- South Africa School Math
Grade 4 Math
- Competitive Exams
- Quick Topics
Grade 4 (All topics)
Assign unlimited online tests as assignments.
Printable worksheets with 10 questions in PDF format
Unlimited adaptive online practice on this topic. Practice that feels like play! Get shields, trophies, certificates and scores. Master this topic as you play.
Take/Assign unlimited online tests on this topic.
Maths Grade 4 Past Exam Papers and Memos for Revision
Mathematics (Maths) Grade 4 Past Exam Papers and Memos for Revision: The papers are for term 1, term 2, term 3, and term 4 past papers and control tests. These papers help students when they do revision studies. The Grade 4 previous papers also help teachers to assess the students. Previous papers help students to learn how to answer exam questions, practice managing their exam-allocated time, and also to find common exam questions.
Table of Contents
Video: Multiplication Made Easy | Mathematics Grade 4 | Periwinkle
List of Maths Grade 4 Past Exam Papers and Memos for Revision
2020 november maths exam:, 2014 ana grade 4 english mathematics test:, 2014 ana grade 4 mathematics english memo:, 2013 grade 4 mathematics test:, 2013 grade 4 mathematics memo:.
No related posts found.
Leave a comment Cancel reply
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser or activate Google Chrome Frame to improve your experience.
Grade 4 Mathematics Resources for teachers, Lesson plans, Notes, Worksheets. All CAPS aligned
Do you have an educational app, video, ebook, course or eResource?
Contribute to the Western Cape Education Department's ePortal to make a difference.
You are here: Home → MM South African Version → Grade 4
Math Mammoth Grade 4, South African Version
Math Mammoth Grade 4, South African Version is a complete maths program for 4th grade. It consists of two student worktexts (A and B), a separate answer key for each worktext, tests, mixed revisions, and an additional worksheet maker (Internet access required) to make extra practice worksheets when needed.
Grade 4 contents and samples Placement tests
Prices & ordering
Includes part A and B worktexts, answer keys, tests, mixed revisions, a worksheet maker, and Soft-Pak.
At the heart of the curriculum are two student worktexts (A and B), each covering about half a year of maths work. These worktexts contain all the instruction and the exercises in the same book — which makes lesson preparation a breeze. The worktexts are written directly to the student, and thus they allow many children to teach themselves and to learn directly from the books.
You will also get separate answer keys, chapter tests, additional cumulative reviews (I do recommend you use at least some of them), and a versatile worksheet maker (Internet access required) for those times when your child needs just a bit more practice.
- Math Mammoth focuses on conceptual understanding . It explains the "WHY", so your children can understand the math, not just learn "HOW" to do it.
- Concepts are often explained with visual models , followed by exercises using those models. These visual models can take the place of manipulatives for many children; however, it is very easy to add corresponding manipulatives to the lessons if so desired.
- The curriculum is mastery-oriented . This means it concentrates fairly long on a topic, delving into its various aspects. This promotes conceptual understanding, as opposed to spiral curricula that often tend to jump from topic to topic too much.
- There is a strong emphasis on mental maths and number sense .
- The curriculum has no separate teacher's manual nor is it scripted. The introduction to each chapter has some notes for the teacher concerning the material in the chapter. All the instruction is written directly to the student in the worktext, and there also exist accompanying videos where you can see Maria herself teach the material.
- After each chapter introduction, you will find a list of Internet links and resources (games, quizzes, animations, etc.) that can be used for fun, illustrations, and further practice.
Additional features for the digital version (download)
- The PDF files can be filled in on a computer, phone, or tablet, using the annotation tools found in many PDF apps. Learn more .
- BONUS! The digital download also comes with BONUS Soft-Pak programs. The 6 programs in Soft-Pak (4 math, 1 language arts, 1 list maker) offer both on-screen and printable activities in a low-graphic, high content format. Read more and see screenshots .
Overview of topics
The third chapter is all about multiplication. After briefly revising the concept and the times tables, the focus is on learning multi-digit multiplication (multiplication algorithm). The children also learn why it works when they multiply in parts. We also study the order of operations again, touch on proportional reasoning, and do more money and change related word problems.
Fractions and decimals are presented last in the school year. These two chapters practice only some of the basic operations with fractions and decimals. The focus is still on conceptual understanding and on building a good foundation towards 5th grade math, where fractions and decimals will be in focus. When you use these books as your only or main mathematics curriculum, they can be like a "framework," but you do have some liberty in organizing the study schedule. Chapters 1, 2, and 3 should be studied in this order, but you can be flexible with chapters 4 (Time and Measuring) and 6 (Geometry) and schedule them somewhat earlier or later if you so wish. Chapter 3 (Multiplication) needs to be studied before long division in Chapter 5. Many topics from chapters 7 and 8 (Fractions and Decimals) can also be studied earlier in the school year; however finding parts with division should naturally be studied only after mastering division.
- The names used are South African names (such as Ansie and Jali).
- The currency used in word problems is rand. The money chapter teaches both rand and cents.
- The material is "all metric". In other words, the US customary measuring units are not used.
- Spelling is British English instead of American English.
- Paper size is A4.
- Geographic locations used emphasise South African locations (such as Pretoria, Johannesburg).
Skills Review Workbook
Math Mammoth Skills Review Workbook, Grade 4 provides additional practice for the topics in Math Mammoth Grade 4 curriculum. I recommend you only purchase it once you are sure the student does need supplemental practice. Learn more.
Here is a list of manipulatives that are needed or recommended for grade 4. Measuring tapes are only used in the measuring chapter.
- A protractor (for 4-B).
- A ruler that measures in centimetres (for 4-A and 4-B).
- A measuring tape that measures in metres (for 4-A).
- Fraction manipulatives . The curriculum contains printables to make your own fraction manipulatives. The text uses visual pie models extensively, and students even learn to draw them for themselves for the exercises, therefore making or buying the manipulatives is entirely optional (optional; for 4-B).
Reviews & testimonials
Review of Math Mammoth by mommybugg238
Review of Math Mammoth from You've Got This Math (focusing on MM grade 4)
How and where to order
You can buy Math Mammoth South African version here at MathMammoth.com website — simply use the "Add to cart" buttons you see on the product pages.
By purchasing any of the books, permission IS granted for the teacher (or parent) to reproduce this material to be used with his/her students in a teaching situation; not for commercial resale. However, you are not permitted to share the material with another teacher.
In other words, you are permitted to make copies for the students/children you are teaching, but not for other teachers' usage.
© 2006-2023 MathMammoth.com
Free Grade 4 Exam Papers South Africa, Tests and Assessments, Answers, Notes Lessons and Worksheets
Grade 4 Question Papers, Notes, and Study Guides: 2022, 2021, 2020: Hello, Grade 4 Learner. On this section you will find Grade 4 Revision Notes and Past Exam Papers, Controlled Test, Assessments, Examination Scope for Learners, Workbooks and Worksheets, Marking Guidelines for Teachers, Exemplars and Preparatory Exam papers, Preliminary (Prelim) papers for different years, Youtube lessons for the specific lessons, Notes and more.
- Revision Notes Materials: We have gathered plenty of study notes for CAPS and IEB curriculums for: Term 1, Term 2, Term 3, and Term 4.
- Previous Exam Question Papers: Past Exam Papers include February/March, June, September, and November the following years: 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, and 2016. Memorandum Question Papers (English and Afrikaans) Memos (English and Afrikaans). You will also find exemplars preparatory exam papers for: Gauteng, Limpopo, Western Cape, Eastern Cape, Northern Cape, Kwazulu Natal, Mpumalanga, Free State, and North West Province.
- Study Guides and Textbooks: We have a collection of textbooks and study guides for learners who wish to pass their exams. Some a free and some you have to purchase.
- Teaching Resources: There are plenty of resources for Teachers such as CAPS Document, Annual Teaching Plans , and Teacher Guides
Free Grade 4 Exam Papers + Worksheets South Africa, Per Subject
Afrikaans grade 4, english grade 4, isindebele grade 4, isixhosa grade 4, life skills grade 4, social sciences grade 4, isizulu grade 4, natural science and technology grade 4, mathematics grade 4, sesotho grade 4, setswana grade 4, xitsonga grade 4, latest grade 4 learning resources.
Cultural Groups in South Africa: Grade 4 Lesson
South Africa is a diverse and culturally rich country located at the southern tip of the African continent. It is known for its stunning landscapes, wildlife, and, most importantly, its people. South Africa is home to a wide variety of cultural groups, each with its own unique traditions, languages, and customs. In this Grade 4 lesson, we will embark on…
Why Smooth Soles on Shoes Make it Difficult to Walk on a Polished Floor
On this page, we explain why smooth soles on shoes make it difficult to walk on a polished floor: Title: The Slippery Issue: Why Smooth Soles Make it Difficult to Walk on Polished Floors Walking is a routine, often mindless activity, until we step onto a polished floor with shoes that have smooth soles. Suddenly, every step becomes a risky…
Why my Body is Important to me: Grade 4 Lesson
Why my Body is Important to me: Grade 4 Lesson: Our bodies are incredibly important to us, and there are many reasons why. Video Lesson: Interesting facts about The Human Body Why my Body is Important to me: Grade 4 Lesson Here are some key points to help explain why the body is important to a Grade 4 student: Protection:…
7 Life Process Lesson for Grade 4
7 Life Process Lesson for Grade 4: The seven life processes are important because they represent the basic functions that all living things need to carry out in order to survive and thrive. Understanding these processes is essential to understanding the biology of living organisms. 7 Life Process Lesson for Grade 4 Movement: Let’s start with movement! Did you know…
Social Science Grade 4 Term 1 Project: Local History
Social Science Grade 4 Term 1 Project: Local History on Museum Display TASK: A MUSEUM DISPLAY (AN INTERACTIVE MUSEUM OF EVERYDAY OBJECTS WITH LABELS TO GIVE THEM MEANING) OF YOUR LOCAL AREA. INSTRUCTIONS TO THE LEARNERS: STEP 1: 1. Gather information from your local area (past or present) and make a museum display of every day objects. 2. Collect different…
Reasons Why we Round off Numbers: Mathematics Lesson
Reasons Why we Round off Numbers: Mathematics Lesson. Rounding off numbers is a way of simplifying numbers that have many decimal places or digits. This is often done to make calculations and measurements easier to understand and work with. 5 Examples of Where Round-off Numbers is Necessary Examples of when we round off numbers include: Calculating a final grade in…
IsiXhosa HL FAL Grade 4 ATP 2024 PDF Download
This page contains IsiXhosa HL FAL Grade 4 Revised Annual Teaching Plan (ATP) for 2024 pdf: Term 1, Term 2, Term 3, and Term 4. IsiXhosa HL FAL Grade 4 falls under Intermediate Phase section. IsiXhosa HL FAL Grade 4 Annual Teaching Plan (ATP) 2024 The ATP Guide (Teacher Guide) is for IsiXhosa HL FAL Grade 4 and contains a full-year…
IsiZulu HL FAL Grade 4 ATP 2024 PDF Download
This page contains IsiZulu HL FAL Grade 4 Revised Annual Teaching Plan (ATP) for 2024 pdf: Term 1, Term 2, Term 3, and Term 4. IsiZulu HL FAL Grade 4 falls under Intermediate Phase section. IsiZulu HL FAL Grade 4 Annual Teaching Plan (ATP) 2024 The ATP Guide (Teacher Guide) is for IsiZulu HL FAL Grade 4 and contains a full-year…
Setswana HL FAL Grade 4 ATP 2024 PDF Download
This page contains Setswana HL FAL Grade 4 Revised Annual Teaching Plan (ATP) for 2024 pdf: Term 1, Term 2, Term 3, and Term 4. Setswana HL FAL Grade 4 falls under Intermediate Phase section. Setswana HL FAL Grade 4 Annual Teaching Plan (ATP) 2024 The ATP Guide (Teacher Guide) is for Setswana HL FAL Grade 4 and contains a full-year…
Social Sciences Grade 4 ATP 2024 PDF Download
This page contains Social Sciences Grade 4 Revised Annual Teaching Plan (ATP) for 2024 pdf: Term 1, Term 2, Term 3, and Term 4. Social Sciences Grade 4 falls under Intermediate Phase section. Social Sciences Grade 4 Annual Teaching Plan (ATP) 2024 The ATP Guide (Teacher Guide) is for Social Sciences Grade 4 and contains a full-year assessment guide as well…
COMPLETE GUIDE TO SOUTH AFRICAN SCHOOLS AND UNIVERSITIES
These worksheets and corresponding answer papers have been compiled by curriculum specialists and education professionals. They are designed primarily to aid lesson revision.
Grade 4 – Afrikaans HL – Bywoorde
Grade 4 – English HL – Adjectives 1 new
Grade 4 – English HL – Comprehension
Grade 4 – English HL – Comprehension 2 new
Grade 4 – Maths – Relationship signs
Grade 4 – Maths-Multiples Factors Primes_Composites
Grade 4 – Maths – Input Output Machines
Grade 4 – Maths – Fractions
Grade 4 – Maths – Adding Fractions
Grade 4 – Maths – Subtracting Fractions
Grade 4 – natural sciences – identifying changes.
Grade 4 – Nat. Science – Phases & properties of matter
Grade 4 – Natural Science – Change of state new
Grade 4 – Nat. Science – Living and non-living things
Grade 4 – Natural Science – Structure of plants
Grade 4 – Natural Science – The Moon 2
Grade 4 – Natural Science – The Moon 1
Grade 4 – Natural Science – Planet Earth & Sun
Grade 4 – Natural Sciences – Properties of materials
Grade 4 – Natural Sciences – Our Solar System
Grade 4 – Maths – Time 1
Grade 4 – Maths – Time 2
Grade 4 – Maths – Perimeter
Grade 4 – Maths – Area
Grade 4 – English HL – Synonyms and Antonyms
Grade 4 – English HL – Subjects & Verbs
Grade 4 – English HL – Parts of Speech
Grade 4 – English HL – Nouns
Grade 4 – English HL – Language
Grade 4 – English HL – Comprehension 3
Grade 4 – English HL – Abbreviations
Grade 4 – Afrikaans H – Meervoude
Grade 4 – Afrikaans H – Afkappingsteken
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
- Addition to make 100
- Adding 2 or 3 Digit numbers
- Adding Small Numbers: Mental maths
- Easy Word Problems in Addition
- Tricky Word Problems for IB framework
- Number Lines Subtraction
- Subtraction Sets
- Add 9 to a number
- Fact Families
- Subtracting from 3 digits
- Multiples of a number
- Subtraction Word Problem
- Subtraction Word Problems from $1000
- Comparing Fractions
- Fractions Word Problems
- Equivalent Fractions
- Improper Fractions
- Mixed Fractions
- Reducing Fractions to Lowest Term
- Fraction Word Problems
- Adding Fractions with Like denominators
- Subtracting Fractions with Like denominators
- Pie Chart: Data Handling
- Line Graphs: Data handling
- Horizontal Bar Graph
- Measurement Conversion Chart
- Estimating Length
- Convert between cm and mm
- Convert between cm, m and km
- Convert between feet and yard
- Finding Multiples
- Multiplying by Partioning
- Multiplication with Arrays
- Drawing Arrays
- Doubling & Halving
- Word Problems
- Word Problems PYP level
- Real life Word Problems
- Place Value & Partitioning
- Counting Multiples
- Expanded form of Numbers
- 4 Ways to Write a Number
- Identify the Place Value
- Counting on
- Place Value challenging questions
- Number Sequences
- Position & Movement
- Time Interval
- Elapsed Time
- Time Problems
- Decimals & Tenths
- Equivalent FDP
- Converting FDP
- Equal groups & Division
- Division Word Problems
- Inverse Operations
- Dividing 2-digit by 1-digit
- Word problems Division
- Ratio & Proportion
- Division Vocabulary chart
- Multi Step word problems
- Class 4 Word Problems
- Line Graphs
- Measuring Mass
- Measuring Volume
- Volume and Capacity word problems
- Reading Scale
- Area & Perimeter Word Problems
- Area & Perimeter Calculations
- Class 1 Math Workbook
- Measurement: Long and Short
- Measuring Height
- Mixed Word Problems
- Multi step Multiplication
- Jugs and Mugs
- Carts and Wheels
- Carts and Wheels Word Problems
- Play with Patterns
- Number Patterns
- Fields and Fences
- Area and Perimeter Word Problems
- Bar Graphs: Data Handling
Grade 4 Math worksheets of Decimals ,Fractions, Place Value, Geometry, Measurement, data handling and more for FREE, all in one place for teachers and students.
Curriculum: the worksheets here are generally suitable for students studying in cbse/ ncert/scert, icse, ib (pyp), singapore math, cambridge primary, uk national, k12 common core standards, australian, new zealand & all international curriculum..
In this Grade 4 Free Maths Worksheet section, you will find useful worksheets of Number & Place Value, Standard & Expanded form of numbers, Counting, Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division & real life word problems related to them, Fact Families, Multiples, Venn Diagram, Math strategies, Ratio & Proportion, Fractions, Ordering & comparing fractions, Equivalent fractions, Mixed fractions, Improper fractions, subtracting fractions and word problems related to that, Decimals including tenths & hundredths, Converting fractions & decimals, Measurement, Area & Perimeter, Measurement Word Problems, Telling time, Position & Movement, Data Handling, Graphs and more.
The worksheets in www.grade1to6.com are designed to encourage students to be Thinkers, yes, we also have some drills worksheet for better number sense. Education, especially Math is about both Understanding & Practicing, so try to solve as many as possible.
Please note that very consciously there are No Answer Sheets for our worksheets, we would like the student to first understand, attempt and if they still find it difficult to solve ask the help of parents or teachers, understand the problems given and then solve it.
With the aim of spreading education in a fun manner, our company provides and encourages printable worksheets which can be printed and then used. The writing develops the motor skills of the students and encourages them to be independent in their thinking and working.
Worksheets created by Math & English teachers of international repute.
Become a member for Rs 2000 (Indian) or $ 25 (International) a year today to access over 6,000 worksheets. On becoming a member, you can access the worksheets of Math & English for Grade 1 to Grade 6 for a full year. You can download & print as many worksheets you wish to.
You can also buy our E-workbooks by grade and subject.
Help and Support
- Advertising & Marketing
- Terms and Conditions
BeeOne Media Private Limited Mayur Vihar, Phase - I Delhi - 110091 Email: [email protected] +91 99109 88727 (Phone and WhatsApp)
For any IPR(including Copyright) Licensing or other Contractual & Legal issues please contact our Attorneys:
COPYRIGHT © GRADE1TO6.COM (A UNIT OF BEEONE MEDIA PVT. LTD.) New Delhi, 2016. All Rights Reserved.