Cause And Effect Essay Guide
Cause and Effect Essay - A Detailed Writing Guide
12 min read
Published on: Jul 1, 2018
Last updated on: Dec 16, 2022
People also read
Best Cause and Effect Essay Topics - 150+ Ideas by Experts
How to Create a Cause and Effect Outline - An Easy Guide
Share this article
When you get enrolled in a middle school, high school, or college, the teachers usually assign different essays for you to write. The type of essay that includes multiple paragraphs to examine causes and effects is known as a cause and effect essay.
It is different from other kinds of essays as students have to explain a cause and its effects in detail. Moreover, understanding the basic structure, approach, and purpose is also necessary to write a perfect essay.
If you are also one of those students who find it difficult to write a good cause-and-effect essay. Then this is the right place for you. The following blog will help you master the art of writing amazing essays in no time.
On This Page On This Page
What is a Cause and Effect Essay?
A cause and effect essay is based on defining a cause and its effects. These causes could either be negative or positive. Similarly, they are also known as result essays. However, there are certain things that all school students need to keep in mind for understanding cause and effect essay writing.
For example, whenever you face a stressful situation, it will make you sad. Similarly, joyous occasions will make you happy. This example might be simple. But, it will help you understand the connection that is between a situation and a person.
Thus, It is a twofold relationship as both the cause and the effect are dependent on each other. Moreover, causes may have widespread effects that could affect everyone, including humans.
As per the cause and effect essay definition,
“It is an essay that examines a reason (cause) and its consequences (effect). However, the reason could be an event, action, or decision made”.
To understand this type of essay better, consider the following example:
Cause: Social injustice is rife in the African States.
Effect: Social protests and freedom rallies are excessively occurring in Africa.
The following ways will help you arrange the cause and its effects in your essays.
- Sequential Order
- Reverse Sequential Order
It is not necessary to always work in a sequence when discussing causes and effects. Instead, you can start from the main effect as well.
Also, consider the below questions to evaluate the effectiveness of a cause and effect essay.
- What are the causes and effects?
- What elements should be emphasized?
- Are there single or multiple effects and causes?
- How to list causes and effects in an essay?
What is the Purpose of a Cause and Effect Essay?
In school, teachers give students cause-and-effect essays to teach them critical thinking and logic. These types of papers can be found in academic writing or any professional setting where people need persuasive skills with their research data.
The cause and effect essay is a common type of writing that explores how one thing affects another. In this format, an author will describe something in detail to find out its main causes and then identify those factors with help from other sources.
Cause and Effect Essay Format
A cause and effect essay outline usually follows the below pattern.
- A hook statement.
- Basic historical information.
- A strong thesis statement indicating the causes, effects, or both.
This section consists of 3-5 body paragraphs depending on the topic and scope of the essay.
Body Paragraph I
- Topic sentence (indicates causes and effects).
- Cause 1/effect with examples.
Body Paragraph II
- Cause 2/effect 2 with examples.
- Discuss the opposing side of the argument.
- Restate the thesis statement.
- Remind the reader of the main points.
- Concluding sentence.
Font Type: Times New Roman, Arial.
Font Size: 12 pt for the essay’s text.
Line Spacing: 1.5 or Double Line Spacing.
How to Start a Cause and Effect Essay?
To start a cause and effect essay, follow the easy steps below. It will help you save time and write a properly sequenced essay.
- Brainstorming ideas
- Conduct research work to find relevant content
- Find credible and authentic sources
- Set the tone of your result essay
- Writing a strong introduction
- Begin with an engaging hook statement
- Making a brief and factual thesis statement
Refer to the example given below to understand how to start a cause and effect paper.
How to Start a Cause and Effect Essay - Examples
The steps to writing a cause and effect essay are given below in detail.
1. Choose the Essay Topic
If the teacher has not assigned you a specific essay topic, it is your chance to choose it yourself. This step takes a lot of effort. Therefore, the best way is to make a list of topics.
Choose the one you already know something about or the one you are interested in. It will make it easy and fun to write and more interesting to read.
2. Brainstorm to Choose Cause and Effect
After selecting the topic, brainstorm to choose the angle you are going to write from. It can be either the cause or the effect angle.
Thus, for any topic, make two lists i.e, one for the cause and one for effect. Furthermore, write down all the possible causes and effects. Choose the list that seems more complete, familiar, and easy to you. That is the angle you will choose.
3. Conduct Thorough Research Work
Conduct in-depth research for your cause and effect essay. Make sure to choose credible sources and not personal blogs or unverifiable sources.
Moreover, this step will also discover common trends and questions about your topic. With this, you will also be able to find valid supporting arguments for writing a perfect thesis.
4. Craft a Strong Thesis
Write a strong thesis statement that should answer the essay’s question. It shows why you care about the topic, along with its significance. Similarly, it will also let readers know what they can expect to learn from reading your essay.
5. Develop a Cause and Effect Essay Outline
A cause and effect essay typically follows a standard outline. It is used to organize and discuss ideas in one place. The sections of the cause and effect essay outline are discussed below in detail.
5.1 Cause and Effect Essay Introduction
The introduction of the cause and effect essay gives detailed background information, a strong thesis, and its purpose. It also provides the relevancy of the topic to the modern period.
Similarly, this section must begin with a hook statement to grab the audience’s interest.
These elements will help in getting a clear picture of the topic under discussion. Moreover, it will also connect the reader with the main essay question.
5.2 Cause and Effect Essay Body Paragraphs
The main body provides supporting evidence about the causes that lead to the effects. Furthermore, each body paragraph must include a description of the causes and the effects.
This cause and effect relationship helps the readers to understand the impacts of the event. Also, a writer can suggest possible recommendations to deal with the situation.
5.3 Cause and Effect Essay Antithesis Paragraph
The antithesis paragraph of the cause and effect essay discusses the other side of the argument. It presents the major reasons for choosing a subject and the occurrence of cause and effect variables.
5.4 Cause and Effect Essay Conclusion
The conclusion gives a brief summary of the entire essay. It requires the writer to restate the thesis statement and the major causes and effects of an event.
Similarly, if your chosen topic has influenced the world, state a call to action to overcome the issue. Write a compelling concluding sentence that informs the reader about the outcomes of your research work.
Also, check out the available conclusion examples to get an idea about the vocabulary and structure used by other writers.
Here is a complete outline format of a cause and effect essay.
Cause and Effect Essay Outline Format
6. Create Your Essay Draft
Write your essay draft by following the above outline. Make sure to keep it simple by using easy and appropriate language. Moreover, it is better to stick to the essay’s structure and format. Also, use smooth transitions to connect ideas from one paragraph to another.
However, give enough time to edit between your first and second drafts. Take at least a day or two to write and revise your final draft. It will help you identify mistakes that may go unnoticed previously.
Typically, every cause and effect essay includes the following common errors.
- Grammatical mistakes
- Incorrect punctuation
- Spelling mistakes
- Illogical arguments
- Unclear thesis statement
- Irrelevant examples and evidence
- Incorrect format
Thus, to avoid them, make sure to proofread your essay twice. You can also hire a professional proofreader or can ask your friends or colleagues to proofread it. This step is vital to creating a flawless essay that leaves a strong impact on readers.
Check out the below-given cause and effect essay samples to understand better.
How to Write a Cause and Effect Essay PDF
Cause and Effect Essay Structure
Tips for Writing Cause and Effect Essays
Below are some useful tips for writing a perfect cause and effect essay.
- Before starting an essay, choose the topic and make a list of 3 or more causes and their effects.
- Add quotes, facts, examples, and personal experiences to make your essay convincing.
- The main focus should be on the immediate causes and effects.
- Phases of causation are important in maintaining the links between the elements.
- Always keep in mind the purpose of your writing. It can be either to persuade or inform.
- Use transitional words to understand the relationship between the two subjects. It will also increase the readability of your essay.
Cause and Effect Essay Topics
Below are some good cause and effect topics to write a perfect essay.
- The relationship between alcohol consumption and bad health
- Causes of divorce and its effects on children
- The relationship between music and brain health
- The negative effects of cloning in the United States
- Effects of emotional support animals on mental well-being
- The effects of social networks on modern kids
- The pros and cons of the nuclear family system
- The pros and cons of visual aids in classrooms
- Video game and social media is a common reason for mental illnesses in teenagers
- Reasons to homestead rather than following the mainstream housing
Topics on Education
- The effect of online education on student’s academic performance.
- Do prolonged school hours affect educational outcomes?
- The effect of standardized tests on dropout rates.
- Effect of standard grading system on student motivation.
- Cause and effect relationship between students’ attention span and learning outcomes.
- The effect of technology adoption on effective learning.
- Effect of extracurricular activities and sports on students’ personalities.
- The pros and cons of school uniform.
- Impact of gap year on a student’s academic tenure.
- Effects of learning fine arts in school.
Topics on Social Media
- Reasons behind excessive usage of social media.
- Effect of social media on domestic abuse.
- Possible effects of social media on a child’s mind and thought process.
- Why and how do social media platforms promote loneliness?
- What are the primary causes of social media bullying?
- Predict the effects of prolonged usage of social media.
- Positive impact of social media on people’s skills.
- Positive and negative impact of social media on interpersonal communication.
- Why image-based social media platforms are popular than text-based platforms.
Topics About History
- Ongoing effects of slavery on the American population.
- Main causes behind the Civil War.
- Reasons behind the assassination of John F. Kennedy.
- Major causes for the Soviet Union collapse.
- Effects of the Cuban missile crisis on American citizens.
- Impact of the rise of Christianity on the Roman Empire
- Main reasons behind the occurrence of Arab Spring
- What are the causes and effects of the Salem Witch Trial?
- The long-term impact of the Pearl Harbour attack.
Topics About Politics
- Reasons behind the rise of democracy in America.
- Why is politics a likely profession?
- Main effects of illegal immigration on the natives of a society.
- Major drivers of the British colonialism strategy.
- Weigh the positive and negative effects of colonialism on the colonial states.
- Reasons behind the American revolution.
- Reasons behind the rise in immigration rates.
- Negative and positive effects of drug legalization.
- Effects of poor leadership on a country’s economy.
- Assess the impacts of the Obama Healthcare program.
Have a look at our list of topic ideas to find more fun cause and effect essay topics .
Which Topic is Too Broad for a Cause and Effect Essay?
A broad topic is one that is very general and includes a lot of information. Similarly, the topic with many causes or effects is considered too broad for a cause and effect essay.
It is because such themes have various factors that contribute to one result. Nevertheless, it is not possible to discuss them in an ordinary 500 words essay as you will not be able to fit all the information in.
What Causes Water Pollution In Third World Countries?
In this example, the writer is required to discuss water pollution in third-world countries. For this, various causes need to be analyzed, including unsafe water sources, lack of sanitation facilities, and poor hygiene.
As discussed earlier, themes with many causes that contribute to a single effect are said to be broad ones. Similarly, this example illustrates the different causes that lead to one major result, which is ‘water pollution.’ Thus, it is better to avoid such broad topics while writing a cause-and-effect essay.
Cause and Effect Essay Examples
Here are some good cause and effect essay examples for you. They will help you understand the basics, structure, and essay pattern properly.
Cause and Effect Essay Sample
Cause and Effect Essay on Smoking
Cause and Effect Essay for 6th Grade
Cause and Effect Essay Examples for Elementary School
Cause and Effect Essay Examples For High School
Cause and Effect Essay Examples For Middle School
Cause and Effect Essay Examples for College
Cause and Effect Examples on Poverty
Cause and Effect Essay on Covid-19
Simple Cause and Effect Essay Examples
Cause and Effect Essay on Bullying
Personal Cause and Effect Essay Examples
5 Paragraph Cause and Effect Essay Examples (PDF)
This complete guide and tested tips will surely help you learn how to write a cause and effect essay step by step. Moreover, it will also refine your skills to get a better grade.
In case you are still struggling with your essay, then MyPerfectWords.com is your ‘PERFECT’ companion. Hire an essay writer online to get a great essay at affordable rates.
We are legit essay writing service that provide you with free essay samples, a topic for cause and effect essay, and direct interaction with the assigned author. It will help you track your work progress.
Thus, get in touch with us today and place your order to receive a well-written essay at affordable rates.
Caleb S. (Literature, Marketing)
Caleb S. has been providing writing services for over five years and has a Masters degree from Oxford University. He is an expert in his craft and takes great pride in helping students achieve their academic goals. Caleb is a dedicated professional who always puts his clients first.
Paper Due? Why Suffer? That’s our Job!
We value your privacy
Website Data Collection
Are you sure you want to cancel?
Your preferences have not been saved.
- Plagiarism checker Do The Check
- Academic editing Ask For Help
- Samples database View Samples Base
45 Best Cause And Effect Essay Topics in 2023
07 Oct 2021
How to choose a good topic for a cause and effect essay, fun cause and effect essay topics, interesting cause and effect essay topics, list of great cause and effect essay topic for college.
Need something different for your essay? What do you say about cause and effect topics? If you buy an essay from professionals, you will not only receive all the attention of your colleagues and your teacher, but you will get the best grades.
Making stories about an individual topic can be boring, more so when you are not getting any relevant experience from it. So, what do you do to create a more interesting essay and learn something valuable from it?
Cause and effect essay topics for college are the best option for any student! To succeed, you need to know some important elements to impress your class. First, choose your essay topic carefully and try to structure it in MLA format bullet points or make a table for visual help. After that, you need to write the most interesting and unique argument for impacting your audience.
You can present ideas from the most typical to the most novelty. Topics for a cause-and-effect essay can be found online, or you can brainstorm with a friend and see what you can work out – but of course, you can also find online how to write a college paper . When you find causal analysis essay topics, everything else will fall into place. In case you need some support, you can find a cause-and-effect essay writing service a couple of clicks away.
Improve your grades with our Essay Writing Course
Academic writing is easy… if you know how. Learn to write essays from a PapersOwl writer who has written over 800 papers
When you want to create a great cause-and-effect essay for college , having an engaging topic, you need to know that you can have fun too! The cause-and-effect approach is the simplest and most logical type of essay. Essay ideas are brought in a structure that is easy to access by anyone. pay for an essay.
Now let’s take a look at the best cause-and-effect topics of 2023.
Build your thesis statement
This is AI-powered online tool that lets you create a thesis statement about any topic you need.
- Simple interface
- Works with any type of paper
- Absolutely free
- Unlimited attempts
- Drinking water is important for your heart and brain health
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of applying intelligence tests to students?
- What communication skills should a good teacher have?
- Buying expensive clothes can make you unhappy
- The color blue has a powerful impact on flies
- Milk can make you sleepy
- Toys are making adults much happier than children
- Drinking beer can improve your health
- Why do people love to travel?
- Decorating can make people happy
- Writing your memories and what you want to become in life can make your wishes come true
- Watching cartoons makes you an optimistic person
- Learning a new language stimulates your communication skills
- Adopting a dog can make you a more organized person
- People with big ears eat more
Stuck with finding the right title?
Get plenty of fresh and catchy topic ideas and pick the perfect one with PapersOwl Title Generator.
- Your immunity can be affected if you move to a country different from the one you were born
- The number of bees is decreasing every year, affecting nature's balance
- Doing sports can make you sleepless
- Staying in the sun makes you healthier
- Being optimistic can make your health stronger
- Playing with dogs is recommended for people who are stressed
- Laughing increases your chances of succeeding in life
- Video games can make you smarter
- Facebook helps shy people
- Helping others change their way of thinking
- The color of your hair is proof of your IQ
- Global temperatures increase every year, and it affects people’s behavior
- Socializing increases your chances of being selected for an interview
- How can we stimulate creativity among students and what are the benefits?
- What are the main causes of school failure and how can they be removed?
Is writing essays your hobby?
Participate in our "Independence Day of the United States" essay writing competition and get a 12-month Quizlet subscription.
- Deadline: July 24, 2023
- Topic: Declaration of Independence
- Language: English
- Length: 1000-5000 words
- Font size: 11 or 12
- How can we keep in mind student temperament in studying?
- Feminism – a start for changing the world for good
- Studying constantly makes your life easier
- A smartphone is a lifesaver – how can you use it?
- How population increases every year?
- Teenagers are more stressed than 20 years ago
- The importance of being independent under 30 years
- Recycling at least 1 kilo of garbage every week can save the planet
- Excellent food can make any student study better
- Liberties and responsibilities in democratic countries
- Rediscover and accept yourself after experiencing traumatic events
- Technology has helped people express themselves better
- In today’s world – is space still a barrier?
- How to become a CEO in 3 years?
- Are others’ opinions important for personal development?
If you’re stuck on finding a compelling cause-and-effect topic, we hope our suggestions guide you into getting an A. Remember that choosing cause-and-effect essay topics can help any student create a project without much help from others. Causes are introduced as argumentative topics which introduce the most important topics of modern society in a brief presentation where creativity is the key. With the help of an online platform like Papersowl , you can find various engaging essay topics of interest and hone your writing skills even further.
Was this article helpful?
Thanks for your feedback.
Dr. Karlyna PhD
I am a proficient writer from the United States with over five years of experience in academic writing. I comfortably complete given assignments within stipulated deadlines and at the same time deliver high-quality work, which follows the guidelines provided.
Readers also enjoyed
Legal essay topics for student.
Essay Writing Guides 22 likes
Science Essay Topics for Students
Essay Writing Guides 3 likes
Explanatory Essay Topics for Students
Essay Writing Guides 8 likes
WHY WAIT? PLACE AN ORDER RIGHT NOW!
Simply fill out the form, click the button, and have no worries!
Cause and Effect Essay Topics: 270+ Ideas for 2023 & Writing Tips
A cause-and-effect essay analyzes how one issue leads to another one. There are endless opportunities to formulate cause and effect topics. However, it is not that easy when it comes to good cause and effect topics.
Luckily, in this article, you will find 180+ cause and effect essay topics for college & middle school students. You can use them right away or for inspiration. Additionally, our team prepared tips on organizing your essay and a beneficial, easy-to-use scheme to arrange your cause-and-effect ideas.
😎 Cool Cause and Effect Essay Topics 2023
- ✔️ Choosing Good Topics
- 📂 Essay Organization
📌 Cause-Effect Diagram
- 📚 Topics by Discipline
- 😉 Optimistic Topics
👍 Good Cause and Effect Topics
- 🪁 Miscellaneous Topics
- 🎓 For College Students
- 🧒 Fun Cause and Effect Topics
🦄 Unique Cause and Effect Topics
- Causes and effects of crime .
- Effects of Instagram on children.
- Types and causes of water pollution .
- How does regular alcohol consumption influence mental health?
- Major causes of drug abuse among adolescents .
- Causes and consequences of childhood obesity.
- Causes and solutions to food prices increase.
- Why does sea temperature increase, and how does it affect fish?
- How do oil prices affect the aviation industry?
- What are the worst consequences of school bullying?
- COVID-19 effects on suicide rates.
- How does learning the second language affect the first language?
- What are the solutions for the gender wage gap?
- The effects of stress on the human body.
- What are the causes of increased consumption of fast food?
✔️ Choosing Good Cause and Effect Topics
Do you already have a subject to write about? Check out our cause and effect essay ideas below, get inspiration to narrow down your topic.
In case you are free to choose a subject, here are some ways to get started. Remember that the cause and effect essay can be about anything. The major challenge is to thoroughly describe the causal relationships and demonstrate each cause and effect’s role.
Choosing a Topic: Best Tips
- Think of some article you’ve read recently . It can be anything that picked your interest: news, scientific text, discussion of some issue, social media post, etc. What was the main subject there?
- Remember any issue you’ve discussed with someone . Maybe you had a dynamic discussion that you can use for the beginning.
- Scroll through your news feed . There must be something attracting your attention: Economics? Politics? Culture? Just choose the sphere that will be your starting point.
- Research field of your interest . Think of what you are fond of, something not related to your studying. It can also be a good inspiration source.
All these can help to get to the final topic. In the beginning, the critical task is to depict a field of your interest and search it for the cause-effect scenarios. Examples of how to line up the question are below.
📂 Organization of Cause and Effect Essay
Looking ahead, you might see how broad the range of cause and effect essay topics is. Accordingly, there are two fundamental ways to structure them. Get ready beforehand, and the writing process will be much easier.
🔗Focus on Causes
Also known as causal argument topics , such essays require full concentration on what, how, and why something led to some particular outcome. Here are examples of focus-on-causes essays:
- Skinny models are to blame for major bulimia and anorexia incidences.
- What are the factors that cause teachers’ burnout?
- Financial issues are among the top reasons for breakups.
🔗 Focus on Effects
On the opposite, for such an essay, you need to stick to the events’ consequences. The more doesn’t mean the better. More efficient is to choose 2-3 significant outcomes and describe their effect comprehensively. Examples:
- The one-child-per-family policy in China influences family relations.
- A lack of education results in discrimination and racism.
- Living together before getting married makes marital relationships better.
However, some topics might be developed both ways. The crucial thing is to choose one direction. And don’t try to dig deep into both causes and effects at the same time.
Whatever your topic is, and regardless of its focus, here is a very helpful diagram (aka Ishikawa or fishbone diagram). It will help you to structure the arguments and optimize the process of writing.
If your topic is focus-on-effects, just mirror the diagram so that it shows multiple effects.
Here you can find an online diagram template that is easy to fill and organize your thoughts.
🤖 Cause and Effect Topics on Technologies
- Unregulated artificial intelligence development can cause huge risks for humanity . The rapid progress of AI not only revealed new opportunities but also created reasons to be concerned.
- Artificial intelligence can reorganize whole industries . Just like the Industrial Revolution in the XVIII-XIX centuries turned the whole civilization upside down.
- Is a robot becoming the next president? How will it affect the democratic regime, social policy, or international diplomacy?
- What led to the battles for the militarization of space among countries? Refer to the Cold War and its role in the development of space research.
- Impact of information technology on a clothing company – a case study .
- Autonomous cars will reduce the number of traffic accidents.
- Effects of technology on human resource management .
- How does the increasing technological development influence our safety?
- What are the primary causes of people being skeptical about implanting microchips?
- The negative effects of poor information system planning .
- How does mass In-vitro fertilization shape the birth rates?
🕴️ Good Cause and Effect Topics on Business
- Why do college dropouts become successful entrepreneurs? What can be the causes of such a scenario?
- The Covid-19 crisis encouraged people to support small businesses . What are the benefits for the small sector and the broad range of suppliers?
- High competitiveness made it harder to develop a startup and enter a market . Provide the exact obstacles that entrepreneurs can face.
- Do online business courses undermine the authority of University programs? What can be the impact on the educational system?
- Major causes of businesses becoming bankrupt nowadays . It would be easy to use the Covid-19 economic crisis but consider other reasons.
- What can stimulate employees’ productivity to rise? Consider different incentives: salary, working schedule, regular training, team building, etc.
- How do monopolies affect the market?
- The accessibility of online shopping stimulated higher rates of consumerism.
- The influence of sustainable business on firm performance .
- Investment in social media advertising results in the attraction of a larger audience.
💰 Cause and Effect Topics on Economic
- The humanitarian crisis causes problems in all spheres of life . Provide the actual consequences on social, economic, and environmental issues.
- The role of feminism in the gender wage gap . Use examples of some public feminist movements that led to changes in women’s wages.
- Effects of Covid-19 lockdown on economics . How did the lockdown affect airlines? It can be a particular airline’s survival strategy or the industry in general.
- Climate change contributes to substituting petroleum with alternative energy sources . Discuss how the energy sector is influenced by climate change.
- What makes people invest in real estate during the world economic crisis?
- Consumer behavior and culture consequences.
- What influences the changes in the prices of products in the shops?
- What are the impacts of increasing unemployment?
- Do higher salaries for teachers result in better performance of students?
- What are the causes of a financial crisis in developed countries?
- How does e-marketing affect consumer behavior?
- How does the wealth of some persons affect the global economic equation?
📱 Cause and Effect Essay Topics on Social Media
- Effects of social networks on education. With free access to the Internet, students can easily exchange materials. At the same time, their work may lack individuality.
- Social media marketing has influenced the ways brands build up their vital activity . How do brands communicate with their clients, create a community of fans, participate in collaborations, etc.?
- Why are some trends becoming global while others are not? Explain why some social media trends have become viral and are supported worldwide.
- How does social media affect our perceptions of reality?
- Should we restrict children’s access to social media?
- The possibility of having a fake identity online increases the level of danger.
- Uncontrolled use of social media results in bad consequences for mental health.
- Social media usage in market research and forecasting.
- How has real-life communication changed with social media?
- How does social media influence sports brands’ marketing?
- What role does social media play in social inequality?
- Nursing career enhancement through social media.
- What can be the ways social media causes anxiety and depression?
🍲 Cause and Effect Ideas on Food
- Buying local food products increases sustainability . Local product supply is shorter: it saves the workforce, money, and the environment.
- A plant-based diet can have a great impact on climate change . The intense consumption of meat and dairy products contributes to global warming.
- Microplastic in food damage human health. What are the actual consequences of microplastic intake for human health?
- Why do some people prefer to meal prep for the week ? Think of why it is more convenient for some people to cook for the whole week in advance.
- COVID-19 isolation stimulated many people to cook at home. How could it affect the catering industry?
- What are the harmful effects of fast food advertisements on children?
- Positive and negative effects of the Japanese diet on human health.
- How does genetically modified food affect human health?
- The cult of healthy eating made many people change their eating habits.
- Food & stress relationship and gender differences.
- What has facilitated the increasing popularity of the raw food diet?
🏞️ Good Cause and Effect Topics on Environment
- Activists like Greta Thunberg play a massive role in environmental protection . Consider the cases when certain persons contributed more than organizations.
- Will ecological policy on the state level make people have a sustainable lifestyle ? Take one country and provide the actual results of such policy’s efficiency.
- Deforestation makes many species lose their natural habitat . Discuss other effects of deforestation.
- Cow power utilization can save the planet from global warming . Research the methane collection from cows and describe the effect on the atmosphere.
- What may lead to the extinction of some species of fish? For example, increasing sea temperature or water pollution, etc.
- What are the main benefits of paper recycling?
- What can be the causes of massive malaria and cholera increase?
- Environmental change and impact on health .
- How do the natural environment and its condition impact human health?
- What can be the consequences of glaciers melting in Antarctica?
- Climate change impact on business activity in Malawi .
- How has the explosive population growth been affecting the environment?
- What can be the consequences of inaccurate weather forecasting?
- Climate change as a health determinant.
💉 Cause and Effect Topics on Health
- How do mental problems affect the strength of immunity?
- Regular junk food consumption influences the ability of an organism to produce energy.
- Use of marijuana: positive and negative effects on health.
- What can be the causes of poor digestion?
- What diseases can be caused by a lack of moral support?
- Effects of sleep on academic performance .
- Self-treatment can lead to making your disease worse.
- Which environmental changes can sharpen asthma and chronic bronchitis
- Music in nursing: positive effects and innovative strategies .
- How does belonging to a particular social class affect the health of a person?
- Regular annual health check-ups positively affect a person’s well-being.
- Dancing and its effects on self-esteem .
- What are the reasons some people become vaccine-hesitant ?
⛷️ Cause and Effect Essay Topics on Sports
- What are the consequences of steroid abuse in sports?
- What are the ways for a human body to generate vital hormones?
- What is the effect of physical activity on academic achievement?
- How do sports from a young age affect kids’ socialization?
- Does youth sports play a part in character formation?
- How has feminism influenced the development of sports nowadays?
- Causes and effects of implementing corporate social responsibility in sports
- The presence of politics in worldwide competitions shapes the course of events.
🚬 Cause and Effect Ideas on Smoking
- Smoking in public places: health & economic effects .
- Increasing prices for cigarettes reduce the number of people smoking.
- The rates of lung and bronchus cancer among smoking adults in the U.S
- Effects of smoking on different organ systems.
- Why do teenager smoke?
- Effects of passive smoking.
- Tobacco under fire: advertising a harmful product.
🤝 Cause and Effect Essay Topics on Relationships
- How do family members’ financial capabilities shape a family’s overall well-being?
- Impact of the pandemic on people’s life.
- What are the effects of both spouses having stable jobs?
- Information and communication technology: impacts on society .
- The amount and quality of communication may determine the durability of relationships.
- The role of the father in the child’s life.
- How does parents’ divorce influence children ?
- Work-family conflict: antecedents and consequences .
- Which are the major issues leading to breakups nowadays?
- What difficulties may a bicultural couple face?
- Do stay-at-home mothers exhibit more indicators of happiness than full-time working mothers?
- What are the reasons for parents following particular role models ?
- How does students’ attendance affect the psychological climate in the class?
- College students’ internet addiction and family relationships.
🏮Good Cause and Effect Topics on Culture
- How does mass media influence the perception of different issues?
- The importance of nonverbal communication .
- What are the significant effects of learning Chinese?
- Frequent visits to museums stimulate the development of a sense of beauty.
- The importance of understanding cultural differences in international business.
- How does the choice of college shape an individual’s circle of friends?
- Regular reading broadens the conceptual frames of an individual.
- The importance of an organization’s culture in nursing management.
- What were the consequences of mass media broadcasting beauty standards in the 1990-2000-s?
- Impact of culture on multinational marketing.
- Consumerism culture is the biggest threat to our planet.
- Chinese culture of one-child-per-family affects the ways parents raise their children.
🤝 Cause and Effect Topics on Social Issues
- Do stricter immigration policies cause additional tension or help?
- How do social determinants impact the quality of life?
- How do businesses aggravate or solve social issues?
- What is the primary cause of religious oppression?
- Gun Control: Does It Reduce or Increase Crime?
- Can the development of the feminist movement undermine the family institution?
- Drug Abuse in Adolescents: The Causes.
- What are the causes and effects of changes in tax legislation?
- Can increasing donations to the unemployed demotivate them?
- Health effects of environmental change.
- Growing up with food insecurity develops criminal inclinations in children.
- What are the most significant effects of illiteracy on human life?
- Effects of substance abuse amongst the military.
- Cause and effect of the internet on the promotion of social programs.
- How does depression affect a person’s work performance?
- Revolutionary change and its impact on women.
- What leads to homelessness, and what economic problems does it bring about?
- Population growth and related problems.
- International adoption may bridge the gap between advanced and developing countries.
- Drug and alcohol effects on emotional intelligence.
- Find the causes and effects of the popularity of social trends.
- What are the acute effects of gender inequality in the United States?
- The effects of teasing and name calling on children.
- What are the consequences of language barriers for minority groups?
- What causes retired or disabled people to look for employment?
🏺 Cause and Effect Essay Topics on Historical Issues
- Although slavery was abolished, it continues to produce effects on present-day society.
- The WWII veterans’ war experience has dramatically influenced their life.
- The Motives of Individual Soldiers Who Fought in the Civil War .
- What effects does religion have on modern society?
- How may the history of a state influence its present-day political and economic status?
- The origins of the Cold War.
- What triggered the Arab Spring , and what results did it bring about?
- What are the critical effects of British colonialism?
- The Great Depression: what are the causes and effects?
- How has the invention of printing changed the status of the mass media?
- Globalization influenced the present-day position of women.
- Oil discovery in the United Arab Emirates: historical research.
- How did the French revolution affect its success in the political arena?
- Causes and effects of the Colombian drug wars: economic and social aspects.
- American revolutionary war, its causes & effects.
- The state of abject poverty in developing countries triggers illegal immigration.
- Excessive immigration to America in the 20th century created plenty of economic problems.
- Natural resources’ role in the wars.
- The appearance of online sales brought businesses to a new level.
- What are the relationships between terroristic activity and American drone attacks?
- The history of the US that led to 9/11.
- Cause and effect analysis of the increased militancy of North Korea.
📜 Cause and Effect Ideas on Educational Problems
- How is the school curriculum affected by standardized testing?
- Use of computer technology for education process & the role of teachers.
- Being labeled an indigo kid often ruins students’ life.
- How do ADHD, dyslexia, or other problems affect the quality of the received education?
- Can we use video games as educational tools?
- Why is studying boring?
- Do technologies undermine the quality of learning?
- Ways to stop bullying at school: addressing children’s needs.
- The use of eBooks and interactive boards in class.
- How does homeschooling impact future education?
- Shakespeare’s influence on the English language.
- What benefits do charter schools have?
- What effects do anti-bullying programs have?
- Should schools distribute condoms among students?
- Did single-sex classrooms lead to lower socialization skills?
- Do school uniforms make children less prejudiced?
- How to prevent obesity in schools?
- Can racial integration lead to total elimination of bias?
- Living on campus develops independence.
- Should mandatory vaccination at school be eliminated?
- English language learning in early school.
- Why do students show poor performance on international exams?
- Why do some educational institutions fail to prepare good specialists?
- Latino school-age population and obesity.
- Does physical education have a positive effect on elementary students?
- Longer school days negatively influence students’ performance.
- School counselors crisis management.
😉 Optimistic Cause and Effect Topics
- Can video games boost students’ IQ?
- Economic impacts of World Cup.
- Does optimism improve immunity?
- What is the positive impact of the environment on families?
- Using social media improves communication skills.
- The promotion of bicycle use helps reduce traffic jams .
- What is the impact of media on the police image?
- Social media can help teens with their socialization process.
- Living together before marriage makes relationships stronger.
- Effects of animal reburial on soil structure and water.
- How does a happy marriage influence the health of a person?
- The history and positive effects of meditation.
- Going to college affects the decision-making skills of a person.
- What are the effects of the abortion ban ?
- The impact of corporate social responsibility on contemporary organizations.
- Does self-isolation result in harmful consequences for health?
- Concentrating on your meal contributes to better digestion of food.
- The influence of sustainable business on firm performance.
- An inferiority complex makes people create fake identities on social media.
- How will artificial intelligence influence our future?
- A lack of education results in low tolerance.
- The boom of fast food causes a growth in obesity rates in the US .
- Why does the fear of side effects make people avoid vaccinations?
- Insufficient physical activity increases the risk of a heart attack .
🪁 Miscellaneous Cause and Effect Essay Topics
- Does cramming affect test scores?
- How does advertising affect price elasticity?
- How do illegal ways of music downloading hurt the creativity of the artist?
- How can watching good movies impact the vision of a person?
- Factors affecting the efficiency of financial institutions in the UAE.
- What can be the significant impacts of insomnia on everyday life?
- Uncontrolled use of the Internet at a young age can result in mental health disorders in the future.
- How do business strategies affect HR strategies?
- Reading fiction helps develop empathy.
- Risk factors of contraceptive failures resulting in pregnancies.
- Does a sense of humor help improve personal relations?
- How does an unhealthy diet influence career opportunities?
- What are the major causes of currency rate fluctuations?
🎓 Cause and Effect Essay Topics for College Students
- How does technological development influence the process of education?
- Greenhouse effect and global warming .
- What are the positive and negative effects of studying abroad?
- Organized crime in Russia and the impact on the economy .
- How does cheating in school affect other spheres of life?
- Global warming affects wildlife.
- What are the results of regular cramming instead of exercising and understanding?
- Childhood obesity: causes and consequences.
🧒 Fun Cause and Effect Essay Topics
- Do changes in the weather influence people’s moods?
- Reasons behind fast food addiction in the UAE .
- Having a pet makes its owners more friendly towards other pets.
- Influencer marketing impacts consumer behavior.
- Frequent eating of junk food causes many health diseases among children.
- Food prices increase: causes and solutions.
- Cleaning your room boosts your productivity.
- The impact of a growing elderly population .
- Doing homework helps students be more appreciated by teachers.
- What caused the increase of conspiracy theories believers?
- Cybercrime and its impact in the Gulf Cooperation Council region .
- Regular traveling makes you more open to different lifestyles.
- The impact of healthcare reform on nursing practitioners .
- What would happen if the sun disappeared?
- What would happen if the moon disappeared?
- Nursing informatics – how can it impact nurses’ work?
- The level and sphere of education impact music taste.
- What are the critical effects of political activism on society?
- How does a change in one’s socioeconomic status affect tolerance towards different layers of society?
- Cause and Effect – Writing for Success: University of Minnesota
- Cause and Effect Essay Examples
- Cause-and-Effect Essay: University of Michigan Press
- Cause and Effect Essay Paper Topics
- 100 Cause and Effect Essay Topics
- Teacher Discusses a Cause/Effect Essay – Writing Cause/Effect Essays: Coursera.org
351 Anxiety Research Topics & Essay Titles (Argumentative, Informative, and More)
169 the lottery essay topics & questions for analysis and argumentative papers.
40 Best Topics for Cause and Effect Essay
What subject to choose when it comes to cause and effect essay writing. We have collected some good ideas to get you started with your essay. Choosing the essay topic for cause and effect essay type is not difficult, here are some good sample essay topics:
- Effects of Pollution
- The Changes in the Ocean
- The Civil Rights Movement and the Effects
- Causes and Effects of the Popularity of Fast Food Restaurants
- Internet Influence on kids
- Popularity of Sports in US
- Effects of professional sport on children
- Alcohol and nervous system
- Domestic violence
- Growing up with a single parent
- Effect of school bullying on children
- Putin politics against the neighboring countries
- Music effects on human body
- Dating at young age
- What causes some women to repeatedly get involved in destructive relationships
- Earthquakes and potential dangers they bring
- Social media effect on young people
- Growing up in poverty
- Stress impact on health
- Impact of drug use on human body
- The influence of my favorite movie/book on me
- How war in Syria effects US
- What impact smoking has on a pregnant woman
- Telling lies. The cause and effect
- The causes of divorces
- What is the impact of genetically engineered food
- What causes a tsunami
- What causes racism
- How globalization affects economy
- What was your cause of choosing your major/your college
- The effects of credit culture
- What are causes and effects of terrorism
- What makes a person to be a good teacher/mother/doctor/artist
- What are the effects of homeschooling
- What causes heart problems
- What caused the WWII
- Effects of online dating
- Uber influence on the taxi drivers
- How happy relationships affect a person
- How travelling the world affects life and personality
Make sure you choose the essay topic that is important for you. Choosing the correct essay topic makes your cause and effect essay more successful. Speaking from your heart and mind instead of listing some vague ideas brings your writing to the next level and makes a great effect on your reader.
- 5-paragraph Essay
- Admission Essay
- Argumentative Essay
- Cause and Effect Essay
- Classification Essay
- Comparison Essay
- Critical Essay
- Deductive Essay
- Definition Essay
- Exploratory Essay
- Expository Essay
- Informal Essay
- Literature Essay
- Narrative Essay
- Personal Essay
- Persuasive Essay
- Research Essay
- Response Essay
- Scholarship Essay
150+ Unique Cause and Effect Essay Topics for Students
Table of Contents
Have your teacher asked you to submit a cause-and-effect essay? Are you looking for the best cause-and-effect essay topics? Don’t worry! It is not a tedious task to compose a cause-and-effect essay. If you have a good topic, then you can effortlessly craft a brilliant cause-and-effect essay within hours. Basically, you can find several cause-and-effect essay topics online. But out of them all, picking one perfect essay topic is a challenging task.
In case, you are struggling to find the right cause-and-effect essay topic, take a look at this blog post. For your convenience, here, in this blog post, we have presented a list of 100 interesting cause-and-effect essay topic ideas on diverse fields of study. Additionally, we have also shared some important topic selection tips.
Explore this blog post and get ideas for writing an outstanding cause-and-effect essay.
What is a Cause and Effect Essay?
A cause-and-effect essay is a kind of argumentative essay. Basically, this essay type discusses the causes and effects of a specific issue. When it comes to writing the cause-and-effect essay, you as a writer should analyze a particular issue from various points of view. Also, you should build sensible claims regarding your topic by including valid evidence.
Like other academic essay types, the cause-and-effect essay should also be structured properly with essential sections such as the introduction, body, and conclusion. If you structure the essay as per the standard essay format, then it would be easy for your readers to get a clear understanding of your thoughts. In general, teachers often ask students to submit this essay because of the various benefits it holds. Mainly, by writing a cause-and-effect essay you can build your critical thinking, logical and persuasive skills.
Cause and Effect Essay Topic Selection Tips
For writing a brilliant cause-and-effect essay, a good topic is necessary. Usually, while assigning your essay writing assignment, your instructors will suggest any themes or a list of topics for you to choose from. But at times, they will ask you to bring a good essay topic of your choice. In such a case, you may experience trouble in finding the best cause-and-effect essay topic.
Whenever you are asked to choose a cause-and-effect essay topic on your own, during topic selection, keep the following tips in mind.
- Find your field of interest and choose a topic from that field.
- Choose a topic that is unique and relevant to your field of study.
- Avoid selecting a topic that is too vast or too narrow.
- If your topic is too wide, narrow it down by identifying a specific subtopic, scenario, or action.
- Give preference to a topic that allows you to explain the causes and effects of a particular issue.
- Go with a topic that excites you as well as your readers.
- Pick a topic that has enough evidence and credible sources for references.
- Select a topic that is convincing and informative.
- Finalize the topic only if it meets the essay writing guidelines shared by your instructor.
Adhering to all these tips will help you to come up with the right cause-and-effect essay topic. But if you wish to score top grades, then consult with your supervisor and get approval for your topic. Seeking guidance from your supervisor will help you to craft an informative cause-and-effect essay which in turn will improve your overall academic performance.
List of Cause and Effect Essay Topics and Ideas
Basically, essay topic selection is a time-consuming process that requires more effort. Therefore, to help you in finding the perfect essay topic, below, we have compiled a list of the top cause-and-effect essay topics on various themes and disciplines.
Explore the entire list and pick one topic that matches your interest.
Cause and Effect Essay Topics on Environmental Science
- Describe the impact of human behavior on global warming.
- Explain the effects of air pollution on the environment.
- Why is it important to conserve water?
- Present the causes and effects of Antarctica floods.
- What are the effects of pollution on the ocean?
- Discuss the effects of deforestation on global warming.
- Share the effects of population density on human occupancy.
- What are the leading causes of natural disasters?
- Explain how water vapor causes the greenhouse effect.
- Discuss the harmful effects of animal hunting on the ecosystem.
- Examine the cause and effects of plastic pollution
- Why are greenhouse gases considered the key contributors to global warming?
- Analyze the causes and effects of bushfires in Australia
- Discuss the cause and effects of floods in Australia in the past 10 years
- Why does the Netherlands stand at the highest level of flood risk?
- Describe the effect of urbanization on the environment.
- What are the effects of famine on the human population?
- Why is it important to manage wildfires?
- What causes volcanic eruptions?
- Describe the effect of overpopulation on the environment.
Psychology Cause and Effect Essay Ideas
- Examine the causes and effects of tropical storms and hurricanes
- Analysis of the impact of 3Rs (reduce, reuse, and recycle) strategies on the environment
- Examine the cause and effects of earthquakes
- Discuss the causes and effects of toxic relationships.
- Explain the effects of single decision-making in marriages.
- What are the effects of parents’ divorce on the life of the children?
- Discuss the effects of child abuse.
- How is social anxiety affecting youth?
- Explain the impact of temperament on child development.
- Analyze the causes of anxiety in young teens.
- Discuss the effects of poor eating habits on a person’s mental health.
- What are the causes of learning disabilities?
- Explain why continuous mental stress affects the sleeping pattern.
- Examine the causes and effects of Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Why are anxiety, stress, depression, and behavioral disorders the leading causes of disability and illness among adolescents?
Cause and Effect Essay Topics on Healthcare
- Analyze the effects of idealistic beauty commercials on young girls.
- What are the causes of a heart attack?
- Describe bullying and its effects on health.
- Discuss the effects of air pollution on allergic reactions such as asthma.
- What are the negative effects of eating junk food?
- How can pregnancy cause stress?
- Discuss the effects of alcohol on the nervous system.
- What are the impacts of smoking on a pregnant mother?
- Discuss the causes and effects of stress in miscarriages.
- Explain how sugary foods affect attention.
Sports Cause and Effect Essay Ideas
- What are the causes of violence in sports?
- Discuss the causes behind the growing demand for sports psychologists.
- Share the effects of steroids on sportsmen’s performance.
- Explain the effects of regular workouts.
- What causes a lack of interest in sports?
- How can playing team sports develop social skills?
- Discuss the effects of outdoor games on children’s health.
- How have the Olympics affected overall international relations?
- Explain the effects of sports on children.
- Discuss the effects of exercises on a person’s well-being.
Cause and Effect Essay Topics on Social Media
- Explain the effects of social media on cyberbullying.
- What are the effects of social media on education?
- Explain the impacts of social media on business.
- What causes social media to lose popularity?
- How can social media influence kids?
- Discuss the effects of social media on relationships.
- Explain the effects of social media on the beauty industry.
- What are the effects of online dating?
- Analyze the effect of social media on public opinion.
- What are the impacts of social media on youth?
Read More – Best Social Media Essay Topics and Ideas For Students
Cause and Effect Essay Topics on Technology
- What are the causes and effects of providing advanced classes?
- Discuss the positive and negative aspects of wireless technology.
- How do smartphones affect business practices?
- Using mobile phones at night causes poor quality sleep.
- How does online dating affect an individual’s life?
- Explain the causes and effects of playing candy crush.
- Discuss the effects of technology on family time.
- What are the effects of technology in surgery?
- Explain the cause and effects of the unnecessary use of cell phones.
- What causes data protection?
- Describe the causes some women to repeatedly get involved in destructive relationships
- Critically analyze the effects of social media networking sites on the psychological development of adolescents
- Cause and effects of the invention of the IoT (Internet of Things)
- What is the impact of social media on the increasing popularity of plastic surgery and other enhancements?
- What are some of the benefits and drawbacks of owning a smartphone
Cause and Effect Essay Ideas on Medicine and Health
- How does bad posture affect bone health?
- Discuss the causes and effects of drug resistance to antibiotic drugs.
- What causes depression among elders?
- Explain the causes and effects of waterborne disease.
- Discuss the causes of schizophrenia in children.
- Explain the causes of chickenpox.
- What are the effects of exercise on physical health?
- How can acne affect a teenager’s life?
- Junk food can cause the risk of child obesity.
- Discuss the effects of poor diet on health.
Personal Cause and Effect Essay Topics
- Do dirty rooms make us uncomfortable?
- Reading books makes you creative.
- Discuss the primary cause of ending a relationship with someone.
- Does watching animated movies make you optimistic?
- How does helping someone change you?
- Is our IQ linked with our hair color?
- How does growing up with a single parent affect a child?
- Write about the effects of colors on mood.
- What influences people to change their image?
- Hormonal changes cause mood swings.
Unique Cause and Effect Essay Topics
- How do cell phones affect communication among people?
- What effects does smoking have on nonsmokers?
- Discuss the effects of having strict parents.
- What are the effects of gender inequality on our society?
- Explain the effects of growing up in a poor household.
- Share the adverse effects of terrorism on education.
- What are the causes and effects of illegal immigration?
- Discuss the cause and effects of dropping out of college.
- What influence does music have on people’s lives?
- Explain the effects of keeping a pet at home.
- What has been the impact of online shopping on brick-and-mortar stores?
- Cause and Effects of the AIDS Epidemic and COVID-19 Pandemic on Society
- What were the effects of doping on amateur and professional sports?
- Discuss the effect of social commentary of famous athletes on their fans
- Describe the factors that led to the war between Syria on the United States and analyze the effect of this war on both countries.
Excellent Cause and Effect Essay Topics
- What are the effects of online shopping?
- Discuss the effects of a physical education program on college students.
- What are the pros and cons of school uniforms?
- Discuss the effects of inadequate sanitation on a community.
- How non-profit organizations affect local communities.
- What are the causes of animal brutality?
- Explain the effects of ignorance on discrimination.
- What are the causes of obesity among teens?
- Explain the effects of working from home.
- What effect does birth order have on personality?
- Analysis of the Cause and Effects of postmodern feminism in India
- Describe the cause and effects of the vernacular of fatphobia in the Popular Culture of America
- Analysis of the cause and effects of the culture of remote work on low-income families of developing nations
- Compare and contrast the cause and effects of the Ebola and COVID-19 pandemics on the global economy
- Discuss the cause and effects of promoting Diversity and Inclusivity in line with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
High-quality Cause and Effect Essay Topics
- After-school Activities for High School Students and Middle School Students: Analytical Essay Ethical Dilemmas Inside Lessons in Middle School HPE Classes
- Reflections on My Middle School Entrance Exam from My Educational Autobiography
- Right of parents to choose not to vaccinate their children
- The Different Types, Signs, and Effects of Dementia
- Later school starts for better health and academics: Pollen Allergy Causes, Common Symptoms, and Treatment
- Examples of essays that are relevant to health on how toxic/abusive relationships and recurrent family and social rejection affect the mental health of third gender
- Essay on The Ideal School: How Elementary, Middle, and High School Education Differ
- Are people naturally good or bad? Critical analysis of the story in an essay the Terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day of Alexander
- The Importance Of A Critical Viewpoint In Modern Social Psychology
- Understanding social issues and enhancing social situations through social psychology
- Analyze the cause and effects of the late capitalist concept on low-income workers
- Analysis of the Cause and Effects of rape, teen pregnancy, and Delegitimization of birth control pills Women’s Right to their own bodies
- Discuss the cause and effects of the gap between committing to advancing equality and corporate efforts to implement women’s empowerment programs
- Critical analysis of the cause and effects of fast fashion on the textile industry of the United States
- Analyze the cause and effects of the transition from cash to digital payrolls in developing countries
Outstanding Cause and Effect Essay Topics
- What are the causes of homelessness?
- Discuss the impacts of body shaming on people.
- In what ways does religion influence society?
- Discuss the impact of the rise of ISIS on international security.
- What are the impacts of death sentences on social justice?
- Analyze the impact of marriage equality in America
- Explain the impact of LGBTQ+ representation in TV and movies.
- What are the effects of gerrymandering on voting?
- What events led to the fall of the Roman Empire?
- Analyze the effects of mindfulness on mental health.
Hopefully, the list of cause-and-effect essay topic ideas suggested in this blog post would help you to come up with an amazing academic essay. In case, you need an expert’s help with cause-and-effect essay topic selection, writing, or editing, immediately approach us. To offer you high-quality essay writing help online, we have top-rated essay helpers on our team. Typically, our essay writers are skilled enough to prepare content for all types of academic essays including cause-and-effect essays. Without any hesitation, just book your order and utilize the benefits of our essay writing help services online.
To get essay writing help online from our professionals, simply fill in your essay requirements in the order form and click the submit button. According to your essay specifications, our academic writers will compose and deliver you premium quality essay content on time at an affordable price.
Just utilize our budget-friendly assignment writing help services and score an A+ grade!
50+ Interesting DBMS Project Ideas for Students
50+ Web Development Project Ideas to Update Your Skills
Learn How to Write an Outstanding 900-Word Essay
Comments are closed.
- Featured Posts
Get to Know How to Write a Reflective Essay
What are the different types of essay format, apa vs. mla: know the major differences between the citation styles, top 155 bioethics topics to consider for writing a research paper, 145 best java project ideas for beginners and experts, 220 innovative technology research topics for students, 10 reasons why artificial intelligence is important, 75+ influential essay words you should know, 110 innovative mechanical engineering projects ideas, how many pages is 2500 words, get help instantly.
Raise Your Grades with Great Assignment Help
90 Best Cause and Effect Essay Topics
The first step when working on such an assignment is looking for cause and effect essay ideas, but this is never easy for many students. Some take hours in front of their computers and still fail to get good cause and effect topics for their work, but we are here to help.
In this post, we list the best 90 topics for cause and effect essay that you can use to win top grades. From the college to fun topics for cause and effect essays, we have them all. So, go ahead and select the one you prefer, use it as it is, or tweak a little to reflect your preference.
Just before we dive right in, let’s look at some tips about choosing cause and effect essay topics.
How to Select a Good Cause and Effect Topic for Your Essay
Before looking at the best good cause and effect essay topics, it is important to understand how to select the perfect idea. Here are some tips to help you select the best topic for research:
- Understand the Essay Prompt from Your Teacher
This is perhaps the most important factor when looking for the best essay topics. Although some teachers might leave everything open for you, many are the times that they restrict students to specific areas of study. For example, a teacher might ask students to work on cause and effect assignments in education, technology, or health.
- Select an Essay Topic that is Interesting
If you pick any topic, there is a risk of getting bored midways and producing a low-quality essay. Therefore, the topic for cause and effect essay that you select should be interesting, making you want to discover more. Where possible, consider selecting a topic that you might want to pursue at higher levels of education, such as a masters or Ph.D.
- Go for the Topic with Clear Causes and Effects
When preparing a cause and effect essay, you should always remember that the ultimate goal is getting higher markets. Therefore, go for topics with clear causes and consequences. Then, use every paragraph to clearly capture the key points and support them with evidence such as statistics and quotes.
- Choose a Cause or Effect Based Topic
You need a focus to do a great presentation of your ideas. It will help you to streamline your ideas so that you can achieve your goals faster. A cause and effect essay topic already shows two aspects of your research. For every cause, there will be a resulting effect. You can then tailor your search towards the effect of the action you are working on in the topic.
Coupled with other tips given, make sure that the topic you are choosing resonates with you. You should put yourself into the whole process to achieve the best result.
- Only Pick Topics with Ample Resources to Support Your Arguments
If you want to find writing your essay easy, only select the topic that is supported by ample resources. So, start by reviewing the available literature to determine if they are adequate to prepare the essay. Remember that you should only stick to resources, such as books and journals that are not older than five years since their publishing.
Now that you know what to look out for, let’s check out the best topics from which you can select a topic.
Good Cause and Effect Topic
- What are the main effects of pollution across the globe?
- The civil rights movement development: What are the effects?
- Explain the causes and effects of the growing popularity of fast-food restaurants.
- Internet influence on teenagers.
- Alcohol and nervous system.
- What are the main causes of domestic violence?
- The impact of stress on a person’s health.
- A closer look at earthquakes and the devastation they cause.
- What makes women stick to abusive relationships?
- A closer look at the impacts of drugs on the human body.
- How does the war in Syria impact the United States?
- Globalization and its impacts on the local economy.
- What are the causes and impacts of terrorism?
- What causes racism?
- What are the implications of a credit culture?
Best Cause and Effect Topics
- Explain the primary effects of poverty on children.
- What are the impacts of young children using mobile phones?
- What makes adults enjoy animated movies just like children?
- School uniforms: Do they make students more disciplined?
- Promoting the use of bikes to work can help reduce traffic jams.
- Is social media the best place for teenagers to socialize?
- Courtship makes relationships more effective and enjoyable.
- What are the causes and effects of infidelity in relationships?
- What are the effects of parents’ involvement in their kid’s education?
- The effects of bullying on student’s mental health.
- Why do a lot of students believe that homework is useless?
- What are the main reasons for the rising rates of crime in the Middle East?
Fun Cause and Effect Essay Topics
- What causes a person to feel depressed?
- What causes men to feel afraid of commitment in relationships?
- What makes children become rebellious to their parents?
- Sibling rivalry: What are the causes and effects?
- What causes people to lack adequate medical cover?
- What causes allergies?
- Does college education help people have a better marriage?
- What causes homelessness in the United States?
- What makes video games popular?
- What are the critical effects of colonialism in developing countries?
- Technology undermines the quality of education: Explain.
- What are the effects of going to college in an individual’s life?
- How to lose or gain popularity today.
Easy Cause and Effect Essay Topics
- What are the factors that make kids successful?
- Using Coke every day: What are the implications on our health?
- What are the things that can make a successful blogger when still in college?
- What are the effects of waking up early in the morning every day?
- Playing violent video games: What are the impacts?
- Outline the impacts of keeping pets at home.
- Why are some teachers the favorites for students?
- Outline the impacts of terrorism on education.
- Why do kids love their parents?
- Eating junk food: What are the impacts?
- What are the main causes of poverty in developing countries?
- Exploring the effects of World War II.
- Why do girls enjoy playing with their fathers?
- Open campus learning: What are the pros and cons?
- What are the causes of high obesity rates in kids today?
Cause and Effect Essay Topics for College
- How does traveling impact a person’s life?
- Evaluating the impact of retirement on baby boomers.
- Causes and effects of increased use of technology in businesses.
- What are the effects of online shopping on people’s shopping behavior?
- What are the causes and effects of species extinction?
- Unemployment as a psychological issue.
- Broken relationships can result in mental stress.
- What are the implications of mobile phones use in colleges?
- Impacts of standardized tests on student’s decisions to advance their education.
- Does technology help people to understand complex subjects more easily?
- What are the causes of high anxiety levels among teenagers?
- Team leaders can influence the motivation of a team.
- Steroids affect athletes’ performance.
- What makes some sports to be more popular with kids than others?
- What are the impacts of tech advancement in the entertainment industry?
Interesting Cause and Effect Research Topics
- Explore the natural causes of global warming.
- What causes immigrants in the US to face challenges in getting a job?
- Causes of high levels of crimes in society.
- What are the main causes and impacts of racism in society?
- Outline the causes and effects of drug abuse.
- What are the causes and consequences of cheating in examinations?
- The causes and effect of family structure on an individual’s personality.
- What are the effects of tutors on their students?
- What are the causes of a lack of interest in social media?
- Online shopping makes people spend more money.
- Playing high professional sports can impact children positively.
- Kids who engage in physical activities are very disciplined in their lives.
- What is the relationship between lung cancer and smoking?
- How do non-profit institutions impact the local homeless population?
- Exploring the relationship of poor quality water in the healthcare industry.
- Baby boomers approaching their retirement age: What are their reactions?
- Causes and effects of unemployment for people with disabilities.
- The causes and effects of birth control for the society.
- What makes more girls than boys to suffer from Anorexia Nervosa?
- Explain a book that greatly affected your life.
Cause and Effect Essay Topics on Health
- What are the causes and effects of inadequate health insurance in developing nations?
- How does overworking affect the human nervous system?
- What effect does the development of innovative medical cures have?
- What are the causes and effects of the spread of HIV/AIDS?
- How does abortion affect a woman’s reproductive system?
- What are the causes of the high demand of sports psychologists?
- Does remote work affect people’s mental health in any way?
- What are the effects of wearing a nose mask all day?
- What are the effects of the choice of food we eat on our mental health?
- Why are college students feeling more anxiety?
- What does the microbiome cause? Depression or mental health?
- What are the main causes and effects of depression among college students?
- What effects does alcohol have on someone’s perception?
- What are the effects of our mental health on our body shape?
- How does solitary confinement affect a person’s mental health?
- What are the effects of inadequate access to primary healthcare on people?
- What are the causes and effects of a sedentary lifestyle in people?
- What are the causes and effects of obesity on people?
- What effects does sleep have on our brain health?
- What are the causes and effects of chickenpox in adults?
How to Use These Effect and Causes Essays
Knowing the best essay cause and effect might not be enough, you should also know how to use them. Some college students might even have an idea of what topic to write on but don’t know how to present them.
We have compiled a short guide on how you can use these ideas for your essay topics.
- You can reword some of the essay topics to suit the project. For example, your essay topic may be on a different subject from the ones listed above like global warming, or civil war. All you need to do is to reconstruct to suit your given task.
- You can choose to repeat the words verbatim as long as it corresponds to your research subject.
- Make use of questions for your given the to aid organization of your work.
- You can use the question for your title or attach it to your topic.
After Selecting the Best Topic, What Next?
Notably, selecting the preferred topic for your speech or essay is only the first step in writing your essay. Indeed, the bigger task, which includes researching your topic, developing the paper structure, and following the recommended guideline provided by your teacher, has just started. This is no easy task for most students.
If you find it challenging to craft your essay, perhaps because of poor writing skills, multiple assignments, or a tight deadline, there is no need to worry because we are here to help. We have the best writers in every discipline, and you can count on them for unique, plagiarism-free, and A-rated essays. See- no need for stress at all!
Some more cause and effect topics for your inspiration
The most popular cause and effects topics.
- Cause and effects of increasing social media addiction
- Cause and effects of hike in divorce rates post marriage
- Cause and effects of consumption of fast food
- Cause and effects of mental health awareness
- Cause and effects of learning music from an early age
Cause and effect topics start with “why”
- Why do people commit suicide?
- Why feminism is the talk of the hour?
- Why children get addicted to certain videos?
- Why owning a pet can be healthy?
- Why is plastic waste a concern to the planet?
The simplest cause and effects topics
- Causes and effects of college education in teenagers
- Cause and effects of water management
- Cause and effects of having sports in the school curriculum
- Cause and effects of developing social intelligence
- Cause and effects of bullying in the workplace
The most relevant cause and effect topics
- Cause and effects of watching happy movies, and videos
- Cause and effects of prolonged sitting and not maintaining posture
- Cause and effects of increased carbon emission (pollution)
- Cause and effects of drug intake
- Cause and effects of working from home
Frequently Asked Questions
Alexa Donne is an exceptional online writer who is skilled and passionate about her work. She creates high-quality content that captivates the readers’ attention and ensures you get the best grade in your research papers and essays.
Don't Let Homework Take Over Your Life
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.