy
Nationally Recognized College Expert
College Planning in Your Inbox
Join our information-packed monthly newsletter.
Sign Up Now
200+ Unique And Interesting Biology Research Topics For Students In 2023
Are you curious about the fascinating world of biology and its many research possibilities? Well, you are in the right place! In this blog, we will explore biology research topics, exploring what biology is, what constitutes a good research topic, and how to go about selecting the perfect one for your academic journey.
So, what exactly is biology? Biology is the study of living organisms and their interactions with the environment. It includes everything from the tiniest cells to the largest ecosystems, making it a diverse and exciting field of study.
Stay tuned to learn more about biology research topics as we present over 200 intriguing research ideas for students, emphasizing the importance of selecting the right one. In addition, we will also share resources to make your quest for the perfect topic a breeze. Let’s embark on this scientific journey together!
If you are having trouble with any kind of assignment or task, do not worry—we can give you the best microbiology assignment help at a value price. Additionally, you may look at nursing project ideas .
What Is Biology?
Table of Contents
Biology is the study of living things, like animals, plants, and even tiny organisms too small to see. It helps us understand how these living things work and how they interact with each other and their environment. Biologists, or scientists who study biology, explore topics like how animals breathe, how plants grow, and how our bodies function. By learning about biology, we can better care for the Earth and all its living creatures.
What Is A Good Biology Research Topic?
A good biology research topic is a question or problem in the field of biology that scientists want to investigate and learn more about. It should be interesting and important, like studying how a new medicine can treat a disease or how animals adapt to changing environments. The topic should also be specific and clear, so researchers can focus on finding answers. Additionally, it’s helpful if the topic hasn’t been studied extensively before, so the research can contribute new knowledge to the field of biology and help us better understand the natural world.
Tips For Choosing A Biology Research Topics
Here are some tips for choosing a biology research topics:
1. Choose What Interests You
When picking a biology research topic, go for something that you personally find fascinating and enjoyable. When you’re genuinely curious about it, you’ll be more motivated to study and learn.
2. Select a Significant Topic
Look for a subject in biology that has real-world importance. Think about whether your research can address practical issues, like finding cures for diseases or understanding environmental problems. Research that can make a positive impact is usually a good choice.
3. Check If It’s Doable
Consider if you have the necessary tools and time to carry out your research. It’s essential to pick a topic that you can actually study with the resources available to you.
4. Add Your Unique Perspective
Try to find a fresh or different angle for your research. While you can build upon existing knowledge, bringing something new or unique to the table can make your research more exciting and valuable.
5. Seek Guidance
Don’t hesitate to ask for advice from your teachers or experienced researchers. They can provide you with valuable insights and help you make a smart decision when choosing your research topic in biology.
Biology Research Topics For College Students
1. Investigating the role of genetic mutations in cancer development.
2. Analyzing the impact of climate changes on wildlife populations.
3. Studying the ecology of invasive species in urban environments.
4. Investigating the microbiome of the human gut and its relationship to health.
5. Analyzing the genetic diversity of endangered species for conservation.
6. Studying the evolution of antibiotic resistance in bacteria.
7. Investigating the ecological consequences of deforestation.
8. Analyzing the behavior and communication of social insects like ants and bees.
9. Studying the physiology of extreme environments, such as deep-sea hydrothermal vents.
10. Investigating the molecular mechanisms of cell division and mitosis.
Plant Biology Research Topics For College Students
11. Studying the impact of different fertilizers on crop yields and soil health.
12. Analyzing the genetics of plant resistance to pests and diseases.
13. Investigating the role of plant hormones in growth and development.
14. Studying the adaptation of plants to drought conditions.
15. Analyzing the ecological interactions between plants and pollinators.
16. Investigating the use of biotechnology to enhance crop traits.
17. Studying the genetics of plant breeding for improved varieties.
18. Analyzing the physiology of photosynthesis and carbon fixation in plants.
19. Investigating the effects of soil microbiota on plant health.
20. Studying the evolution of plant species in response to changing environments.
Biotechnology Research Topics For College Students
21. Investigating the use of CRISPR-Cas9 technology for genome editing.
22. Analyzing the production of biofuels from microorganisms.
23. Studying the application of biotechnology in medicine, such as gene therapy.
24. Investigating the use of bioplastics as a sustainable alternative to conventional plastics.
25. Analyzing the role of biotechnology in food production, including GMOs.
26. Studying the development of biopharmaceuticals and monoclonal antibodies.
27. Investigating the use of bioremediation to clean up polluted environments.
28. Studying the potential of synthetic biology for creating novel organisms.
29. Analyzing the ethical and social implications of biotechnological advancements.
30. Investigating the use of biotechnology in forensic science, such as DNA analysis.
Molecular Biology Research Topics For Undergraduates
31. Studying the structure and function of DNA and RNA molecules.
32. Analyzing the regulation of gene expression in eukaryotic cells.
33. Investigating the mechanisms of DNA replication and repair.
34. Studying the role of non-coding RNAs in gene regulation.
35. Analyzing the molecular basis of genetic diseases like cystic fibrosis.
36. Investigating the epigenetic modifications that control gene activity.
37. Studying the molecular mechanisms of protein folding and misfolding.
38. Analyzing the molecular pathways involved in cancer progression.
39. Investigating the molecular basis of neurodegenerative diseases.
40. Studying the use of molecular markers in genetic diversity analysis.
Life Science Research Topics For High School Students
41. Investigating the effects of different diets on human health.
42. Analyzing the impact of exercise on cardiovascular fitness.
43. Studying the genetics of inherited traits and diseases.
44. Investigating the ecological interactions in a local ecosystem.
45. Analyzing the diversity of microorganisms in soil or water samples.
46. Studying the anatomy and physiology of a specific organ or system.
47. Investigating the life cycle of a local plant or animal species.
48. Studying the effects of environmental pollutants on aquatic organisms.
49. Analyzing the behavior of a specific animal species in its habitat.
50. Investigating the process of photosynthesis in plants.
Biology Research Topics For Grade 12
51. Investigating the genetic basis of a specific inherited disorder.
52. Analyzing the impact of climate change on a local ecosystem.
53.Studying the biodiversity of a particular rainforest region.
54. Investigating the physiological adaptations of animals to extreme temperatures.
55. Analyzing the effects of pollution on aquatic ecosystems.
56. Studying the life history and conservation status of an endangered species.
57. Investigating the molecular mechanisms of a specific disease.
58. Studying the ecological interactions within a coral reef ecosystem.
59. Analyzing the genetics of plant hybridization and speciation.
60. Investigating the behavior and communication of a particular bird species.
Marine Biology Research Topics
61. Studying the impact of ocean acidification on coral reefs.
62. Analyzing the migration patterns of marine mammals.
63. Investigating the physiology of deep-sea creatures under high pressure.
64. Studying the ecology of phytoplankton and their role in the marine food web.
65. Analyzing the behavior of different species of sharks.
66. Investigating the conservation of sea turtle populations.
67. Studying the biodiversity of deep-sea hydrothermal vent communities.
68. Analyzing the effects of overfishing on marine ecosystems.
69. Investigating the adaptation of marine organisms to extreme cold in polar regions.
70. Studying the bioluminescence and communication in marine organisms.
AP Biology Research Topics
71. Investigating the role of specific enzymes in cellular metabolism.
72. Analyzing the genetic variation within a population.
73. Studying the mechanisms of hormonal regulation in animals.
74. Investigating the principles of Mendelian genetics through trait analysis.
75. Analyzing the ecological succession in a local ecosystem.
76. Studying the physiology of the human circulatory system.
77. Investigating the molecular biology of a specific virus.
78. Studying the principles of natural selection through evolutionary simulations.
79. Analyzing the genetic diversity of a plant species in different habitats.
80. Investigating the effects of different environmental factors on plant growth.
Cell Biology Research Topics
81. Investigating the role of mitochondria in cellular energy production.
82. Analyzing the mechanisms of cell division and mitosis.
83. Studying the function of cell membrane proteins in signal transduction.
84. Investigating the cellular processes involved in apoptosis (cell death).
85. Analyzing the role of endoplasmic reticulum in protein synthesis and folding.
86. Studying the dynamics of the cytoskeleton and cell motility.
87. Investigating the regulation of cell cycle checkpoints.
88. Analyzing the structure and function of cellular organelles.
89. Studying the molecular mechanisms of DNA replication and repair.
90. Investigating the impact of cellular stress on cell health and function.
Human Biology Research Topics
91. Analyzing the genetic basis of inherited diseases in humans.
92. Investigating the physiological responses to exercise and physical activity.
93. Studying the hormonal regulation of the human reproductive system.
94. Analyzing the impact of nutrition on human health and metabolism.
95. Investigating the role of the immune system in disease prevention.
96. Studying the genetics of human evolution and migration.
97. Analyzing the neural mechanisms underlying human cognition and behavior.
98. Investigating the molecular basis of aging and age-related diseases.
99. Studying the impact of environmental toxins on human health.
100. Analyzing the genetics of organ transplantation and tissue compatibility.
Molecular Biology Research Topics
101. Investigating the role of microRNAs in gene regulation.
102. Analyzing the molecular basis of genetic disorders like cystic fibrosis.
103. Studying the epigenetic modifications that control gene expression.
104. Investigating the molecular mechanisms of RNA splicing.
105. Analyzing the role of telomeres in cellular aging.
106. Studying the molecular pathways involved in cancer metastasis.
107. Investigating the molecular basis of neurodegenerative diseases.
108. Studying the molecular interactions in protein-protein networks.
109. Analyzing the molecular mechanisms of DNA damage and repair.
110. Investigating the use of CRISPR-Cas9 for genome editing.
Animal Biology Research Topics
111. Studying the behavior and communication of social insects like ants.
112. Analyzing the physiology of hibernation in mammals.
113. Investigating the ecological interactions in a predator-prey relationship.
114. Studying the adaptations of animals to extreme environments.
115. Analyzing the genetics of inherited traits in animal populations.
116. Investigating the impact of climate change on animal migration patterns.
117. Studying the diversity of marine life in coral reef ecosystems.
118. Analyzing the physiology of flight in birds and bats.
119. Investigating the molecular basis of animal coloration and camouflage.
120. Studying the behavior and conservation of endangered species.
- Neuroscience Research Topics
- Mental Health Research Topics
Plant Biology Research Topics
121. Investigating the role of plant hormones in growth and development.
122. Analyzing the genetics of plant resistance to pests and diseases.
123. Climate change and plant phenology are being examined.
124. Investigating the ecology of mycorrhizal fungi and their symbiosis with plants.
125. Investigating plant photosynthesis and carbon fixing.
126. Molecular analysis of plant stress responses.
127. Investigating the adaptation of plants to drought conditions.
128. Studying the role of plants in phytoremediation of polluted environments.
129. Analyzing the genetics of plant hybridization and speciation.
130. Investigating the molecular basis of plant-microbe interactions.
Environmental Biology Research Topics
131. Analyzing the effects of pollution on aquatic ecosystems.
132. Investigating the biodiversity of a particular ecosystem.
133. Studying the ecological consequences of deforestation.
134. Analyzing the impact of climate change on wildlife populations.
135. Investigating the use of bioremediation to clean up polluted sites.
136. Studying the environmental factors influencing species distribution.
137. Analyzing the effects of habitat fragmentation on wildlife.
138. Investigating the ecology of invasive species in new environments.
139. Studying the conservation of endangered species and habitats.
140. Analyzing the interactions between humans and urban ecosystems.
Chemical Biology Research Topics
141. Investigating the design and synthesis of new drug compounds.
142. Analyzing the molecular mechanisms of enzyme catalysis.
143.Studying the role of small molecules in cellular signaling pathways.
144. Investigating the development of chemical probes for biological research.
145. Studying the chemistry of protein-ligand interactions.
146. Analyzing the use of chemical biology in cancer therapy.
147. Investigating the synthesis of bioactive natural products.
148. Studying the role of chemical compounds in microbial interactions.
149. Analyzing the chemistry of DNA-protein interactions.
150. Investigating the chemical basis of drug resistance in pathogens.
Medical Biology Research Topics
151. Investigating the genetic basis of specific diseases like diabetes.
152. Analyzing the mechanisms of drug resistance in bacteria.
153. Studying the molecular mechanisms of autoimmune diseases.
154. Investigating the development of personalized medicine approaches.
155. Studying the role of inflammation in chronic diseases.
156. Analyzing the genetics of rare diseases and genetic syndromes.
157. Investigating the molecular basis of viral infections and vaccines.
158. Studying the mechanisms of organ transplantation and rejection.
159. Analyzing the molecular diagnostics of cancer.
160. Investigating the biology of stem cells and regenerative medicine.
Evolutionary Biology Research Topics
161. Studying the evolution of human ancestors and early hominids.
162. The genetic variety of species and between species is being looked at.
163. Investigating the role of sexual selection in animal evolution.
164. Studying the co-evolutionary relationships between parasites and hosts.
165. Analyzing the evolutionary adaptations of extremophiles.
166. Investigating the evolution of developmental processes (evo-devo).
167. Studying the biogeography and distribution of species.
168. Analyzing the evolution of mimicry in animals and plants.
169. Investigating the genetics of speciation and hybridization.
170. Studying the evolutionary history of domesticated plants and animals.
Cellular Biology Research Topics
171. Investigating the role of autophagy in cellular homeostasis.
172. Analyzing the mechanisms of cellular transport and trafficking.
173. Studying the regulation of cell adhesion & migration.
174. Investigating the cellular responses to DNA damage.
175. Analyzing the dynamics of cellular membrane structures.
176. Studying the role of cellular organelles in lipid metabolism.
177. Investigating the molecular mechanisms of cell-cell communication.
178. Studying the physiology of cellular respiration and energy production.
179. Analyzing the cellular mechanisms of viral entry and replication.
180. Investigating the role of cellular senescence in aging and disease.
Good Biology Research Topics Related To Brain Injuries
181. Analyzing the molecular mechanisms of traumatic brain injury.
182. Investigating the role of neuroinflammation in brain injury recovery.
183. Studying the impact of concussions on long-term brain health.
184. Analyzing the use of neuroimaging in diagnosing brain injuries.
185. Investigating the development of neuroprotective therapies.
186. Studying the genetics of susceptibility to brain injuries.
187. Analyzing the cognitive and behavioral effects of brain trauma.
188. Investigating the role of rehabilitation in brain injury recovery.
189. Studying the cellular and molecular changes in axonal injury.
190. Looking into how stem cell therapy might be used to help brain injuries.
Biology Quantitative Research Topics
191. Investigating the mathematical modeling of population dynamics.
192. Analyzing the statistical methods for biodiversity assessment.
193. Studying the use of bioinformatics in genomics research.
194. Investigating the quantitative analysis of gene expression data.
195. Studying the mathematical modeling of enzyme kinetics.
196. Analyzing the statistical approaches for epidemiological studies.
197. Investigating the use of computational tools in phylogenetics.
198. Studying the mathematical modeling of ecological systems.
199. Analyzing the quantitative analysis of protein-protein interactions.
200. Investigating the statistical methods for analyzing genetic variation.
Importance Of Choosing The Right Biology Research Topics
Here are some importance of choosing the right biology research topics:
1. Relevance to Your Interests and Goals
Choosing the right biology research topic is important because it should align with your interests and goals. Studying something you’re passionate about keeps you motivated and dedicated to your research.
2. Contribution to Scientific Knowledge
Your research should contribute something valuable to the world of science. Picking the right topic means you have the chance to discover something new or solve a problem, advancing our understanding of the natural world.
3. Availability of Resources
Consider the resources you have or can access. If you pick a topic that demands resources you don’t have, your research may hit a dead end. Choosing wisely means you can work efficiently.
4. Feasibility and Manageability
A good research topic should be manageable within your time frame and capabilities. If it’s too broad or complex, you might get overwhelmed. Picking the right topic ensures your research is doable.
5. Real-World Impact
Think about how your research might benefit the real world. Biology often has implications for health, the environment, or society. Choosing a topic with practical applications can make your work meaningful and potentially change lives.
Resources For Finding Biology Research Topics
There are numerous resources for finding biology research topics:
1. Online Databases
Look on websites like PubMed and Google Scholar. They have lots of biology articles. Type words about what you like to find topics.
2. Academic Journals
Check biology magazines. They talk about new research. You can find ideas and see what’s important.
3. University Websites
Colleges show what their teachers study. Find teachers who like what you like. Ask them about ideas for your own study.
4. Science News and Magazines
Read science news. They tell you about new things in biology. It helps you think of research ideas.
5. Join Biology Forums and Communities
Talk to other people who like biology online. You can ask for ideas and find friends to help you. Use websites like ResearchGate and Reddit for this.
Biology Research Topics offer exciting opportunities for exploration and learning. We’ve explained what biology is and stressed the importance of picking a good research topic. Our tips and extensive list of over 200 biology research topics provide valuable guidance for students.
Selecting the right topic is more than just getting good grades; it’s about making meaningful contributions to our understanding of life. We’ve also shared resources to help you discover even more topics. So, embrace the world of biology research, embark on a journey of discovery, and be part of the ongoing effort to unravel the mysteries of the natural world.
Top Causes of Academic Failure Among Students
Top 10 Real Work From Home Jobs for 2020 to Make More Money
Leave a comment cancel reply.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
- Research Paper Guides
- Research Paper Topics
Biology Topics for Your Research Paper: The Best Ideas
- Speech Topics
- Basics of Essay Writing
- Essay Topics
- Other Essays
- Main Academic Essays
- Basics of Research Paper Writing
- Chicago/ Turabian
- Data & Statistics
- Admission Writing Tips
- Admission Advice
- Other Guides
- Student Life
- Studying Tips
- Understanding Plagiarism
- Academic Writing Tips
- Basics of Dissertation & Thesis Writing
- Essay Guides
- Formatting Guides
- Basics of Research Process
- Admission Guides
- Dissertation & Thesis Guides
Table of contents
Use our free Readability checker
Some most difficult topics to solve are biology topics. They require special knowledge, a professional approach. You can choose different topics for research papers devoted to humans, animals, or certain diseases. After all, many scientific fields are understudied and require a modern view on problems. Biology is included in many academic fields. It is often interlaced with other disciplines. We will explain the nuances of choosing a topic. We will also suggest some really interesting directions that can make your research successful.
Biology Topics: How to Choose One for Your Research Paper
If you need good topics in biology, first ask your research advisor or colleagues in a field you are researching for help. They can tell you what is important in biology now and what you should study for your research paper writing . You can also try and find a topic on your own by following our advice:
- Do some brainstorming Pick out some keywords relevant to your field of study. Try formulating an exact topic for your thesis statement.
- Study your colleagues' recent writings Open a few popular texts, review them, and think about what is missing or if there's something new you could highlight in the topic you read.
- Focus on some nuances Choosing a general topic isn't a must. For example, instead of examining humanity's genetic processes, you could focus on gene replication and choose a specific unit.
You can also look for inspiration in related disciplines or recent news, it helps to find relevant topics.
Biology Topics: Best Ideas
We have extensive experience writing and publishing research papers. We also use biology topics to research pretty often. Among some other options, we can include environmental topics as well as those related to microbiology, molecular processes, and living organisms' DNA research. Below you will find many possible topics for writing both dissertations and other works in a scientific research field. Maybe you will need some ideas in the chemistry field, browse other of our blogs. We have an article dedicated to research topics chemistry .
Interesting Biology Topics
Some people think that interesting biology research topics just don't exist. Some students even believe that this science is filled with complicated terms from a bacteria world and microprocesses field. But we offer some popular ideas which are suitable for a college project:
- Microorganisms' immortality factors.
- Genetic prerequisites for an obesity condition's formation.
- Wild animals' domestication by a succession method.
- How do negative environmental conditions affect a human genetic code?
- False memories mechanism in adolescence.
- Biological weapons from 21st century warfare.
- Invertebrate temperature regulation mechanism in permafrost conditions.
- Genetic disease research role in the search for a cure for cancer.
- Hormonal connections in the human body.
- Greatest milestones in biology development.
Controversial Topics in Biology
Controversial topics in biology should be chosen only if preliminary work on the topic has shown possibilities for its disclosure. New species plants, cure for cancer, abortion, cloning problems and mechanisms – all these aspects cause massive discussions among scientific circles. Below, we have chosen some themes that we believe can be called controversial:
- How does a genetic code influence humans' racist worldview?
- Biological prejudice and abortion in Third World countries.
- Physical consequences of having a child from an immediate family member.
- Human cloning using "genetic scissors".
- Symbiosis of flora and fauna under extreme living conditions.
- Prerequisites for IQ decline during the COVID-19 epidemic.
- Biological consequences of drug testing on babies.
- Abortion procedures risks for women with twin pregnancies.
- Parthenogenesis in animals.
- How do microwaves affect chimpanzees' reproductive capacity?
Current Topics in Developmental Biology
Biologists are constantly tracking the development and phenomena of organisms, so there are always current topics in developmental biology that can make you a first researcher in a particular field. We offer the most interesting topics right here:
- Prerequisites endemic animal species' appearance.
- How does age affect cancer risks?
- Inborn genetic mutations' mechanism.
- Apoptosis' role in cupping incurable diseases.
- Unnatural deformations during plant development.
- How natural animal communities are used for modeling world development?
- Bicoid's role in a drosophila fly embryo's development.
- Lily flower development correlation in domestic and wild conditions.
- Transgenderism impacts on sexual diseases occurrence.
- Genetic implication of the herd instinct in African even-toed ungulates.
At StudyCrumb, paper writers work on such topics quickly like ABC. Order your research paper from StudyCrumb and forget about nightmares.
MCAT Biology Topics
Students choose among MCAT biology topics based on their specialization. They often go for history phenomena and human development's control. You should choose a topic relevant to your future field of work. Consider your study's results, which will help to achieve a good outcome. Among themes we recommend there are:
- Sleep's neurobiological factors and insomnia principles.
- Parasites' symbiotic relationship and carriers in clinical cases.
- Evolutionary biology of infectious diseases.
- Mechanism of slowing the body's addiction to narcotic pharmaceuticals.
- Brain tissue's self-repair after lesions by fungal infections.
- Visual-motor coordination under conditions of body overstress.
- Neurological processes' simulation in robotics.
- How do organic farming affect biological organisms' development?
- Music's relaxing effect on coma patients.
- Immunological reactions in a macroviruses' control.
Popular Biology Research Topics
Popular biology topics for research papers are most often related to facing consequences of the ecology deterioration (that results from using plastic, running factories, etc.) and the development of an organisms’ variety. They are easy enough to study, but if you want, you can always choose an unexpected direction that will ensure that you write a promising and top-notch paper. Possible topic choices include:
- Enzymes' role in the breaking down nutrients process.
- PCR reliability in identifying new generation viruses.
- Recent confirmation of evolution' Darwin's theory.
- A century-long retrospective on human impact on the biosphere.
- Natural factors that inhibit population growth.
- Probabilities of genetic inheritance under different environmental conditions.
- Heredity discovery in Gregor Mendel' s writings .
- Life tree concept in interracial relations.
- Nerve impulse transmission through artificial neurological pathways.
- Natural selection theory in protected areas.
Hot Topics in Biology
The hottest topics in biology deal with pressing issues and new phenomena in biology. Research on human behavior and its impact on living beings is very popular, but choices are not limited to these issues. The following topics are especially popular:
- Immunotherapy development and successes for cancer prevention.
- Methods to prevent unwanted mutations using CRISPR genetic correction.
- Increase of autoimmune diseases in countries with free access to antibiotics.
- Body reaction to transplantation of artificially grown organs.
- Combating hard drug addiction.
- Mechanisms of wild animal camouflaging during evolutionary processes.
- Body condition while following a vegan diet.
- Disruption of neural connections under the influence of environmental disasters.
- Risk of brain stimulation modes.
- Endangered plant species extinction and its impact on ecology.
Good Research Topics for Biology
Common good topics for biology research papers can be varied, because science may address even some simple phenomena in different ways. You can choose a topic about immune system or an accumulation effect of harmful elements in the body, but we suggest the following ideas:
- Best ecosystem analysis for homeothermic mammalian development.
- Microbiological research and natural stocks of beneficial bacteria replenishment.
- Features of eye color definition based on modern biological tools.
- Biological approach to the analysis of the ancient humans’ paleo diet.
- Hypnosis explanation in terms of biological processes.
- Modern drug addiction during the era of synthetic drugs development.
- Prerequisites and natural states of homosexuality in the animal world.
- An internal organ transplantation analysis in terms of organism predisposition.
- Correlation of pregnancy course in humans and other mammals.
- Hormonal malfunctions and their prevention in adulthood.
You may also need legal topics for your writing tasks. Just keep in mind that we have different topic ideas in many fields.
Biology Topics for Students
Biology research topics for students focus on the further development of current biological science. Students read historical phenomena as well as work with analysis of other scholars' papers. Below, we will take a look at some recommended topics for students of all grades.
Biology Topics for High School
Biology research topics for high school are usually not that complex. More often than not, they are used for students to understand a relationship between modern biology directions and ideas of other researchers. This is entry-level science, so it is not necessary to delve deeply into academic texts, and with that in mind we suggest these titles:
- Darwin's theory through the prism of modern biology.
- Analysis of the extinct evolutionary branches throughout human history.
- Vaccination history and current medical advances.
- Archaeological discoveries and their role in past biological innovations.
- Hunting consequences for endangered dolphin species.
- Prospects for communicating with primates at the current stage of biological development.
- Male pregnancy in the animal kingdom.
- Risk of obesity in domestic animals.
- How does venereal disease affect anxiety and depression?
- Analysis of harm to oceanic biospheres due to human activities.
Interesting science topics may come in handy if you are still not sure what to choose.
Biology Research Topics for College Students
Complexity of biology research topics for college students is not much different from high school, but there is more emphasis on invasive research and a study of important diseases from an advanced biology perspective. We suggest that you choose the following titles:
- Methods to prevent rejection of transplanted organs.
- Vaccination procedures: myths and real benefits.
- Analysis of immune system agents.
- Oxytocin's role in the human fear response.
- Factors of congenital heart disease morbidity growth.
- Schizophrenia and disease genetic background.
- Use of artificially grown organs in the future transplantology.
- Current possibilities of DNA editing to counteract aging.
- Endocrinological risk-taking factors.
- Legislation to restrict and prohibit abortion on a global scale.
Research Topics in Biology for Undergraduates
Research topics in biology for undergraduates are one of the most responsible types of work that is written during the learning phase. This is why people choose challenging titles that will form a basis for future larger-scale research. Papers are often devoted to a plant and animal world, as well as to highly specialized biology areas. Therefore, you may find these ideas useful:
- Hormonal spectrum mental disorders.
- Correlation between gender self-perception and mental health.
- Biological aspects of the bee family mass extinction.
- How does genetically modified meat products affect human development?
- Animal world resilience to external risk factors.
- Protection problems concerning rare and endangered animal species in the world.
- Cognitive neuroscience and its application in clinical therapy.
- Implications of molecular and genomic evolution.
- Explanation of sleep processes from a neurobiological perspective.
- Disease management opportunities in modern biology.
Marine Biology Topics
Taking into account a hydrosphere's importance to a world' s climate and the provision of resources for humans, interesting marine biology topics are easy to find. Often, the origins of species, current disorders, and what is left behind by developmental history are explored. We suggest the following titles for this research category:
- The uniqueness of the Galapagos biosphere.
- Changes in marine life with global water temperature increase.
- A biological perspective on coral formation mechanics.
- Comparison of artificial fisheries and natural reservoirs.
- Long-term effects of uncontrolled fishing in Asian countries.
- The effectiveness of various aquatic inhabitants camouflage.
- Military sonar has negative effects on the whale's sensory organs.
- Causes and consequences of heavy metal accumulation in fish organisms.
- Fishery organization ethical aspects.
- Bacteria diversity in the hydrosphere.
Cell Biology Topics
Cell biology research topics consider processes associated with living cells and how they influence other organisms. This is an important subject that does not only have a theoretical aspect, but also leads to scientific growth in a practical sense. We suggest these titles:
- Cellular entosis causes and consequences.
- Role of cell sticky parts during division and internalization.
- Axon homing in the nervous system and how this process affects the individual.
- A scientific perspective on bone tissue self-repair with cells.
- Ethical aspects of research on stem cells.
- Varieties of nutrient transport means between body cells.
- Cell self-protection mechanism in mitochondrial dysfunction.
- Mitotic kinase Aurora: a role in hereditary polycystic kidney disease development.
- Premature cell aging factors.
- Cutaneous cell culturing peculiarities in replacement therapy.
Molecular Biology Topics
Current molecular biology research topics require an in-depth understanding of the modern state of science and natural processes in organisms. Added complexity of research and technological progress provide opportunities to better study live organisms. To this end, you can use titles such as:
- Current trends review in molecular biochemistry.
- Protein biosynthesis in highly evolved organisms.
- Telomerase role in aging combating.
- Molecular research in modern ways.
- Nucleic acid sequencing historical overview.
- Immunoglobulins genetic control and molecular structure nuances.
- Structural and functional changes in the genome during a cell cycle.
- Somatic recombination in the modern biological world.
- Nucleic acid and protein studies involving gel electrophoresis.
- Non-canonical DNA forms.
Just a quick reminder, help in writing a research paper is always at your command.
Human Biology Topics
Despite some scientific development and an appearance of a bigger amount of new scholarly works, human biology research topics remain in demand. Diversity of human organisms and their complex structure is often the subject of scientific research, and therefore, we suggest such directions:
- Behavior control in neurotic brain processes.
- Kidney filtration capacity during a functional process.
- Biochemical processes in the brain during cardiac arrest.
- Full functionality review of a sodium-potassium pump.
- Cerebral cortex capacity and its purpose.
- Fiber structural aspects in skeletal muscle.
- Hormones production and their influence on an emotional state.
- Human population constant growth factors.
- An overview of the latest reproductive technologies.
- Biomechanical principles in prosthesis engineering.
Cool Biology Topics
If you want to find cool biology topics, be sure to do a thorough selection. Avoid hackneyed questions and recent formulations if possible. Only this way can you choose a really good area of focus and still ensure novelty in the scientific environment. Below, we will look at some interesting titles.
Environmental Biology Topics
It is no secret that global warming and continuing industrial growth make environmental biology topics very important and frequently discussed. It concerns topics about environmental science as well. This is a key to changing the world, so both those who are studying genetics and those who specialize in marine or evolutionary fields are working with an environment. In this category, we identify following themes:
- Use of plants in environmental assessment.
- "Green energy" and its planned impact on the world's ecological environment.
- Human ecology modern problems on a global scale.
- Soil and water pollution state in the largest industrial regions.
- Correlation of environmental quality and human aging rates.
- Ecology of the future analysis based on current trends.
- Changing endangered flora species under environmental impact.
- Environmental sustainability concept development.
- Balance between economic growth and environmental preservation.
- The Arctic Ocean biosphere in the context of global warming.
Buy research papers if you find these topics a bit too boring. Our experts are well-trained in academic writing and can deliver a quality research paper for you.
Conservation Biology Topics
There are lots of conservation biology research topics. Scientists are studying what technology factors affect living organisms. This includes their hormones and overall health. The results are widely used to further the fight to reduce emissions and stop poaching. We suggest 10 good titles:
- Natural consequences of uncontrolled deforestation in the Amazon.
- The effectiveness of modern wastewater treatment methods.
- Projecting the disappearance of the Aral Sea to the current situation.
- Ensuring food security with minimal impact on the world.
- Nuances of humanity's transition to natural gas.
- Methods and reality of cleaning the world's oceans from toxic waste.
- Effects biological species' desertification.
- Hetch Hetchy Valley Dam and its impact on the natural balance.
- Genetically modified plants' development in an increased consumption era.
- Soil condition marking by earthworms.
Evolutionary Biology Topics
Over 100 years have passed since the time of Darwin and other evolutionary scientists, but evolutionary biology research paper topics are still in demand. The works are most often devoted to biological evolution of certain basic populations and reach their highest development form. You can write a paper based on these titles:
- Biological connection of a wholesome society and an evolutionary movement.
- Scientific approach to the racial differentiation.
- Aspects of biological species' adaptability to its environment.
- Animal physiology adaptation to habitat.
- Sexual reproduction benefits.
- Principles and nuances of how formation of species works.
- Communication between bees through dancing.
- Endurance evolution through various animal movements.
- Reasons why cancer is invincible.
- Modern synthesis problems.
Say " I need help writing a paper for college " to one of our Support reps if anything in our article seemed too difficult or time-taking. We've got something practical to help you out.
Final Thoughts About Biology Topics
Above-mentioned biology topics are aimed not only at palliative measures to improve a quality of human life, but also at preventing irreparable human activity consequences. Even a researcher can conduct their own study of existing problems, thereby, contribute to a science development. In this case, your title must be chosen according to your own desires and interests. It will allow you to work effectively through all material. If you still didn't find the right topic we suggest using your Title Generator for more ideas.
Keep in mind that all our users can find interesting topics in various fields. For example nursing research topics , history topics , etc.
Did you choose a great topic, but don't have time for writing your research paper? Our professional writers will handle it for you! Check out our website and contact our academic assistants. They will make sure your assignment is top-notch and delivered before the deadline!
Frequently Asked Questions About Biology Topics
1. what are the biology topics about hormones.
Hormones biology topics, as the name implies, study a women and men hormonal state. We recommend that you choose a title that allows you to study a sought-after question. For example, you might consider hormone therapy effects on patients or older adults, as well as the weighty role that hormones play inside a woman's body.
2. What Are the Neurobiology Research Topics?
Neurobiology research topics are popular because they are used to study factors and processes in the brain. They help science of the future to move forward. The most popular topic is memory mechanism functioning and its relationship to a brain’s structure. You can also look at the factors and migraine causes or schizophrenia. After all, these concepts are poorly understood even considering current developments in science and technology.
3. What Are the Plant Biology Research Topics?
Plant biology research topics deal with a huge number of different ideas. In general, they relate to how plants function, or how they are affected by humans. For example, you can examine a starch formation mechanism in plants and toxin release characteristics as a defense against external factors. In addition, a topic of plants' impact on human well-being and life quality never ceases to be relevant.
4. What Are the Epidemiology Biology Topics?
Epidemiology biology topics are very relevant these days. They allow you to prevent epidemics and deal with their consequences. For example, you can study both types and characteristics of symbiotic relationships. You can also trace a work of a "predator-prey" model through epidemics examples.
Joe Eckel is an expert on Dissertations writing. He makes sure that each student gets precious insights on composing A-grade academic writing.
Choose Your Test
Sat / act prep online guides and tips, 113 great research paper topics.
One of the hardest parts of writing a research paper can be just finding a good topic to write about. Fortunately we've done the hard work for you and have compiled a list of 113 interesting research paper topics. They've been organized into ten categories and cover a wide range of subjects so you can easily find the best topic for you.
In addition to the list of good research topics, we've included advice on what makes a good research paper topic and how you can use your topic to start writing a great paper.
What Makes a Good Research Paper Topic?
Not all research paper topics are created equal, and you want to make sure you choose a great topic before you start writing. Below are the three most important factors to consider to make sure you choose the best research paper topics.
#1: It's Something You're Interested In
A paper is always easier to write if you're interested in the topic, and you'll be more motivated to do in-depth research and write a paper that really covers the entire subject. Even if a certain research paper topic is getting a lot of buzz right now or other people seem interested in writing about it, don't feel tempted to make it your topic unless you genuinely have some sort of interest in it as well.
#2: There's Enough Information to Write a Paper
Even if you come up with the absolute best research paper topic and you're so excited to write about it, you won't be able to produce a good paper if there isn't enough research about the topic. This can happen for very specific or specialized topics, as well as topics that are too new to have enough research done on them at the moment. Easy research paper topics will always be topics with enough information to write a full-length paper.
Trying to write a research paper on a topic that doesn't have much research on it is incredibly hard, so before you decide on a topic, do a bit of preliminary searching and make sure you'll have all the information you need to write your paper.
#3: It Fits Your Teacher's Guidelines
Don't get so carried away looking at lists of research paper topics that you forget any requirements or restrictions your teacher may have put on research topic ideas. If you're writing a research paper on a health-related topic, deciding to write about the impact of rap on the music scene probably won't be allowed, but there may be some sort of leeway. For example, if you're really interested in current events but your teacher wants you to write a research paper on a history topic, you may be able to choose a topic that fits both categories, like exploring the relationship between the US and North Korea. No matter what, always get your research paper topic approved by your teacher first before you begin writing.
113 Good Research Paper Topics
Below are 113 good research topics to help you get you started on your paper. We've organized them into ten categories to make it easier to find the type of research paper topics you're looking for.
- Discuss the main differences in art from the Italian Renaissance and the Northern Renaissance .
- Analyze the impact a famous artist had on the world.
- How is sexism portrayed in different types of media (music, film, video games, etc.)? Has the amount/type of sexism changed over the years?
- How has the music of slaves brought over from Africa shaped modern American music?
- How has rap music evolved in the past decade?
- How has the portrayal of minorities in the media changed?
- What have been the impacts of China's one child policy?
- How have the goals of feminists changed over the decades?
- How has the Trump presidency changed international relations?
- Analyze the history of the relationship between the United States and North Korea.
- What factors contributed to the current decline in the rate of unemployment?
- What have been the impacts of states which have increased their minimum wage?
- How do US immigration laws compare to immigration laws of other countries?
- How have the US's immigration laws changed in the past few years/decades?
- How has the Black Lives Matter movement affected discussions and view about racism in the US?
- What impact has the Affordable Care Act had on healthcare in the US?
- What factors contributed to the UK deciding to leave the EU (Brexit)?
- What factors contributed to China becoming an economic power?
- Discuss the history of Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies (some of which tokenize the S&P 500 Index on the blockchain) .
- Do students in schools that eliminate grades do better in college and their careers?
- Do students from wealthier backgrounds score higher on standardized tests?
- Do students who receive free meals at school get higher grades compared to when they weren't receiving a free meal?
- Do students who attend charter schools score higher on standardized tests than students in public schools?
- Do students learn better in same-sex classrooms?
- How does giving each student access to an iPad or laptop affect their studies?
- What are the benefits and drawbacks of the Montessori Method ?
- Do children who attend preschool do better in school later on?
- What was the impact of the No Child Left Behind act?
- How does the US education system compare to education systems in other countries?
- What impact does mandatory physical education classes have on students' health?
- Which methods are most effective at reducing bullying in schools?
- Do homeschoolers who attend college do as well as students who attended traditional schools?
- Does offering tenure increase or decrease quality of teaching?
- How does college debt affect future life choices of students?
- Should graduate students be able to form unions?
- What are different ways to lower gun-related deaths in the US?
- How and why have divorce rates changed over time?
- Is affirmative action still necessary in education and/or the workplace?
- Should physician-assisted suicide be legal?
- How has stem cell research impacted the medical field?
- How can human trafficking be reduced in the United States/world?
- Should people be able to donate organs in exchange for money?
- Which types of juvenile punishment have proven most effective at preventing future crimes?
- Has the increase in US airport security made passengers safer?
- Analyze the immigration policies of certain countries and how they are similar and different from one another.
- Several states have legalized recreational marijuana. What positive and negative impacts have they experienced as a result?
- Do tariffs increase the number of domestic jobs?
- Which prison reforms have proven most effective?
- Should governments be able to censor certain information on the internet?
- Which methods/programs have been most effective at reducing teen pregnancy?
- What are the benefits and drawbacks of the Keto diet?
- How effective are different exercise regimes for losing weight and maintaining weight loss?
- How do the healthcare plans of various countries differ from each other?
- What are the most effective ways to treat depression ?
- What are the pros and cons of genetically modified foods?
- Which methods are most effective for improving memory?
- What can be done to lower healthcare costs in the US?
- What factors contributed to the current opioid crisis?
- Analyze the history and impact of the HIV/AIDS epidemic .
- Are low-carbohydrate or low-fat diets more effective for weight loss?
- How much exercise should the average adult be getting each week?
- Which methods are most effective to get parents to vaccinate their children?
- What are the pros and cons of clean needle programs?
- How does stress affect the body?
- Discuss the history of the conflict between Israel and the Palestinians.
- What were the causes and effects of the Salem Witch Trials?
- Who was responsible for the Iran-Contra situation?
- How has New Orleans and the government's response to natural disasters changed since Hurricane Katrina?
- What events led to the fall of the Roman Empire?
- What were the impacts of British rule in India ?
- Was the atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki necessary?
- What were the successes and failures of the women's suffrage movement in the United States?
- What were the causes of the Civil War?
- How did Abraham Lincoln's assassination impact the country and reconstruction after the Civil War?
- Which factors contributed to the colonies winning the American Revolution?
- What caused Hitler's rise to power?
- Discuss how a specific invention impacted history.
- What led to Cleopatra's fall as ruler of Egypt?
- How has Japan changed and evolved over the centuries?
- What were the causes of the Rwandan genocide ?
- Why did Martin Luther decide to split with the Catholic Church?
- Analyze the history and impact of a well-known cult (Jonestown, Manson family, etc.)
- How did the sexual abuse scandal impact how people view the Catholic Church?
- How has the Catholic church's power changed over the past decades/centuries?
- What are the causes behind the rise in atheism/ agnosticism in the United States?
- What were the influences in Siddhartha's life resulted in him becoming the Buddha?
- How has media portrayal of Islam/Muslims changed since September 11th?
- How has the earth's climate changed in the past few decades?
- How has the use and elimination of DDT affected bird populations in the US?
- Analyze how the number and severity of natural disasters have increased in the past few decades.
- Analyze deforestation rates in a certain area or globally over a period of time.
- How have past oil spills changed regulations and cleanup methods?
- How has the Flint water crisis changed water regulation safety?
- What are the pros and cons of fracking?
- What impact has the Paris Climate Agreement had so far?
- What have NASA's biggest successes and failures been?
- How can we improve access to clean water around the world?
- Does ecotourism actually have a positive impact on the environment?
- Should the US rely on nuclear energy more?
- What can be done to save amphibian species currently at risk of extinction?
- What impact has climate change had on coral reefs?
- How are black holes created?
- Are teens who spend more time on social media more likely to suffer anxiety and/or depression?
- How will the loss of net neutrality affect internet users?
- Analyze the history and progress of self-driving vehicles.
- How has the use of drones changed surveillance and warfare methods?
- Has social media made people more or less connected?
- What progress has currently been made with artificial intelligence ?
- Do smartphones increase or decrease workplace productivity?
- What are the most effective ways to use technology in the classroom?
- How is Google search affecting our intelligence?
- When is the best age for a child to begin owning a smartphone?
- Has frequent texting reduced teen literacy rates?
How to Write a Great Research Paper
Even great research paper topics won't give you a great research paper if you don't hone your topic before and during the writing process. Follow these three tips to turn good research paper topics into great papers.
#1: Figure Out Your Thesis Early
Before you start writing a single word of your paper, you first need to know what your thesis will be. Your thesis is a statement that explains what you intend to prove/show in your paper. Every sentence in your research paper will relate back to your thesis, so you don't want to start writing without it!
As some examples, if you're writing a research paper on if students learn better in same-sex classrooms, your thesis might be "Research has shown that elementary-age students in same-sex classrooms score higher on standardized tests and report feeling more comfortable in the classroom."
If you're writing a paper on the causes of the Civil War, your thesis might be "While the dispute between the North and South over slavery is the most well-known cause of the Civil War, other key causes include differences in the economies of the North and South, states' rights, and territorial expansion."
#2: Back Every Statement Up With Research
Remember, this is a research paper you're writing, so you'll need to use lots of research to make your points. Every statement you give must be backed up with research, properly cited the way your teacher requested. You're allowed to include opinions of your own, but they must also be supported by the research you give.
#3: Do Your Research Before You Begin Writing
You don't want to start writing your research paper and then learn that there isn't enough research to back up the points you're making, or, even worse, that the research contradicts the points you're trying to make!
Get most of your research on your good research topics done before you begin writing. Then use the research you've collected to create a rough outline of what your paper will cover and the key points you're going to make. This will help keep your paper clear and organized, and it'll ensure you have enough research to produce a strong paper.
Are you also learning about dynamic equilibrium in your science class? We break this sometimes tricky concept down so it's easy to understand in our complete guide to dynamic equilibrium .
Thinking about becoming a nurse practitioner? Nurse practitioners have one of the fastest growing careers in the country, and we have all the information you need to know about what to expect from nurse practitioner school .
Want to know the fastest and easiest ways to convert between Fahrenheit and Celsius? We've got you covered! Check out our guide to the best ways to convert Celsius to Fahrenheit (or vice versa).
Need more help with this topic? Check out Tutorbase!
Our vetted tutor database includes a range of experienced educators who can help you polish an essay for English or explain how derivatives work for Calculus. You can use dozens of filters and search criteria to find the perfect person for your needs.
These recommendations are based solely on our knowledge and experience. If you purchase an item through one of our links, PrepScholar may receive a commission.
Christine graduated from Michigan State University with degrees in Environmental Biology and Geography and received her Master's from Duke University. In high school she scored in the 99th percentile on the SAT and was named a National Merit Finalist. She has taught English and biology in several countries.
Student and Parent Forum
Our new student and parent forum, at ExpertHub.PrepScholar.com , allow you to interact with your peers and the PrepScholar staff. See how other students and parents are navigating high school, college, and the college admissions process. Ask questions; get answers.
Ask a Question Below
Have any questions about this article or other topics? Ask below and we'll reply!
Improve With Our Famous Guides
- For All Students
The 5 Strategies You Must Be Using to Improve 160+ SAT Points
How to Get a Perfect 1600, by a Perfect Scorer
Series: How to Get 800 on Each SAT Section:
Score 800 on SAT Math
Score 800 on SAT Reading
Score 800 on SAT Writing
Series: How to Get to 600 on Each SAT Section:
Score 600 on SAT Math
Score 600 on SAT Reading
Score 600 on SAT Writing
Free Complete Official SAT Practice Tests
What SAT Target Score Should You Be Aiming For?
15 Strategies to Improve Your SAT Essay
The 5 Strategies You Must Be Using to Improve 4+ ACT Points
How to Get a Perfect 36 ACT, by a Perfect Scorer
Series: How to Get 36 on Each ACT Section:
36 on ACT English
36 on ACT Math
36 on ACT Reading
36 on ACT Science
Series: How to Get to 24 on Each ACT Section:
24 on ACT English
24 on ACT Math
24 on ACT Reading
24 on ACT Science
What ACT target score should you be aiming for?
ACT Vocabulary You Must Know
ACT Writing: 15 Tips to Raise Your Essay Score
How to Get Into Harvard and the Ivy League
How to Get a Perfect 4.0 GPA
How to Write an Amazing College Essay
What Exactly Are Colleges Looking For?
Is the ACT easier than the SAT? A Comprehensive Guide
Should you retake your SAT or ACT?
When should you take the SAT or ACT?
Get the latest articles and test prep tips!
Looking for Graduate School Test Prep?
Check out our top-rated graduate blogs here:
GRE Online Prep Blog
GMAT Online Prep Blog
TOEFL Online Prep Blog
Holly R. "I am absolutely overjoyed and cannot thank you enough for helping me!”
200+ Best Biology Research Topics for Every Student in 2023
What is Biology Research?
Biological research is an access that is a peer-reviewed journal to encompass the different fields of biology like biochemistry, physiology, botany, zoology, bioinformatics, microbiology, biotechnology, etc. This blog will discuss Biology Research Topics for Every Student around the globe.
How to write Finest Biology Research Paper?
Below is the way how to write a Biology Research Paper Writing? Step-by-Step Guide:
- Write a proper title: The title of your biology research paper is the opening statement based on the given topic.
- Abstract: It is a short summary from the beginning to the end of the paper. You always need to remember your objective while writing your abstract part. The reader needs to know what your biology research paper is all about, and the results are needed to be clearly presented in it.
- Introduction: It is a self-explanatory part of your biology research paper where you can present the gist of the paper and its goal.
- Methods: This section explains how the biology laboratory tests are carried out and how one can copy the procedure.
- Results: You need to present the results obtained from the experiment, and can be figure based
- Discussion: Here, the author discusses the results and things that are affected by them. Here also you need to discuss your own opinion regarding the results and what is expected from them.
- Literature cited: This is the reference section that is related to the citation inserted within the text.
Explore List of Biology Research Topics for Students
Biology research paper topics.
- CRISPR and Genetic Engineering: Today, genetic engineering and research are becoming extremely useful and popular all over the world.
- Prions : It can cure a lot of genetically induced diseases
- Cancer biology : it can cure cancer in the near future
- Climate change : This is one of the major issues in today’s civilization
- Genetic engineering : It is a very beneficial branch of study worldwide. It has a very bright future.
- Epidemiology : This study is very much essential today when the entire human society is under the threat of a pandemic
- Coronavirus : It is one of the major headaches in today’s world.
- Behavioural economics : It is always to know about behavioural economics students.
- Astrobiology is one of the latest areas of study in the bioscience field.
- Endangered Species Recovery : This study will really help in protecting and conserving endangered species around the globe.
Biology Research Topics for College Students
- Theoretical foundations of humankind origins: It is perhaps one of the very fundamental studies in biology
- Genetics behind human physical features: This forms the basis of bioscience studies.
- Immune system diseases: The study can greatly help medical science
- Gestation periods in mammals: It is needed for an in-depth study and research in zoology.
- Hormonal control: human reproduction: It is essential for the gynaecology and human fertilization area.
- Current science on oxytocin and serotonin: The study is the first step towards hormonal studies
- Protection of rare species: The study is closely related to the study of ecology.
- Does vaccination have benefits: This is a very important topic in the age of the pandemic.
- The science behind drug addiction: The study is very much needed for the youth.
- Infectious diseases: This study is quite necessary today.
Biology Research Topics for High School Students
- Human cloning, abortion, genetic research: this is the newest research and studies
- Endocrinology, a hormone research topic: essential for the study of human anatomy
- Human Immune system: The study can reduce diseases to a very large extent
- Cell biology researches: This is a very preliminary research field
- Molecular Biology Research: The basic research area
- Ecology-concerning Subject topics: You need to study this for maintaining biological balance in the entire biosphere
- Plant Pathology: It is an essential study field in the stream of botany
- Ecology-concerning Subjects: You always need to be aware of this
- Evolutionary Biology Research Topics: This can be studied at the high school level of education
- Neurobiology Research Topics: This will help in dealing with various neural disorders
Get Help With Your Dissertation
If you need assistance with writing your dissertation, our professional dissertation writing service is here to help!
Cell Biology Research Topics
- Lipid metabolism in cells: It has relation to the study of human hormones
- Cell division: Needed for human growth
- Neuro cells: It forms the basis of nerves
- Normal functioning of different cells and tissues: A general area of study
- Cell metabolism: It is responsible for all the functions in our body
- Cytoskeletal cross talks: Related to the muscle cells or the skeletal muscle cells
- Muscle cells: Applicable to all types of voluntary as well involuntary muscles of the human body
- Hair cells research: Relate to the cochlea of the ear
- Cell component study: It is a basic study field
- Blood cell research and stem cell research: This will be useful in curing various genetic disorders in human beings
Zoology Biology Research Topics
- Asian elephants vs human speech patterns
- Oyster genomes vs adaptation
- Darwin’s work in the Galapagos Islands
- Giant squids: Fact vs fiction
- Asian carp: Invasive species analysis
- Parasites and disease
- Coyote vs hybrid wolf species in the United States
- Migration patterns of killer bees
- Biodiversity vs plankton
- The treatment of species in Melville’s Moby Dick
Also Read: Top 120+ Best Ideas for Research Paper Topics 2023
Animal Biology Research Topics
- Animal products and human health: It is related to human consumption of animal products
- Poultry farming: It is related to human consumption of birds and eggs, especially chicken and ducks
- Fishery: It is the culture of different types of fish for human consumption
- Dairy: Its usefulness as an animal product
- Deer: It is a rare animal product
- Livestock: Deals with the rearing of cattle for farming and agriculture purposes
- Muscle biology and meat science: It is associated with human consumption of animal flesh
- Safety of animal food: This is a basic hygiene
- Animal food quality: The study is important for human health after consuming animal products
Botany Biology Research Topics
- Cellulose: Study of carbohydrates
- Cotton: plant product
- Cocaine: harmful plant product
- Flower: related to botany
- Forestry; related ecology
- Forests: related to soil conservation
- Leaf: essential for photosynthesis
- Horticulture: a study of agriculture
- Agriculture and photosynthesis: Needed for human nutrition and survival
- Marijuana: banned plant product in many countries
Developmental Biology Research Topics
- Cardiovascular System Development
- Excretory System Development
- Digestive System Development
- Gastrulation and Germ Layer Formation
- Gametes and Fertilization
- Immune System Development
- Muscular System Development
- Morphogenesis, Embryonic Patterning and Axis Formation
- Nervous System Development
- Skeletal System Development
Marine Biology Research Topics
- Aquatic Microbiology: microbes in water
- Coastal Ocean Processes: oceanic life
- Aquatic Physiology: a study of hydrosphere
- Coral Reef Research: a study of the oceanic world
- Deep-Sea Environments and Ecology: a study of marine life
- Marine Affairs and Policy: a study of deep marine life
- Oceanic discoveries: interesting topic on marine life
- Marine Affairs and Policy.: needed for industrialization
- Global Change and the Future Ocean.: conservation of oceanic life
- Oceanic life conservation: shark conservation
Molecular Biology Research Topics
- Cell signalling vs differentiation
- Cellular evolution
- Cellular organization and dynamics
- Gene regulation, chromatin and epigenetics
- Metabolism and metabolomics
- Genetics and genomics
- Microbiology and virology
- Molecular medicine and disease mechanisms
Ecology Topics for Research Paper
- Maternal structure
- Transcriptomic changes in plant species
- Discovery of various species
- Defining population variation regarding the carnivorous population structure
- The evolution of social complexity in humans
- The effect of invaders on communities of soil fungi
- What is the history of manure?
- evolution of social complexity in humans
- eating habit-changing trends
- application of social ecology
Also, Read This: Best Dissertation Topics and Ideas for Academic Writing in 2023
Human Biology Research Topics
- How can stem cells form different tissues
- Duplication of genomes
- How are tumours formed?
- Different congenital disabilities
- Plasticity of development
- Anticancer drugs mixtures
- Interactions between genes and the environment
- Most deadly viruses
- Drosophila Oogenesis
- Developmental diseases: Origin
Genetics Research Topics
- Cytogenetic: Karyotyping
- Behavioural genetics
- Molecular genetics: Molecular basis for inheritance
- Epigenetics: Molecular basis
- Genomics: Genome analysis
- Population genetics
- Medical genetics: Types of a genetic disorder
- Human mitochondrial genetics
Evolutionary Biology Research Paper Topics
- Host-parasite coevolution
- Evolution of immunity and immune systems
- Evolutionary ecology of parasites
- Sexual selection and sexual conflict
- Social evolution
- Natural selection in the wild.
- Reproductive allocation vs life-history evolution.
- The evolution of sex differences in cognition
- Natural selection in the wild
- Human evolution
Neurobiology Biology Research Topics
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
Biotechnology Research Topics
- Vaccine development
- COVID 19 pandemic
- Virology researches
- Respiratory viruses
- RNA-based Therapeutics
- Microvesicles + Extracellular Vesicles
- Metabolism in Cancers + Other Diseases
- Human Microbiome
- genetic researches
- Study of genetically transmitted diseases with possible treatments
Biology Research Paper Topics for COVID-19
- Effect of COVID-19 on the society
- Effective vaccination to prevent COVID 19
- Can COVID-19 vaccines be suitable for children below 12 years of age
- After effects of COVID 19
- COVID 19 symptoms
- Most harmful strains of COVID 19
- COVID-19 effects on the animal world
- Experiments on various strains of COVID 19
- Precautions for COVID 19
- Types of effective masks to prevent coronavirus spread
Human Behaviour and Hormones Biology Research Topics
- Define the basic terminology and basic principles of hormone–behaviour interactions.
- What is the role of hormones in behavioural sex differentiation?
- Examples of some common hormone–behaviour interactions.
- What is the role of hormones in aggressive behaviour?
- Give examples of some common hormone–behaviour interactions.
- What is the significance of some hormones associated with normal body functioning
- How can hormonal imbalance contribute to depression
- What are basic hormonal changes during pregnancy
- Psychological Disorders: The Biological Basis
- Current Oxytocin Science
Ethology Research Paper Topics
- Observing monkey behaviour
- Behavioural observation of new zoo habitat for elephants
- Interactive enrichment for great apes
- Neuroscience research with guinea pigs
- Chicken welfare
- Domesticated vs wild animals
- Can rat social behaviour be monitored
- Spatial learning in rats
- Zebrafish studies
- Effect of pheromones on animals
Immunology Biology Research Topics
- Transplantation and All immunity
- B cell Biology.
- Antigen Presenting Cell Biology.
- Autoimmune and Autoinflammatory Disorders vs Autoimmune Disorders.
- Comparative Immunology.
- Cancer Immunity vs Immunotherapy.
- Cytokines and Soluble Mediators in Immunity.
- Tumour Immunology
- transplantation immunology
Thus, you can see here that writing a good assignment on any biology research topic is challenging. So you always need the best biology assignment writing service provider in this regard. Casestudyhelp.com is always the top choice for you in this regard.
- We are always the best provider of the biology research assignment paper
- We provide 24/7 hours of online service
- The top scholars in various fields of biology always work with us
- Our top team of writing experts will always provide you with quality content
- Top-quality content is provided by our highly experienced and qualified writing team
- A lot of research and studies are conducted by our experts to provide you with quality content
- We always provide hundred per cent plagiarism free and error-free assignment content
- We only provide you with customized services
All our students from all across the world are very happy and satisfied with our services. So, join us soon.
Hi, I am Louis Hill, the author of this blog. I am a well-experienced academic writer. We’ll help make your writing shine.
What are the best business research topics for 2023, top 120+ best ideas for research paper topics 2023, best economics research topics and ideas for students in 2023, top 80+ human resources research topics for 2022, 210+ fascinating entrepreneurship research paper topics of 2023.