- Home |
- About |
- Contact Us |
- Privacy |
- Copyright |
- Shop |
- 🔍 Search Site
- Halloween Color By Number
- Halloween Dot to Dot
- Kindergarten Halloween Sheets
- 1st Grade Halloween Sheets
- Puzzles & Challenges for Older Kids
- Christmas Worksheets
- Easter Color By Number Sheets
- Printable Easter Dot to Dot
- Easter Worksheets for kids
- All Generated Sheets
- Place Value Generated Sheets
- Addition Generated Sheets
- Subtraction Generated Sheets
- Multiplication Generated Sheets
- Division Generated Sheets
- Money Generated Sheets
- Negative Numbers Generated Sheets
- Fraction Generated Sheets
- Place Value Zones
- Number Bonds
- Addition & Subtraction
- Times Tables
- Fraction & Percent Zones
- All Calculators
- Fraction Calculators
- Percent calculators
- Area & Volume Calculators
- Age Calculator
- Height Calculator
- Roman Numeral Calculator
- Coloring Pages
- Fun Math Sheets
- Math Puzzles
- Mental Math Sheets
- Online Times Tables
- Online Addition & Subtraction
- Math Grab Packs
- All Math Quizzes
- 1st Grade Quizzes
- 2nd Grade Quizzes
- 3rd Grade Quizzes
- 4th Grade Quizzes
- 5th Grade Quizzes
- 6th Grade Math Quizzes
- Place Value
- Rounding Numbers
- Comparing Numbers
- Number Lines
- Prime Numbers
- Negative Numbers
- Roman Numerals
- Add & Subtract
- Fraction Worksheets
- Learning Fractions
- Fraction Printables
- Percent Worksheets & Help
- All Geometry
- 2d Shapes Worksheets
- 3d Shapes Worksheets
- Shape Properties
- Geometry Cheat Sheets
- Printable Shapes
- Math Conversion
- Statistics Worksheets
- Bar Graph Worksheets
- Venn Diagrams
- All Word Problems
- Finding all possibilities
- Logic Problems
- Ratio Word Problems
- All UK Maths Sheets
- Year 1 Maths Worksheets
- Year 2 Maths Worksheets
- Year 3 Maths Worksheets
- Year 4 Maths Worksheets
- Year 5 Maths Worksheets
- Year 6 Maths Worksheets
- All AU Maths Sheets
- Kindergarten Maths Australia
- Year 1 Maths Australia
- Year 2 Maths Australia
- Year 3 Maths Australia
- Year 4 Maths Australia
- Year 5 Maths Australia
- Meet the Sallies
Year 3 Maths Australia AU Hub Page
Welcome to our Year 3 Maths Australia hub page.
In our Year 3 area, you will find a wide range of free grade 3 Maths activities and worksheets.
Take a look at our times table coloring pages, or maybe some of our fraction of shapes worksheets. Perhaps you would prefer our time worksheets, or learning about line or block symmetry?
- This page contains links to other Math webpages where you will find a range of activities and resources.
- If you can't find what you are looking for, try searching the site using the Google search box at the top of each page.
Year 3 Maths Learning in Australia
Here are some of the key learning objectives for Year 3:
- recognise, model, represent and order numbers to at least 10 000
- place four-digit numbers on a number line using an appropriate scale
- apply place value to partition, rearrange and regroup numbers to at least 10 000 to assist calculations and solve problems
- investigate the conditions required for a number to be odd or even and identify odd and even numbers
- recognise and explain the connection between addition and subtraction
- recall addition facts for single-digit numbers and related subtraction facts to develop increasingly efficient mental strategies for computation
- combine knowledge of addition and subtraction facts and partitioning to aid computation (for example 57 + 19 = 57 + 20 – 1)
- recall multiplication facts of two, three, five and ten and related division facts
- represent and solve problems involving multiplication using efficient mental and written strategies and appropriate digital technologies
- describe, continue, and create number patterns resulting from performing addition or subtraction
- identify and write the rules for number patterns
- describe a rule for a number pattern, then create the pattern
- model and represent unit fractions including 1/2, 1/4, 1/3, 1/5 and their multiples to a complete whole
- partition areas, lengths and collections to create halves, thirds, quarters and fifths
- locate unit fractions on a number line
- measure, order and compare objects using familiar metric units of length, mass and capacity
- tell time to the minute and investigate the relationship between units of time
- recognise there are 60 minutes in an hour and 60 seconds in a minute
- make models of three-dimensional objects and describe key features
- explore the creation of three-dimensional objects using origami, including prisms and pyramids
- create and interpret simple grid maps to show position and pathways
- identify symmetry in the environment
- identify angles as measures of turn and compare angle sizes in everyday situations
- represent money values in multiple ways and count the change required for simple transactions to the nearest five cents
- recognising the relationship between dollars and cents, and that not all countries use these denominations and divisions
- conduct chance experiments, identify and describe possible outcomes and recognise variation in results
- identify questions or issues for categorical variables.
- identify data sources and plan methods of data collection and recording
- collect data, organise into categories and create displays using lists, tables, picture graphs and simple column graphs
- interpret and compare data displays
Math-Salamanders.com is mainly based around the US Elementary school math standards. It is a site which has been designed for students in the US to learn, practice and improve their math skills.
Though the links on this page are all designed primarily for students in the US, they are also at the correct level and standard for Australian students.
One of the issues you may notice is that some of the spelling may be different as our site and corresponding worksheets use US spelling.
Year 3 is generally equivalent to 3rd Grade in the US.
The learning outcomes on this page have been taken from the Australian Education Curriculum Website
Year 3 Maths Australia Quicklinks
On this page you will find link to our range of math worksheets for Year 3.
Quicklinks to Year 3 ...
- Place Value Area
Word Problems Area
- Fractions Area
Geometry area, statistics & probability.
- Mental Maths
- Fun Zone: games and puzzles
- Seasonal Math Worksheets
Year 3 Maths Grab Packs
- Seasonal Worksheets
Year 3 Maths Australia Information
Math Salamanders is primarily designed for students in the US to learn, practice and improve their math skills.
However, most of the math skills are equally valid for students in other countries such as the UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
We have created hub pages, like this one, that are based on the Australian maths curriculum and have links to all of our relevant maths resources.
Place Value & Number Sense Area
Year 3 place value and counting worksheets.
Using these Grade 3 Maths worksheets will help your child to:
- learn their place value with 4 digit numbers;
- use place value models to understand how to combine thousands, hundreds, tens and ones;
- understand the value of each digit in a 4 digit number;
- learn to use standard and expanded form with 4 digit numbers.
- Place Value Models 4 Digits
- Place Value 4 Digit Numbers Worksheets (conversion)
- Ordering 4-Digit Numbers
Grade 3 Counting & Sequences Worksheets
Each worksheets consists of a sequence which has been partially filled in. The rest of each sequence must be completed.
At this grade, the focus is on counting on and back in constant steps of a digit.
- Counting on and back by digits
Year 3 Mental Maths Quizzes
Here you will find a range of printable mental maths grade 3 quizzes for your child to enjoy.
Each quiz tests the children on a range of maths topics from number facts and mental arithmetic to geometry, fraction and measures questions.
Although these quizzes have primarily been designed for US students, they should work fairly well with students from Australia.
We are in the process of updating these quizzes so that they match the Australian curriculum, and the money questions use Australian coins.
A great way to revise topics, or use as a weekly maths quiz!
- Mental Maths Grade 3
Top of Page
Number Bonds Worksheets
The worksheets on this page will help to develop children's knowledge of numbers bonds to 20, 50 and 100.
There are a range of matching and wordsearches for children to enjoy whilst developing their number bond knowledge.
- Number Bonds to 50 and 100
Year 3 Addition Worksheets
Using these Year 3 maths worksheets will help your child to:
- learn to add numbers mentally to 100;
- add on 1, 10, 100 and 1000 to different numbers;
- learn to add 4 digit numbers in columns;
- Third Grade Addition Facts Worksheets to 100+100
- 3-Digit Column Addition Worksheets
- Addition Word Problems 3rd Grade (3- and 4-digits)
Year 3 Subtraction Worksheets
Using these 3rd grade subtraction worksheets will help your child to:
- learn to subtract numbers mentally to 100;
- learn to do 3- and 4-Digit column subtraction.
- Grade 3 Subtraction Worksheets to 100
- 3 Digit Subtraction Worksheets
Multiplication Worksheets Year 3
Using these 3rd grade math worksheets will help your child to:
- learn their multiplication tables up to 10 x 10;
- understand and use different models of multiplication;
- solve a range of Grade 3 Multiplication problems.
Online Times Table Practice
- Times Tables Practice Zone
- Understanding Multiplication Facts Worksheets to 10x10
Multiplication Table Worksheets
- Multiplication Table Worksheets - 2 3 4 5 10
Division Worksheets Year 3
The following worksheets involve using the Year 3 Maths skills of dividing, and solving division problems.
- Second Grade Division Worksheets
- Division Facts Worksheets (randomly generated)
Here are a range of problems solving sheets for Year 3 students. Most of the sheets contain 'real-life' problems related to animal facts.
Using the sheets will help your child to:
- apply their addition, subtraction, and multiplication skills;
- apply their knowledge of rounding and place value;
- solve a range of 'real life' problems.
These sheets involve solving one or two more challenging longer problems.
- 3rd Grade Math Problems
These sheets involve solving many 'real-life' problems involving data.
- Math Word Problems for kids Grade 3
These sheets involve solving 3-digit and 4-digit addition word problems.
These sheets involve solving 3-digit and 4-digit subtraction problems.
- Subtraction Word Problems 3rd Grade
- 3rd Grade Addition and Subtraction Word Problems (3- and 4-digits)
These sheets involve solving a range of multiplciation problems.
- Multiplication Word Problem Worksheets Grade 3
These sheets involve solving a range of division problems.
- Division Worksheets Grade 3 Word Problems
Year 3 fraction worksheets.
Using these sheets will help your child to:
- understand what fractions are;
- relate fractions to everyday objects and quantities;
- place different fractions on a number line;
- shade in different fractions of a shapes;
- work out unit fractions of numbers.
- Finding Fractions - Fraction Spotting
- Fractions of Shapes Worksheets
- Unit Fraction of Numbers
- Halves and Quarters (up to 100)
- Fraction Number Line Sheets
- Fraction Riddles for kids (easier)
Year 3 Geometry Worksheets
The following worksheets will help your child to:
- Identify and name a range of 2d and 3d shapes;
- Draw 2d shapes;
- Use reflective symmetry to reflect shapes in a mirror line.
- recognise and identify right angles and lines of symmetry;
- recognise and identify parallel lines;
- identify the faces, edges, vertices and nets of 3d shapes;
- 3rd Grade Geometry Worksheets
- Geometry Nets Information and Worksheets
Year 3 Money Worksheets
We have a selection of money worksheets to support counting money amounts up to $2.
We also have some counting money riddles to help develop problem solving skills.
- Money Worksheets Australia (intermediate)
Year 3 Maths Australia - Time
Using the sheets in this section will help your child to:
- tell the time to the nearest 5 minutes;
- become familiar with both digital and analogue times;
- use the words 'past' and 'to' to describe the time correctly.
- add and subtract time intervals from times and work out time intervals.
- Telling Time to 5 Minutes Worksheets
- Add and Subtract Time Worksheets
- Elapsed Time Worksheets
On this page there are a selection of bar and picture graphs, including bar graphs with real-life data such as tree heights.
- Bar Graph Worksheets 3rd grade
- Venn Diagram Worksheets 3rd Grade
Fun Zone: Puzzles, Games and Riddles
Year 3 maths australia - games.
These Maths games have been developed to help students practice their Grade 3 Maths skills.
- (Third Grade) Math Games
Year 3 Maths Australia - Puzzles
The puzzles will help your child practice and apply their addition, subtraction and multiplication facts as well as developing their thinking and reasoning skills in a fun and engaging way.
- Math Puzzle Worksheets Grade 3
Year 3 Maths Australia - Seasonal Worksheets
We have started creating sets of seasonal worksheets for each grade.
These sheets are great for linking to a particular topic, or doing some math that relates to the time of year.
- Grade 3 Christmas Math Activities
For those of you who have found yourselves unexpectedly at home with the kids and need some emergency activities, we have developed some Maths Grab Packs.
Each grab pack is a collection of 10 worksheets covering a range of math topics (plus a game in some of the packs).
They are completely FREE - take a look!
- Year 3 Maths Grabs Packs
Other AU Maths Worksheet pages
See below for our other maths worksheets hub pages designed for students in Australia.
How to Print or Save these sheets
Need help with printing or saving? Follow these 3 steps to get your worksheets printed perfectly!
- How to Print support
Return to Math Salamanders Australia Hub
Return from Year 3 Maths Australia to Homepage
The Math Salamanders hope you enjoy using these free printable Math worksheets and all our other Math games and resources.
We welcome any comments about our site or worksheets on the Facebook comments box at the bottom of every page.
TOP OF PAGE
- Puzzles & Challenges
© 2010-2023 Math Salamanders Limited. All Rights Reserved.
- Copyright Policy
- online Maths tutoring
- Free Maths Worksheets
Free Printable Maths Worksheets
Find free maths worksheets organised by year level and topics. Practice 1000's of maths questions with answers using our easy to print or download pdf's.
Maths worksheets by year level:
Our free math worksheets cover primary and secondary school math skills from addition and subtraction through rounding, algebra, geometry and more. All worksheets are pdf documents with the answers on the following page.
Why Cluey’s Maths programs are more effective than practice alone
If your child is missing core skills, or if they’re confused about question structure, all the practice questions in the world won’t help them arrive at the right answer. They might need personalised support — someone to answer questions and explain things at their pace.
At Cluey, our experienced Education Team have developed programs that provide students with the guidance they need for Maths through years 2-12.
Cluey’s Mathematics programs are structured as a series of face-to-face, online, tutor-led sessions, where theory, examples and exam strategies are covered in a fun and friendly way. Between sessions, students tackle practice questions to consolidate their understanding. These are then reviewed with feedback provided.
The idea behind these programs is to improve your child’s numeracy skills by building on their understanding of core knowledge, rather than providing guides to help them rote learn. If a student struggles with a certain topic, Cluey tutors are available to explain the content until they ‘get it ’. With access to our experts , session recordings to help revise anytime, detailed tutor feedback and progress reports, students are able to build on their numeracy skills and target specific areas for extra attention.
Click here to learn more about Cluey’s Mathematics programs today and help your child build confidence and achieve their best result.
Year 2 Maths Worksheets
Year 3 maths worksheets, year 4 maths worksheets, year 5 maths worksheets, year 6 maths worksheets, explore our mathematics programs, select your school level to learn more.
Year 7 Maths Worksheets
Year 8 maths worksheets, year 9 maths worksheets, year 10 maths worksheets.
As one of Australia's leading education companies, we offer students the right help at the right time through personalised online tutoring in English , Maths and Chemistry . Our carefully developed learning programs and quality content is mapped to the Australian National Curriculum and sequenced to the syllabus in each state.
Keep Reading About
Get a personalised program and pricing
20% off now
- Australia School Math
Year 3 Math
- Competitive Exams
Year 3 (All topics)
Assign unlimited online tests as assignments.
Printable worksheets with 10 questions in PDF format
Unlimited adaptive online practice on this topic. Practice that feels like play! Get shields, trophies, certificates and scores. Master this topic as you play.
Take/Assign unlimited online tests on this topic.
Reading & Math for K-5
- Learning numbers
- Comparing numbers
- Place Value
- Roman numerals
- Order of operations
- Drills & practice
- Factoring & prime factors
- Shape & geometry
- Data & graphing
- Word problems
- Children's stories
- Leveled Stories
- Context clues
- Cause & effect
- Compare & contrast
- Fact vs. fiction
- Fact vs. opinion
- Main idea & details
- Story elements
- Conclusions & inferences
- Sounds & phonics
- Words & vocabulary
- Reading comprehension
- Early writing
- Numbers & counting
- Simple math
- Social skills
- Other activities
- Dolch sight words
- Fry sight words
- Multiple meaning words
- Prefixes & suffixes
- Vocabulary cards
- Other parts of speech
- Cursive alphabet
- Cursive letters
- Cursive letter joins
- Cursive words
- Cursive sentences
- Cursive passages
- Grammar & Writing
Download & Print From only $3.10
Third Grade Math Worksheets
Free grade 3 math worksheets.
Our third grade math worksheets support numeracy development and introduce division, decimals, roman numerals, calendars and concepts in measurement and geometry. Our word problem worksheets review skills in real world scenarios.
Choose your grade 3 topic:
Place Value and Rounding
Order of Operations
Fractions and Decimals
Time & Calendar
Data & Graphing
Sample Grade 3 Math Worksheet
What is K5?
K5 Learning offers free worksheets , flashcards and inexpensive workbooks for kids in kindergarten to grade 5. Become a member to access additional content and skip ads.
Our members helped us give away millions of worksheets last year.
We provide free educational materials to parents and teachers in over 100 countries. If you can, please consider purchasing a membership ($24/year) to support our efforts.
Members skip ads and access exclusive features.
Learn about member benefits
This content is available to members only.
Join K5 to save time, skip ads and access more content. Learn More
- Forgot Password?
- F-10 curriculum
Mathematics (Version 8.4)
- Foundation Year
- Number and Algebra
- Measurement and Geometry
- Statistics and Probability
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Capability
- Critical and Creative Thinking
- Personal and Social Capability
- Ethical Understanding
- Intercultural Understanding
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Histories and Cultures
- Asia and Australia’s Engagement with Asia
- Show Elaborations
- Show ScOT Terms
Understand how Mathematics works
Read More >>
- Maths Digital Textbooks
- Past Papers
- Practice Maths Test
- Maths Worksheets
- Maths Assessment
- English Worksheets
- English Assessment
- Maths Worksheet Generator
How much tutoring does your child need?
Check out our Ezy Math digital textbooks below. They are all free , simple and hand-written! At each link you will find a list of the topics available and download links. Each textbook has a question book and a worked solutions book.
Year 3 Maths Textbook
Year 4 Maths Textbook
Year 5 Maths Textbook
Year 6 Maths Textbook
Year 7 Maths Textbook
Year 8 Maths Textbook
Year 9 Maths Textbook
Year 10 Maths Textbook
Year 11 Maths Textbook
Year 12 Maths Textbook
Year 12 General Maths Textbook
Year 12 Further Maths Textbook
Find tutor ?
What they say about our tutoring
Mitchell is happy with the new tutor, thank you. Sean is a good communicator which makes Mitchell feel more relaxed thanks again.
We are very happy with Sheetal. Timothy is making great progress and we are happy to continue. We will have Tim do his Navy test in a few weeks and if we need to do a bridging course we will ask Sheetal to tutor him with that as well.
Our philosophy to teaching is based upon a firm belief that every child can succeed at maths or any other subject, given the proper encouragement, motivation and tools. We believe that a tutor’s …
- Number Charts
- Long division
- Basic operations
- Telling time
- Place value
- Roman numerals
- Fractions & related
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide fractions
- Mixed numbers vs. fractions
- Equivalent fractions
- Prime factorization & factors
- Fraction Calculator
- Decimals & Percent
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide decimals
- Fractions to decimals
- Percents to decimals
- Percentage of a number
- Percent word problems
- Classify triangles
- Classify quadrilaterals
- Circle worksheets
- Area & perimeter of rectangles
- Area of triangles & polygons
- Coordinate grid, including moves & reflections
- Volume & surface area
- Square Roots
- Order of operations
- Scientific notation
- Ratio word problems
- Write expressions
- Evaluate expressions
- Simplify expressions
- Linear equations
- Linear inequalities
- Graphing & slope
- Equation calculator
- Equation editor
- Elementary Math Games
- Addition and subtraction
- Math facts practice
- The four operations
- Factoring and number theory
- Geometry topics
- Middle/High School
- Statistics & Graphs
- Logic and proof
- For all levels
- Favorite math puzzles
- Favorite challenging puzzles
- Math in real world
- Problem solving & projects
- For gifted children
- Math history
- Math games and fun websites
- Interactive math tutorials
- Math help & online tutoring
- Assessment, review & test prep
- Online math curricula
Free Printable Math Worksheets for 3rd Grade
Math worksheets for Grade 3 students: Discover a variety of free printable resources to help teachers enhance their students' learning experience and develop essential math skills.
Explore worksheets by Math topics
- Number Sense
- Mixed Operations
- Math Puzzles
- Data and Graphing
- Math Word Problems
- Percents, Ratios, and Rates
Explore Math Worksheets by Grades
Explore Math Worksheets for grade 3 by Topic
Explore other subject worksheets for grade 3.
- Social studies
- Social emotional
- Foreign language
- Reading & Writing
Explore printable Math worksheets for 3rd Grade
Math worksheets for Grade 3 are essential tools for teachers who aim to help their students develop a strong foundation in mathematics. These worksheets cover a wide range of topics, including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, and geometry. By incorporating these worksheets into their lesson plans, teachers can provide their students with engaging and challenging activities that will enhance their understanding of mathematical concepts. Furthermore, these Grade 3 math worksheets can be used for homework assignments, in-class practice, or even as assessment tools to gauge a student's progress. With a variety of formats and difficulty levels available, teachers can easily find the perfect math worksheets for their Grade 3 students to ensure a successful learning experience.
Quizizz is an excellent platform for teachers to access not only Math worksheets for Grade 3 but also a plethora of other resources to enhance their students' learning experience. This interactive platform offers a vast collection of quizzes, games, and activities that cater to various learning styles and preferences. Teachers can easily create customized quizzes and worksheets, track their students' progress, and even engage in friendly competition through the Quizizz platform. In addition to math, Quizizz also covers other subjects such as science, social studies, and language arts, making it a comprehensive resource for Grade 3 teachers. By incorporating Quizizz into their teaching strategies, educators can ensure a fun, interactive, and effective learning environment for their students.
This worksheet is about fractions. It is a match the following worksheet. Students are supposed to match the fraction which best suits one of the diagram in the given 5 diagrams.
- Google Classroom
- Microsoft Teams
- Download PDF
Math Worksheets Land
Math Worksheets For All Ages
- Math Topics
- Grade Levels
3rd Grade Math Worksheets
At the 3rd grade level math students are moving on to the more advanced operations. They have mastered addition and subtraction in previous grades. In the 3rd grade we help them understand these operations with much large values. We also have them use regrouping with subtraction, at this point. The focus shifts to multiplication and division in grade 3. When they complete the year, it is the goal to have them master all four basic math operations. They do not have to have these calculations memorized, just yet. They should be able to process them at a decent pace. Place value is rooted at this stage of their math career. They should have a good idea of how to round values to the nearest tens and hundreds place. In geometry students begin to get familiar with two- and three-dimensional shapes. The curriculum also explores word problems that incorporate a wide variety of real world measures. You will find printable math worksheets aligned to the third grade core curriculum in this section. We cover the entire third grade math curriculum. Complete with quizzes, homework, and tests too. If you look below, you will see the exact standard that each section addresses. This has been one of my more popular grade levels lately. We also have 3rd Grade Math Posters .
Operations and Pre-Algebra Worksheets
- Multiplication of Whole Numbers (3.OA.1) - Students are introduced to finding the value of products.
- Rapid Single Digit Horizontal Multiplication (3.OA.A.1) - A nice way to really get a handle on that operation. This isn't the common orientation of problems.
- Rapid Single Digit Vertical Multiplication (3.OA.A.1) - This is kind of the standard way to learn this skill.
- Multiplication as Repeated Addition (3.OA.A.1) - This can be used to introduce the topic or for students that are having a hard time with it.
- Visual Multiplication (3.OA.A.1) - This leads us to using the concept of rows and columns.
- Division Word Problems (3rd Grade) (3.OA.2) - Story based problems that include some form of division.
- Beginner Multiplication and Division Word Problems (3.OA.3) - These are the intro problems where students should master locating keywords that describe operations.
- Division as Sharing (3.OA.A.3) - This is a great way to introduce this concept.
- Visual Division (3.OA.A.3) - Breaking a big pile into smaller piles is the way to get this one going.
- Finding Unknowns In Multiplication and Division (3.OA.4) - This is probably the last step towards being ready for simple equation based algebra.
- Math Fact Families (1.OA.B, 1.OA.C.6, 3.OA.4) - Make sure to show how the integers should be interacting.
- Properties of Basic Math Operations as Strategies - 3.OA.5) - Students explore the Associative, Commutative, Distributive, and Identity properties.
- Unique Properties of Multiplication (3.OA.5) - Multiplication and divisions interrelation because obvious when viewing this topic.
- The Commutative Property (3.OA.5) - We look at both operations that are influenced by this.
- Division and Finding Unknown Factors (3.OA.6) - The most important part is to find the missing piece in relation to what factors you know.
- Multiplication and Division within 100 (3.OA.7) - We stick mostly with double-digit values.
- Double Digit Division (3.OA.C.7) - It couldn't be stated any clearer.
- Division Mystery Pictures (3.OA.C.7) - A fun way to review your division math facts.
- Fixed Number Multiplication Facts (3.OA.C.7) - This is stable because we are always multiplying by the same number.
- Multiplication Puzzles (3.OA.C.7) - Puzzles that are super fun to review your multiplying facts.
- Multiplication Times Tables (3.OA.C.7) - This has been around for nearly hundred years but is still super effective.
- Rewriting Multiplication (3.OA.C.7) - If you understood the different properties of multiplication, this is a cinch.
- Simple Division with Remainders (3.OA.C.7) - When everything just does not fit into that divisor.
- Single Into Double Digit Division (3.OA.C.7) - We do not leave any remainders here.
- Understanding Divisibility Tables (3.OA.C.7) - This is a reverse multiplication table.
- Word Problems That Use All Operations (3.OA.8) - Every operation is fair game in here. We use a wide variety of keywords.
- Very Basic Order of Operations (3.OA.D.8) - Fill in all the missing operations.
- Front-End Estimation of Sums and Differences (3.OA.D.8) - This gets them use to borrowing values between place values.
- Front-End Estimation of Products and Quotients (3.OA.D.8) - A little bit of a step up, but well worth the trouble.
- Arithmetic Patterns and Systems (3.OA.9) - Being able to identify patterns are the future of most uses of math. It is a highly sought-after skill.
Numbers and Base Ten Worksheets
- Rounding To The Nearest Tens or Hundreds (In Words) (3.NBT.1) - It is that second and third place value that is key here.
- Add and Subtract within 1000 (3.NBT.2) - This section will tell you how far along you are with your math facts.
- Multiplying Single Digits by Multiples of 10 (3.NBT.3) - We basically go with replace the one.
Working With Fractions Worksheets
- Understanding Visual Fractions (3.NF.1) - No time like the present to dive in here. This is a great way to learn the concepts of numerator and denominator.
- Understand a Fraction on a Number Line (3.NF.2) - It is easy to understand if you make the start value a zero and the end value a one.
- Represent a Fraction on a Number Line (3.NF.2) - Now you need to plot your own values.
- Represent Mixed Numbers on a Number Line (3.NF.2) - This reminds me of trying to spot how much to add to a recipe I am cooking.
- Comparing Fractions and Equivalence (3.NF.3a) - The ground rule is to get them to have matching denominators before you evaluate them.
- Recognizing Equivalent Fractions (3.NF.3b) - Equivalence is also something that is important in the scale of comparisons.
- Express Whole Numbers as Fractions (3.NF.3c) - Start by placing them over one.
- Reducing Fractions (3.NF.A.3c) - See what is similar or a factor of the denominator and numerator and then go for it.
- Creating Fractions from Story Problems (3.NF.3) - Fractions can be found just about everywhere.
- Comparing Fractions with Like Numerators or Denominators (3.NF.3d) - Like numerators will often throw your students off the trail of what's they are going after.
Measurement and Data Worksheets
- Estimating Times (3.MD.A.1) - This answers the age old question of how long will it take to get to your destination.
- Measuring Time in Minutes (3.MD.1) - The next step after seconds, but not quite an hour, is it?
- Time Differences (3.MD.A.1) - We work on blocks of time. What is a half-hour or hour after a given time?
- Elapsed Time Using Ruler (3.MD.A.1) - If you have not seen this before, it looks weird from the title. It makes sense and is a great way to approach the skill.
- Elapsed Time Word Problems (3.MD.A.1) - This basically tells you how long your doing something for.
- Understanding Annual Calendars (3.MD.A.1) - A skip around the months here.
- Understanding Monthly Calendars (3.MD.A.1) - Most people focus their thoughts in a monthly means.
- Calculating Elapsed Time (3.MD.A.1) - Where do you find out how long something took place?
- Minutes to an Event (3.MD.A.1) - How much longer until that thing you are waiting for takes place?
- Time Word Problems (3.MD.A.1) - You will come across problems like this every day once you get a job.
- Estimating Weight (3.MD.A.2) - Ball park the weight of different objects.
- Liquid Volume and Mass Word Problems (3.MD.2) - Start with the concepts of mass and volume with your students.
- Measuring Liquid Volume (3.MD.A.2) - We just focus on how to measure it, not the equipment used.
- Measuring Liquid Volume (with Graduated Cylinders) (3.MD.A.2) - We focus on how to read Graduated Cylinders properly.
- Graphing Data Sets (3.MD.3) - Take that data and make useful by putting it on a graph.
- Creating Pie or Circle Graphs From Data Charts (3.MD.B.3) - These types of charts are always fun to create.
- Interpreting Pie or Circle Graphs (3.MD.B.3) - The graphs are basically a fractional chart that you can interpret.
- Plotting Line Graphs (3.MD.B.3) - Start by placing those x, y dots and then link them all together.
- Reading Bar Graphs (3.MD.B.3) - The most basic of charts, but a great way to find patterns in data.
- Reading Line Graphs (3.MD.B.3) - I find line graphs really helpful if we exploring anything over a long period of time.
- Picture Graphs (3.MD.B.3) - Graphs that use a quantity of pictures to get their message across.
- Tally Charts (3.MD.B.3) - These are super helpful for making quality observations.
- Data Table Word Problems (3.MD.B.3) - These problems will have you organize and interpret pools of data.
- Graphing Word Problems (3.MD.B.3 and 5.OA.4) - You will in most circumstances be asked to interpret a graph based on a scenario.
- Measuring Lengths using Rulers (3.MD.4) - The ruler is usually the first instrument students handle for measurement.
- Recognize Area Word Problems (3.MD.5) - When you start to construct anything, you will wish you paid greater attention to this section.
- Area of Squares Word Problems (3.MD.6) - If you ever put flooring in your home, you will use this skill.
- Measure Area By Counting Units (3.MD.7) - This is the basic problem you ponder when tiling any floor.
- Simple Area of a Rectangle (3.MD.7) - A skill that is slightly revisited here.
- Using Tiling to Find Area (3.MD.7) - You can see the relationship here back two topics.
- Recognize Area as Additive (3.MD.7) - You can fid the sum of two portions of area to tell you a bunch about a total area.
- Area of Rectangles In Word Problems (3.MD.8) - If you go into the construction field, this will be a critical skill for you.
- Perimeter of Polygons In Word Problems (3.MD.8) - Simply add up all those sides and you have it.
- Understanding Categories of Shapes (3.G.1) - This takes us a step much closer to complete sorting. This is a fundamental grade 3 skill for students.
- Understanding Visual Fractions of Shapes (3.G.2) - You will be asked to explain the fraction represented by each image.
What Do Students Learn in 3rd Grade Math?
This grade is focused on the more difficult basic mathematical operations namely dividing and multiplying. The goal is to be fluent with these operations up to a value of 100 by the conclusion of the school year. Students often are memorizing their times tables at this age. This nicely transitions them into the concept of using rectangular arrays to better understand measures such as area. This also helps you demonstrate division as being a sort of grouping. When students have a good handle on the concept of division and finding quotients, we introduce fractions and help them understand their significance. In the geometry potion of 3rd grade work the focus is solely on two dimensional shapes. This is a very significant year as the success they get from fundamental skills will carry them through the remainder of elementary school.
Tips for 3rd Grade Math Students
When you begin your grade 3 school year you are full of hope and vigor. If you maintain and apply a few simple habits to your daily routine, it will be hard to not have a successful school year. The first thing you need to do when working on any math problems is to be sure you understand what the problem is asking of you. If you are not sure get in the habit of discussing this will your teacher or another adult, if your teacher is not available. This will give you a general idea of what a particular solution should look like. You should also get in the habit of creating and using flashcards. They can be on paper or in digital form. There is some research that helps us lean our preference towards paper flashcards though. The last habit we would like to get you in is to set aside time everyday to either practice math or work on homework. If you have no homework, go over your times tables or flashcards. These habits will pay off huge for you as you progress through grade 3.
Get Access to Answers, Tests, and Worksheets
Become a paid member and get:
- Answer keys to everything
- Unlimited access - All Grades
- 64,000 printable Common Core worksheets, quizzes, and tests
- Used by 1000s of teachers!
Worksheets By Email:
Get Our Free Email Now!
We send out a monthly email of all our new free worksheets. Just tell us your email above. We hate spam! We will never sell or rent your email.
Thanks and Don't Forget To Tell Your Friends!
I would appreciate everyone letting me know if you find any errors. I'm getting a little older these days and my eyes are going. Please contact me, to let me know. I'll fix it ASAP.
- Other Education Resource
© MathWorksheetsLand.com, All Rights Reserved
- Join for FREE
- Printable Worksheets
- Online Lessons
- Test Maker™
- Printable Games
- Worksheet Generator
- Plans & Pricing
Printable & online resources for educators
- Test Maker TM
Share/Like This Page
- Early Education
All Worksheets By Subject
- English Language Arts
- Life Skills
- Physical Education
- Seasonal and Holidays
- Social Studies
- Study Skills/Strategies
- Vocational Education
- Word Searches new!
Common Core ELA
Common core math, math worksheet generators, printable game generators, third grade (grade 3) math worksheets, tests, and activities.
Print our Third Grade (Grade 3) Math worksheets and activities, or administer them as online tests. Our worksheets use a variety of high-quality images and some are aligned to Common Core Standards.
Worksheets labeled with are accessible to Help Teaching Pro subscribers only. Become a Subscriber to access hundreds of standards aligned worksheets.
Arithmetic and Number Concepts
- Adding up to 1000
- Arithmetic Patterns
- Division Word Problem Practice - Art Class
- Division Word Problem Practice - Carpentry Work
- Division Word Problem Practice - Recycling
- Division Word Problems - Practice #2
- Equivalent Fractions
- Expanded Notation
- Fraction Models
- Fraction Word Problems Practice (Grade 3)
- Fractions as Parts of Sets
- Fractions Review
- Graphing Fractions on Number Lines
- Mixed Operation Word Problems - Practice #1
- Mixed Operation Word Problems - Practice #3
- Multiplication as Repeated Addition
- Multiplication Chart 1 to 10 - Missing Products #1
- Multiplication Chart 1 to 10 - Missing Products #3
- Multiplication Facts (0 - 12)
- Multiplication Facts (4 - 6)
- Multiplication Properties
- Multiplication Word Problem Practice - New Song
- Multiplication Word Problem Practice - Seeds
- Multiplication Word Problems (Within 100)
- Multiplication Word Problems - Practice #2
- Mystery Number - Four-Digit Numbers
- Nearest 10 or 100
- Numbers Within 1,000
- Relating Multiplication & Division Equations
- Roman Numerals
- Rounding to Tens Place
- Smallest and Largest Four-Digit Numbers
- Subtraction Word Problems Within 1000
- Unit Fractions
- Vertical Addition
- Addition Word Problems (Up to Three Digits)
- Comparing Visual Fraction Models
- Division - Finding Unknown Number
- Division Word Problem Practice - Boxing Cupcakes
- Division Word Problem Practice - Feeding Horses
- Division Word Problems - Practice #1
- Division Word Problems Within 100
- Estimating Differences
- Fact Families
- Fraction Practice: One-Half
- Fractions and Number Lines
- Fractions on Number Lines – Matching
- Grade 3 Multiplication Test
- Interpreting Fractions
- Mixed Operation Word Problems - Practice #2
- Multiplication - Finding Unknown Number
- Multiplication Chart 1 to 10 - Blank
- Multiplication Chart 1 to 10 - Missing Products #2
- Multiplication Chart 1 to 10 - Missing Products #4
- Multiplication Facts (0 - 3)
- Multiplication Facts (7 - 9)
- Multiplication Word Problem Practice - Leaves
- Multiplication Word Problem Practice - Pears
- Multiplication Word Problem Practice - Ski Race
- Multiplication Word Problems - Practice #1
- Multiplying by 10s
- NBT Review Grade 3
- Numbers & Operations in Base Ten Review
- Representing Fractions on Number Lines
- Roman Numerals I - X
- Rounding to 10s and 100s
- Shading Fraction Models
- Subtracting within 1000
- Two Digit Addition without Regrouping
- Unit Fractions on Number Lines – Matching
- Word Problems (Addition and Subtraction)
- Division Constructed Response
- Grade 3 Division Test
- Valentine’s Day Division
- Adding and Subtracting Hours
- Area with Visual Fractions
- Canadian Coin Word Problems
- Comparing Visual Fractions
- Creating a Line Plot - Measuring Books
- Days of the Week - Tomorrow
- Drawing Clock Hands - Minutes #2
- Drawing Clock Hands - Time in Words #2
- Equal Parts
- Grade 3 Math Practice (Long)
- Grade 3 Short Practice #2
- Grade 3 Short Practice #4
- Interpreting a Line Plot
- Kwanzaa Pictograph
- Measuring Area with Unit Squares
- Measuring Objects with Rulers
- Measuring with Rulers – Half-Inch
- Naming 3-Dimensional Shapes
- Perimeter - Finding Side Lengths
- Perimeters of Polygons
- Reading a Schedule
- Reading Digital Clocks to Nearest Minute
- Scaled Bar Graphs
- Selecting Metric Units
- Telling Time with Clocks
- Understanding Quadrilaterals
- Area of Plane Figures
- Calculating Change
- Counting Money – Coins & Bills
- Cupcake Pictograph
- Drawing Clock Hands - Minutes #1
- Drawing Clock Hands - Time in Words #1
- Elapsed Time
- Estimating Mass and Volume
- Geometry Review
- Grade 3 Multiple-Choice Practice
- Grade 3 Short Practice #1
- Grade 3 Short Practice #3
- Grade 3 Short Practice #5
- Ice Cream Cone Pictograph
- Matching Analog and Digital Clocks #6
- Measuring Time in Minutes
- Metric System
- Perimeter Word Problems
- Reading Bar Graphs – Plant Growth
- Reading Thermometers
- Schedule Sleuth
- Telling Time - Digital and Analog Clocks #3
- Christmas Fractions as Sets
- Fractions on Number Lines Test
- Summer Fractions on Number Lines
- Winter Fractions as Sets
- Fall Fractions as Sets
- Fraction on Number Lines Constructed Response
- Thanksgiving Fraction Equivalence
Geometry and Measurement
- Foldable Net - Cube
- Foldable Net - Cylinder
- Foldable Net - Cone
- Foldable Net - Cuboid
- Foldable Net - Pyramid
- Blank Number Lines
- Blank Number Lines 0 to 100
- Fractions on Number Lines 0 to 1 – Matching
- Snowman Pictograph
- Blank Number Lines 0 to 10
- Counting Money - Coins & Bills
- One Million Dollar Bill - Reading Passage
- Back-to-School Arrays
- Valentine’s Day Multiplication
- Christmas Multiplication
- Halloween Multiplication
- Thanksgiving Picture Multiplication
- Place Value #2
Statistics and Probability
- Back-to-School Time!
- Clip Cards - Time
- Months of the Year
- Summer Time!
- Telling Time with Clocks #1
- Back-to-School Time Word Problems
- Calendar Math Word Problems
- Holidays by Month
- Christmas Word Problems – Extra Information
© Copyright Notice: All worksheets contain copyrighted work and are designed for use by individual teachers, tutors, and parents. Worksheets and/or questions may not be replicated or redistributed in any way outside HelpTeaching.com, regardless of intended usage, without explicit permission .
- FREE Printable Worksheets
- Common Core ELA Worksheets
- Common Core Math Worksheets